Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
Swipe serve, pay with CC or ISIS. It's still GD, but no physical reload needed.
Ah very nice find. Has/can GD ban your Serve from swipe reloads if you do too many loads?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Cbass98
Ah very nice find. Has/can GD ban your Serve from swipe reloads if you do too many loads?
I think they still can.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by VizeL
Saw some other users got this error

Not sure if it was ever resolved for some of them..

Called in and and routed through 3 different agents, and none of them were able to resolve the issue. Tried in chrome, FF, and IE, tried in private mode on Chrome/FF as well. Tried on Safari with my iPhone and kept landing on that error. Anyone have any ideas?

my account is having this error now. I tried several times and got the same message. is there still no known solutions to this issue? thanks
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:59 pm

Has folks tried using the Paypal business Debit card for Riteaid Swipe Reload? Any advice on how to keep it below Paypals radar?

How about any advice on using Paypal Debit as direct debit load for Serve online? Again, any advice on the pacing or amount to keep it going?

Not interested in Maxing out 4k a month. Would be happy with 2-3k a month at a safe and happy rate for everyone, especially paypal.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
Has folks tried using the Paypal business Debit card for Riteaid Swipe Reload? Any advice on how to keep it below Paypals radar?

How about any advice on using Paypal Debit as direct debit load for Serve online? Again, any advice on the pacing or amount to keep it going?

Not interested in Maxing out 4k a month. Would be happy with 2-3k a month at a safe and happy rate for everyone, especially paypal.

Thanks in advance!
I'm doing it right now. Already loaded 3k to Serve online from PPBDC (and got additional 1% cashback from Paypal). Planning to unload another 5k to Serve at walmart. It's accepted as debit at WM. Don't see any reason doing it at Rite Aid and paying $4.95 fee for that.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:23 pm

I'm doing it right now. Already loaded 3k to Serve online from PPBDC (and got additional 1% cashback from Paypal). Planning to unload another 5k to Serve at walmart. It's accepted as debit at WM. Don't see any reason doing it at Rite Aid and paying $4.95 fee for that.
How long have you been doing this? It seems like PayPal freezes as fast as GD, so I want to nurture this thing appropriately.

Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:02 pm

How long have you been doing this? It seems like PayPal freezes as fast as GD, so I want to nurture this thing appropriately.

Thanks!
PPBDC for two months, reloads for 2 years.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:47 pm

PPBDC for two months, reloads for 2 years.
You are probably not loading with Paypal MyCash cards?
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:06 pm

You are probably not loading with Paypal MyCash cards?
I'm loading both MyCash and Green Dots.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 11:11 pm

I'm loading both MyCash and Green Dots.
Ok. Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:57 am

yesterday, i went to cvs (where i've bought with credit before) to buy PP mycash with AGC and was told "cash only". asked if that was new, cashier said yes, i asked if the register would take it and he said it was store policy due to fraud. so im assuming that is no big deal, different store, different cashier will be fine

i then went to 7- (bought from there with credit last week) and was told "cash only" for the first time. convinced the cashier to try it, and it was a hard-code decline with AGC.

wondering if this is an AGC problem or if there was a recent change at 7-registers...help appreciated, pm if you'd like
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
Originally Posted by VerMagnusson
yesterday, i went to cvs (where i've bought with credit before) to buy PP mycash with AGC and was told "cash only". asked if that was new, cashier said yes, i asked if the register would take it and he said it was store policy due to fraud. so im assuming that is no big deal, different store, different cashier will be fine

i then went to 7- (bought from there with credit last week) and was told "cash only" for the first time. convinced the cashier to try it, and it was a hard-code decline with AGC.

wondering if this is an AGC problem or if there was a recent change at 7-registers...help appreciated, pm if you'd like
I purchased one card today at -4 with CC, no problem. However, I went back to the same store 15 minutes later trying to buy another card. Although the CC was approved, it was rejected at the register, due to some limiting? I vaguely remember some sort of limit at -4 store. What are the details?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by cloudybw
I purchased one card today at -4 with CC, no problem. However, I went back to the same store 15 minutes later trying to buy another card. Although the CC was approved, it was rejected at the register, due to some limiting? I vaguely remember some sort of limit at -4 store. What are the details?
As I recall, there's a velocity limit on the registers.

I don't think that we ever figured out exactly what it was, because it the time-out after a $500 card purchase was longer than was worth waiting.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 5:05 pm

Have you been asked to verify your name, address, and ssn by providing documentation for loading mycash to the account? It asked me all this info.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:17 pm

PP

yes 7/11 has a "wait" period. I was confused a few months ago, because the terminal states "approved" and within 2 seconds it comes back with a denial. I once called CC and they stated they are approving the charges, but 7/11 is denying it. So I go a few days later. Don't know the time limit to wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.