Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I've been doing it since I first found out about it. No problems... yet.
Seems like there are better uses of the card, since it passes the "real debit" sniff test... but whatever works for you.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Can I use my PPBDC to make online debit loads to my BB and my other family members' BBs, or does BB not allow that and/or will that raise red flags with PP?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Originally Posted by gallen2000
Did you get any cash back for Citi CC payment? I didn't get it myself.
There is no cashback for these transactions.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:35 am

Paypal to Serve

I think the names have to match on both sides. I did it yesterday PPDBC to Serve $500. No issue. And $200 on my SO account.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:37 am

I am pretty sure Paypal will shut me down one day. Its too good to be true. I realy wish it would work on evolve. (I can do through additional steps, but its a pain in the ...)
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by sechs
Seems like there are better uses of the card, since it passes the "real debit" sniff test... but whatever works for you.
You mean good ol' Wallyworld? If so, I'm not sure that's better than paying Citi cc over the phone.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by barrytuneup
yes 7/11 has a "wait" period. I was confused a few months ago, because the terminal states "approved" and within 2 seconds it comes back with a denial. I once called CC and they stated they are approving the charges, but 7/11 is denying it. So I go a few days later. Don't know the time limit to wait.
Does anybody have more details about this wait period. I walked into -4 today and took a PP Cash card to register. Cashier allowed me to use cc and I swiped. It said approve on screen but then system immediately cancelled the transaction. From other people' reports, this is a -4 issue. I tried again and same thing happened. If my first attempt was rejected and there's a timer before the next transaction can go through, does that necessarily mean someone bought one of these cards <2 hours before I did? I'm skeptical because the cashier initially told me that they don't take cc before I was able to convince him. If someone bought one shortly before me, he should've known that cc is accepted.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:05 pm

In my experimentation, more than 20 mins, less than 2hrs.

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Does anybody have more details about this wait period. I walked into -4 today and took a PP Cash card to register. Cashier allowed me to use cc and I swiped. It said approve on screen but then system immediately cancelled the transaction. From other people' reports, this is a -4 issue. I tried again and same thing happened. If my first attempt was rejected and there's a timer before the next transaction can go through, does that necessarily mean someone bought one of these cards <2 hours before I did? I'm skeptical because the cashier initially told me that they don't take cc before I was able to convince him. If someone bought one shortly before me, he should've known that cc is accepted.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by RJD104
In my experimentation, more than 20 mins, less than 2hrs.
So you think someone bought a PP card shortly before I did?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Can I use my PPBDC to make online debit loads to my BB and my other family members' BBs, or does BB not allow that and/or will that raise red flags with PP?
Yes for your BB card.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:34 pm

PP

Does anybody have more details about this wait period. I walked into -4 today and took a PP Cash card to register. Cashier allowed me to use cc and I swiped. It said approve on screen but then system immediately cancelled the transaction. From other people' reports, this is a -4 issue. I tried again and same thing happened. If my first attempt was rejected and there's a timer before the next transaction can go through, does that necessarily mean someone bought one of these cards <2 hours before I did? I'm skeptical because the cashier initially told me that they don't take cc before I was able to convince him. If someone bought one shortly before me, he should've known that cc is accepted. In my experience with 7/11, if you are not getting the CC approval first, then a denial, it probably means that this 7/11 doesn't accept CC for the PP card. The clerks are usually brain dead anyway and can't tell you anything. Try another store.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:57 pm

deleted
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:04 pm
Suspended

I have had my PayPal account for approximately 12 years. I usually make purchases on Ebay and they use my Paypal to pay for these items.

Last week, I purchased a $500.00 PayPal mycash card (first time) with a CC. Loaded and made a few small purchases, the largest of which was $50.00.

If I withdraw $400.00, am I sending up a red flag? What is the criteria to avoid shutdown? I don't want to get shut down. Any info is appreciated. I've skimmed the thread, and I see that shutdown is common for new accounts. But since I've had mine for so long, is any danger?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
You mean good ol' Wallyworld? If so, I'm not sure that's better than paying Citi cc over the phone.
maybe paying cc bill at WM or KM is safer?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I have had my PayPal account for approximately 12 years. I usually make purchases on Ebay and they use my Paypal to pay for these items.

Last week, I purchased a $500.00 PayPal mycash card (first time) with a CC. Loaded and made a few small purchases, the largest of which was $50.00.

If I withdraw $400.00, am I sending up a red flag? What is the criteria to avoid shutdown? I don't want to get shut down. Any info is appreciated. I've skimmed the thread, and I see that shutdown is common for new accounts. But since I've had mine for so long, is any danger?
I've had my debit card for about 2 months. I've loaded it off and on and used it for everything--I mean everything that was connected to daily spend. In the middle of that I received a $425 payment from a friend that I immediately (next day) transferred to my bank account. Near the end of the month, I placed $725 into BB. I plan to leave half of whatever the balance is when I load to BB. (Someone in here suggested that.)

Point is, I've also had the account for about 12 years, the last 4 pretty much quiet, zero activity. I didn't want to ramp up all of a sudden with My Cash and withdrawals since the account had been quiet and the PPBDC was new. PayPal seems to go after the accounts that load and unload but who knows? I won't keep anything in there that can't sit on a shelf for 6 months. So far, so good. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.