Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 7:51 pm
Suspended

can you ach pull out of paypal ?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA S, AA G; AS G; DL | SPG P50, M G, CC G, IHG P, HLT S | Hertz PC, Avis F
I went to five (5) 7-11 stores today after my success last weekend, but ended up empty handed.
  • Two (2) are small stores (probably franchise stores) that do not stock paypal cards (or any prepaid cards for that matter).
  • One (1) medium size store sells Paypal cards but went OOS.
  • Two (2) are large (probably corporate stores) that have Paypal cards in stock. However, cashier insisted cash only, even after I showed her my receipt last weekend. She acknowledged that the system would go through with CC and I am not doing anything fraud, but she claimed that she would lose her job if she allowed me to use CC.

What magic words do you guys use to purchase Paypal with CC at 7-11 stores? Also, how can one tell if a store is corporate store so that there are more chances for it to sell Paypal cards?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by yugi
Swipe serve, pay with CC or ISIS. It's still GD, but no physical reload needed.
I tried this today. It worked on my perm GD card but not Serve. Had to require a manger come and refund my charge. It was not a pleasant experience. What option did you pick on the pin pad for the reload?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Cbass98
I tried this today. It worked on my perm GD card but not Serve. Had to require a manger come and refund my charge. It was not a pleasant experience. What option did you pick on the pin pad for the reload?
I didn't pick anything. Cashier did it for me.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Tested and the reset is more than 20 mins, less than 2 hrs.

Originally Posted by barrytuneup
yes 7/11 has a "wait" period. I was confused a few months ago, because the terminal states "approved" and within 2 seconds it comes back with a denial. I once called CC and they stated they are approving the charges, but 7/11 is denying it. So I go a few days later. Don't know the time limit to wait.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 7:32 pm

PP

thanks for the test. So you can do 2 in one day if you just come back less then 2 hours later. It just pays to wait a day or two.. As for trick to get 7/11 clerk to take CC... I think it matters not whether its corporate/franchise/etc.. Depends on how hungry owner is for $. My 2 7/11 in western Ct seem to be hungry for funds. On Mon Am I was only customer at 9:30 and clerk sold me the PP card with CC.

Last edited by tcook052; Jul 30, 2014 at 9:01 am Reason: cultural comments
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:25 pm

PPBDMC buying money order

i apologized if this already asked or came up on other threads.

Is there a maximum amount i can purchase MO using PPBDMC (Paypal buisness debit Master Card) before Paypal flags it??
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
Originally Posted by rangerc79
i apologized if this already asked or came up on other threads.

Is there a maximum amount i can purchase MO using PPBDMC (Paypal buisness debit Master Card) before Paypal flags it??
Wouldnt the limit be the amount you had in your paypal account (or bank account if you use it as backup)?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by EL3V3N
can you ach pull out of paypal ?
You can ACH push out of paypal, but I don't think there even is a routing and account number to try to ACH pull out of it
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:30 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum,
you can move the money to your PayPal prepaid debit card (not business, but regular), then ACH pull out from there. The bad part of that is the regular prepaid has a $4.95 monthly fee.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
I didn't pick anything. Cashier did it for me.
Can you post a picture of your receipt then? I find it hard to believe that a cashier would know what a Serve card was to let you load it. And like I said, I did the same method to reload my GD just fine, but my Serve card failed.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Looks like they did indeed change the reset to calendar month from the rolling 30 days. 3am eastern on August 1st and my load limit is reset to $4K after being $0 yesterday.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:08 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Well, I was hoping after we all got tortured over the monthly reset fiasco this month that PP was simply updating their system to switch to a genuine calendar month reset system, rather than the rolling month they had been using. Maybe I'm jumping the gun too much, but I don't have a reset yet, as of Aug 1. Dang.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:38 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I did most of my $4k load at the latter half of July, and my PayPal now shows $4k available to load. ^
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by amolkold
I did most of my $4k load at the latter half of July, and my PayPal now shows $4k available to load. ^
Same here. My load was stuck at $0 until around the 18th and then reset and I did $500 a day until I was back at $0. Now back to $4k. Hope it continues to be calendar month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.