Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:37 am

Do you think it's safer to use the DC to purchase MO's at WM or load serve?
Old Jul 19, 2014, 6:31 pm

All things PAYPAL [Master Thread]

Use the dc to load buxx cards. Then go to wm.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 8:14 pm

I can't get visa buxx cards though
Old Jul 19, 2014, 9:27 pm

so my account previously had $4K limit in the middle of June...now when i check today it only shows $3K...is this due to the revolving 30 day limit or am i missing 1K due they are now limiting my account?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 6:23 am
jyx

Originally Posted by jdcbomb
so my account previously had $4K limit in the middle of June...now when i check today it only shows $3K...is this due to the revolving 30 day limit or am i missing 1K due they are now limiting my account?
It's said now they switched to reset limits monthly. Have you loaded $1000 already this month?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:10 am

Anyone have any recent experiences loading mycash cards while traveling? I once saw a report somewhere that loading cards while traveling sets off paypal's fraud alerts and causes the account to be frozen.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234
Anyone have any recent experiences loading mycash cards while traveling? I once saw a report somewhere that loading cards while traveling sets off paypal's fraud alerts and causes the account to be frozen.
Use VPN or remote connection back to your home computer.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by jyx
It's said now they switched to reset limits monthly. Have you loaded $1000 already this month?
no...i have waited since the 1st week of July to start loading and have not tried.

more details on the timeline: on 2014.06.22 my PP mycash status showed $4,000 available to load for the month...i proceeded to load $500 per day over the next week and a half (not every day).

as of 2014.07.21 my pp mycash status shows only $3,000 available to load for the month with no explanation as to why this limit is set at this value.

is this a case where i should call pp mycash support or would they not be helpful?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:38 am

got a call from pp fraud dept.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:35 am

Shoot. I want to start funding my pp account to get the small boost of combined arrival purchases and pp debit cash back. But the way it sounds, even small, normal spending (about3-4k/mo) will get the stink eye and my account frozen for "fraud." Any comments or experience on using PP debit for daily spend? (yes, I've been reading but haven't seen any posts with this type of activity.)
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by aGeist
Let me guess, you transferred money around (and out) after loads.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
You cant post something that vague and give no details or data points...good grief lol
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:23 am

Do not feed the troll:

Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by air360
You cant post something that vague and give no details or data points...good grief lol
If it's like what I got, the call happened shorty after transferring from a personal account to a business account. It's automated similar to fraud alert on other banks (citi, chase, amex, etc...). And you just have to confirm the transaction by hitting a few phone buttons. No human interaction.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
Originally Posted by lad2
If it's like what I got, the call happened shorty after transferring from a personal account to a business account. It's automated similar to fraud alert on other banks (citi, chase, amex, etc...). And you just have to confirm the transaction by hitting a few phone buttons. No human interaction.
Oh ok....I am just starting to integrate PP into my methods. With a 4k add limit per month its hard to resist. I used it to load the 1k to Serve via debit this month which shows up as a debit purchase...so hopefully that comes across as a positive in that it shows as a purchase and not as a transfer. Between MO, load to Serve at Kiosk, and Load to serve via Online there should not be much reason to do any transfers...and those three things all show as purchases...so hopefully that will help me stay under the radar.

of course, like i said, I am just starting integrating paypal into my stuff...so i could be screwing myself and not realize it lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.