Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:24 pm
ed4

I deposited $5,500.00 worth of PayPal MyCash cards into my account since the middle of July. Out of those card deposits, I spent a little on some eBay, online shopping, etc. - about $500.00 of purchases.

I withdrew $3,000.00 into my bank account this morning at around 10:00 AM today, and it's about 8:20 PM so far, and I have not heard from anyone at PayPal. So far, so good...

My history with PayPal is very good, to say the least:

My PayPal account has been open since 1999, back when they were begging people to sign up for an account, and back then, they threw in a $5 bonus for you and for each referral. I also have a (measly) $500.00 Bill Me Later line of credit with them.

I have over 600 feedback worth of goods bought and sold using PayPal, as a casual eBay'er.

YMMV - good luck.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by cloudybw
I have got calls from 4029357733 several times. It seems to come from PayPal. Is it scam or should I be worried?
Originally Posted by payeco
I had to call that number when they needed to verify some information to approve me for the Biz debit.
You definitely want to pickup the business debit card makes PP MC a much more viable MS option.

Originally Posted by ed4
I deposited $5,500.00 worth of PayPal MyCash cards into my account since the middle of July. Out of those card deposits, I spent a little on some eBay, online shopping, etc. - about $500.00 of purchases.

I withdrew $3,000.00 into my bank account this morning at around 10:00 AM today, and it's about 8:20 PM so far, and I have not heard from anyone at PayPal. So far, so good...

My history with PayPal is very good, to say the least:

My PayPal account has been open since 1999, back when they were begging people to sign up for an account, and back then, they threw in a $5 bonus for you and for each referral. I also have a (measly) $500.00 Bill Me Later line of credit with them.

I have over 600 feedback worth of goods bought and sold using PayPal, as a casual eBay'er.

YMMV - good luck.
YMMV is definitely true, but why not play it safe and just liquidate via MO? You are risking shutdown for very little upside (saving a trip to WM and MO fees).
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by commdiver
You definitely want to pickup the business debit card makes PP MC a much more viable MS option.
Yeah, I've had one for years, even before I started MSing. Not really sure why I got it in the first place to be honest. I guess I should have said I had to call it to verify info on a family members account they were letting me use to get another Biz debit.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by sedubby
Anyone have recent experience buying USPS MOs with PPBD? I would go to Walmart if it was closer but would rather not risk getting shutdown if risk was higher at USPS vs WM?
Works fine at USPS. Requires pin and NO 1-1.5% back. Also expensive money orders.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:11 am

All things PAYPAL [Master Thread]

I have a few newbie q's as I just got the PP biz card. To confirm, the serve online debit loads and WM MO/BP purchases get the 1% cb? I read something online about processing it as a credit signature transaction I believe...is that correct? Are most ppl liquidating via WM, serve, or citi? I believe it's been mentioned that ATM withdrawals are pricier. Thx.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by subdawg
I have a few newbie q's as I just got the PP biz card. To confirm, the serve online debit loads and WM MO/BP purchases get the 1% cb? I read something online about processing it as a credit signature transaction I believe...is that correct? Are most ppl liquidating via WM, serve, or citi? I believe it's been mentioned that ATM withdrawals are pricier. Thx.
Yes, you can online load to a Serve and get the CB. My routine for each Biz debit card I have is $1500 to Serve with a matching name, $2000 in MO at WM, last $500 in ATM withdrawals or bank account ACH.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:17 am

what's the max $ of MO you can purchase with PPBDC at WM

Yes, you can online load to a Serve and get the CB. My routine for each Biz debit card I have is $1500 to Serve with a matching name, $2000 in MO at WM, last $500 in ATM withdrawals or bank account ACH.
I purchase $400 of MO at WM about few month (that was the last time I was at WM). i'm just wondering what is the limit of $ you can purchase for MO at WM before either party start to flagged you??
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:54 am

What about using WM ATM?
Are there any daily limits?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by subdawg
CB for Serve yes, CB for pin-based debits like MO/BP, no.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 11:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by smaxber
What about using WM ATM?
Are there any daily limits?
If all you do is withdraw all the cash every month you're going to get shut down.

I don't use WM ATMs. I have a plethora of fee-free ATMs in my area that I withdraw from.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 6:56 am

Duane Reade

In the past few weeks I have been have a little more difficulty buying PP cards at Duane Reade. Two weeks ago I started have some cashiers limit my purchase to one per day and since monday I have been told cash only by three cashiers. It is very sporadic and not hard coded. The one near my home, I can buy one with a cc each morning but at night its cash only. Cashiers seems to generally have to call a manager to ok CC purchase and some ok and some don't. It; becoming a time waster.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 4:31 am

MyCash

Originally Posted by chaser123
In the past few weeks I have been have a little more difficulty buying PP cards at Duane Reade. Two weeks ago I started have some cashiers limit my purchase to one per day and since monday I have been told cash only by three cashiers. It is very sporadic and not hard coded. The one near my home, I can buy one with a cc each morning but at night its cash only. Cashiers seems to generally have to call a manager to ok CC purchase and some ok and some don't. It; becoming a time waster.
Datapoint: All over the board!
Walgreens in SC said CC is fine you can only buy 1!
Went to RA bought 2 more.,,no problem no DL..easy
bought 4 at CVS looked at Dl but didnt scan it...could have up to 5k per day as per wiki...
All purchases AMEX BLUE
Old Aug 9, 2014, 4:58 am

MO

Originally Posted by rangerc79
I purchase $400 of MO at WM about few month (that was the last time I was at WM). i'm just wondering what is the limit of $ you can purchase for MO at WM before either party start to flagged you??
I use grocery USPS and Wally.....mix it up
Old Aug 9, 2014, 7:18 pm

All things PAYPAL [Master Thread]

Went to cvs. Manager told me pp cash cards are cash only. Went to a RA - cash only also. 2 other RAs let me buy 3k each with cc.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 8:43 pm

Has anyone used this setup? Is it safe to send from:
A-->B--> Bank
C-->B -> Bank

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.