Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
Not true. I just did another $500.00 load this am. My account reset as it should have. It seems this is a YMMV.
Was the previous $4K in PayPal cash cards? I think that would be first report of a correct reset.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:16 pm

Rolling calendar month refresh is dead for me too. 4 days late at this point
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by mster
4 days late at this point
I was about to suggest a pregnancy test, then I realized what thread we were in.

Mike
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Regarding Green Dots, it appears that people are loading them even with a load limit of zero. I'm curious how many GDs people have been able to get through.

Mike
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: UA, AA, USairways, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by st.exupery
Was the previous $4K in PayPal cash cards? I think that would be first report of a correct reset.
Yes, I also want to know if this is universal to everyone, no matter MSer or not, or exclusively to those who do MS by loading 4K cash card monthly. If the former, I guess it is just a system glitch and we shall just wait. If the latter, however, better to find another way to get money back and say farewell.

Look for a data point definitely clarify what I said above. For example, if you don't do MS but happen to load a $500 card last month (so your remaining balance shall be 3.5K), does you monthly limit go back to 4K after 30 days, or still stay at 3.5K? It is a useless data point to simply say you have 4K limit if you haven't used your 4K limit last month since there is nothing refresh this month and you won't notice the problem.

However, I guess those who do not do MS won't bother reading this thread .
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: Starwood/Hyatt/IHG-PLAT/Hilton-DIA
Question

Originally Posted by frugalman
Yes, I also want to know if this is universal to everyone, no matter MSer or not, or exclusively to those who do MS by loading 4K cash card monthly. If the former, I guess it is just a system glitch and we shall just wait. If the latter, however, better to find another way to get money back and say farewell.

Look for a data point definitely clarify what I said above. For example, if you don't do MS but happen to load a $500 card last month (so your remaining balance shall be 3.5K), does you monthly limit go back to 4K after 30 days, or still stay at 3.5K? It is a useless data point to simply say you have 4K limit if you haven't used your 4K limit last month since there is nothing refresh this month and you won't notice the problem.

However, I guess those who do not do MS won't bother reading this thread .
What CC's are you guys using here? Blue cash 5% old skool unlimited?

what makes it worth it with the fees to do this grind on an ongoing basis?

Or is this for minimum spend meeting requirements only, which would make more sense?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: Hyatt, SW, Virgin America
Originally Posted by rb23lb
What CC's are you guys using here? Blue cash 5% old skool unlimited?

what makes it worth it with the fees to do this grind on an ongoing basis?

Or is this for minimum spend meeting requirements only, which would make more sense?
Using the Wells Fargo 5% rewards card, doing it solely for the 5% bonus. If I can net out an extra $150-$200 a month for a couple trips to the drug store thats worth it for me.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by mikeef
Regarding Green Dots, it appears that people are loading them even with a load limit of zero. I'm curious how many GDs people have been able to get through.

Mike
Where are they buying GDs with CCs?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by cancerisking
Where are they buying GDs with CCs?
RA
Old Jul 15, 2014, 6:46 pm

Long time MSer, first time paypaler. Looking for some guidance.

Tools I have are, Rite-Aid once again willing to sell me moneypaks and paypal my cash cards, 2 paypal debit cards, 1 paypal extra credit card, 2 open and active paypal account, 5% card.

Questions. Is wiki correctly saying I can load 4K paypals and 4k moneypak per month for 8K? Could I then double that for both of my paypal accounts? Does doubling spend off of 2 different accounts affect shutdown risk?

What is the safest way to get money off after loading? Limit on MO amount allowed? Debit card should work at post office, right? (have other uses for WM/markets)

Any tips for avoiding shutdown? I have read some of the thread, but not all 75 pages. Thanks in advance. Feel free to direct me to any good blog posts on the topic too.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
Long time MSer, first time paypaler. Looking for some guidance.

Tools I have are, Rite-Aid once again willing to sell me moneypaks and paypal my cash cards, 2 paypal debit cards, 1 paypal extra credit card, 2 open and active paypal account, 5% card.

Questions. Is wiki correctly saying I can load 4K paypals and 4k moneypak per month for 8K? Could I then double that for both of my paypal accounts? Does doubling spend off of 2 different accounts affect shutdown risk?

What is the safest way to get money off after loading? Limit on MO amount allowed? Debit card should work at post office, right? (have other uses for WM/markets)

Any tips for avoiding shutdown? I have read some of the thread, but not all 75 pages. Thanks in advance. Feel free to direct me to any good blog posts on the topic too.
Try loading 4K MPs/month and let us know if it works out.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 9:33 pm

I got through to someone at mycash and they said it was a paypal issue, not a mycash issue.

I got through to someone with paypal and they said that it's a known issue that they're working on. The way he described it, it seemed like an incident affecting a lot of users but not all. He didn't seem to make it sound like it was targeted at anyone for anything like MS.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 pm

Well folks, I'm in the same boat as many of you. I just noticed that my $4,000 limit has not been reset, and it's been a week past when it was supposed to.

I've had a PayPal account from when the service first started, use it regularly for buying / selling on ebay. Maybe I got too aggressive with the loads and they are slowing me down.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I've had a PayPal account from when the service first started, use it regularly for buying / selling on ebay. Maybe I got too aggressive with the loads and they are slowing me down.
As far as I can tell, the entire month of June is not dropping off. I don't see any relation to the type of account activity.

added: - Also possible that the entire months of May and June are not dropping off. April seems to be OK.

Last edited by st.exupery; Jul 17, 2014 at 11:47 am
Old Jul 16, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Hello -

Created a new PayPal acc for a family member about a month ago. Loaded 4k via PayPal cards and have lethe account simmer for the past 2 weeks to avoi quick loads/unloads.

I tried to login to the account last night and it asked for a bunch of questions about my business (type, sales etc). I entered the info and hit continue and I got an error saying "We're sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again.". Tried different machines, browsers no luck. Called PayPal and they have no idea what's going on either.

Anyone had this issue? Have 4k stuck in this account. I'm getting my Debit card soon so hopefully that will work at least and I can cash it out but sure would be nice to access my account!

Thanks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.