Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by frozyn
My thought is that every time we go to OD's, we should probably be flipping back to that number and calling for them to restock, regardless of how many are on the rack.
Agree.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:05 pm

Provident funding mortgage posted in 2 days, no fee, it is a BB system provided payee. Thanks BB.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:10 pm
xp0

Originally Posted by frozyn
My thought is that every time we go to OD's, we should probably be flipping back to that number and calling for them to restock, regardless of how many are on the rack.
I mentioned this a while ago and also mentioned that I did call. Following the prompts I was given an answering machine to leave a message. I didnt know what message to leave. I also dont have the SKU number as the rack doesnt have the Vanilla reload label anymore.

Anyone call and leave a message yet?

Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:22 pm

Any guess will this work with Amex BB or PP?

$25 back after $100+ in purchases at Costco.com:

https://apps.facebook.com/amexlinklikelove/
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
went to a new OD yesterday, the rack was empty, i asked a manager if they had any and he said they sent them back becasue they would not load at the cash register, i wonder if they just would not load since that store may have unknowingly set the default POS to only load with cash
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by tonyflyer
Any guess will this work with Amex BB or PP?

$25 back after $100+ in purchases at Costco.com:

https://apps.facebook.com/amexlinklikelove/
Which American Express® Cards are eligible for this program?
You may enroll any valid U.S. American Express Consumer Card or Business Card from American Express OPEN. Corporate Cards and Prepaid Cards (such as American Express® Gift Cards and Serve® Cards) are not eligible. If your Card cannot be validated, please call the customer service number on the back of your Card for assistance. See our Program Terms & Conditions for full eligibility rules.

https://sync.americanexpress.com/facebook/FAQ

No dice but good find!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:28 pm

How many in one purchase?

What is the highest number of beans that anyone has harvested in a single purchase? I just want to make sure I don't raise the attention of the cardinals or any other interested parties.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:29 pm

Thanks for the info, will only use personal & business cards then.

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Which American Express® Cards are eligible for this program?
You may enroll any valid U.S. American Express Consumer Card or Business Card from American Express OPEN. Corporate Cards and Prepaid Cards (such as American Express® Gift Cards and Serve® Cards) are not eligible. If your Card cannot be validated, please call the customer service number on the back of your Card for assistance. See our Program Terms & Conditions for full eligibility rules.

https://sync.americanexpress.com/facebook/FAQ

No dice but good find!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:43 pm
xp0

Originally Posted by bwelliott
What is the highest number of beans that anyone has harvested in a single purchase? I just want to make sure I don't raise the attention of the cardinals or any other interested parties.
45+ across two cards (Because that was all they had)
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, so I went back to my OD (the only one in my city) and they have none of the "correct" Vanilla reload cards. I had a nice chat with the manager, who was helpful, but didn't have a clue as to what card I was looking for. We did a product search on their computer for "Vanilla reload," and found nothing.

I know lots of folks are being cryptic to protect their source, but how do you know if a particular OD even stocks the Vanilla reloads? And does OD have any sort of inventory locator to know if they're in stock?

Otherwise, I'm afraid this becomes a wild goose chase if you don't have several OD's in your town. I could also look for them when I travel, but I'm hesitant to drive out of my way, given that the odds don't seem so good. I guess I can call the stores in advance and ask, but I'm a bit skeptical an ordinary employee could actually identify a "Vanilla reload card" from the others on the rack.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:49 pm
xp0

When I call the stores know what I am talking about however sadly, near me, the answer is always the same -- "We dont have anymore at the moment"
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by iahphx
OK, so I went back to my OD (the only one in my city) and they have none of the "correct" Vanilla reload cards. I had a nice chat with the manager, who was helpful, but didn't have a clue as to what card I was looking for. We did a product search on their computer for "Vanilla reload," and found nothing.

I know lots of folks are being cryptic to protect their source, but how do you know if a particular OD even stocks the Vanilla reloads? And does OD have any sort of inventory locator to know if they're in stock?

Otherwise, I'm afraid this becomes a wild goose chase if you don't have several OD's in your town. I could also look for them when I travel, but I'm hesitant to drive out of my way, given that the odds don't seem so good. I guess I can call the stores in advance and ask, but I'm a bit skeptical an ordinary employee could actually identify a "Vanilla reload card" from the others on the rack.
Everything you've said is pretty much true. This only works if OD is convenient for you, and calling ahead isn't worth it as most people won't know what you are talking about.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:52 pm
jk2

Honestly, I don't get why ice crea or money green dot at walgreens, 7-11 cannot be purchased with CC. You can reload only permanent cards with those packs, and I'm sure it is possible to track if stolen pack was used to reload some card. On the other hand, those stores do not mind to sell prepaid Visa/MC/AMEX with CC. In my point of view, gift cards (MC, Visa, AMEX) are most sensitive, since you bought it and nobody can track it. Stores can check ID. Why on earth they force this "cash only" thing? What am I missing?

Last edited by jk2; Oct 31, 2012 at 4:58 pm
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jk2
Why on earth they force this "cash only" thing? What am I missing?
Because of the fees that are charged by the cc company. The "mark-up" on prepaid cards is very small.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Jesperss
MMS.

That said, when it comes to sign up for the Ink Plus in a couple weeks, I'll go through The Frequent Miler whereas before I would always go through MMS.
+1 ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.