Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:28 am

MMS disgusts me!

What a greedy copycater and thief!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
FYI, I received my first direct deposit via company payroll today. Did only $25. It hit this morning just like the rest of my direct deposits. Going to do an ATM withdrawal in the next few days and will also do one next week after free ATM's end on 11/4 to be sure that my $25 DD worked.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:39 am

Just checked my BB account, my $10 payroll split deposit is also marked as DD.

Originally Posted by glocklt4
FYI, I received my first direct deposit via company payroll today. Did only $25. It hit this morning just like the rest of my direct deposits. Going to do an ATM withdrawal in the next few days and will also do one next week after free ATM's end on 11/4 to be sure that my $25 DD worked.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by tonyflyer
Just checked my BB account, my $10 payroll split deposit is also marked as DD.
Now I feel like $60 was too much . I'll be checking as well.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by y2chen
As far as I've been able to find, there's no way to track transactions other than on the Bluebird site. Mint doesn't track it, there's no Quicken download, no CSV, nada. I've been manually entering my transactions just so I have my own record.

For those curious about Mint support for BB, here's the community post about it: http://satisfaction.mint.com/mint/to...pport_bluebird
Yodlee doesn't track it, yet, either. They say if enough people manually add it, that they'll develop support for it. I left Mint for Yodlee ~2 months ago and haven't looked back.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Now I feel like $60 was too much . I'll be checking as well.
Haha, yeah I was wondering how low payroll would allow you to go. $10 is pretty low!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by 8fingeredflyer
Yodlee doesn't track it, yet, either. They say if enough people manually add it, that they'll develop support for it. I left Mint for Yodlee ~2 months ago and haven't looked back.
I imagine Mint will add BB pretty quickly here with national televised ads going.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by mrredskin
i'm surprised MMS's post today didn't include five pics of his wife holding 30+ reload cards
^^^
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Originally Posted by 8fingeredflyer
+1

Yodlee >> Mint.

@8fingeredflyer: when you say manually add it, do you mean doing some sort of .csv import? Or just manually adding and account and manually entering individual transactions? If you're doing it all manually, how is Yodlee able to track that?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Haha, yeah I was wondering how low payroll would allow you to go. $10 is pretty low!
I just wanted something that would avoid the Amex cardinals, though I doubt they view Bluebird as a really high margin product anyway. Even if used in the most profitable manner for Amex, they can't really make much.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: Several dozen
If the bank fits, wear it.

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
mms' post is no more ridiculous than comics on here talking in code as if they are some kind ... spies (edited)
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I just wanted something that would avoid the Amex cardinals, though I doubt they view Bluebird as a really high margin product anyway. Even if used in the most profitable manner for Amex, they can't really make much.
They'll make quite a bit on the interchange fees
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stoughton
They'll make quite a bit on the interchange fees
But this isn't aimed at big spenders. The median Walmart customer makes 10% or so less than the median US average (which is around US$45k). Even if the consumer spends $20k annually on things to be put on Bluebird, Amex would make 3% of that at most (likely less at Walmart, I'm assuming Walmart negotiated a new sweetheart deal with Amex on this). $600 annually isn't a lot in truth ($50 a month), and I would argue that this is aimed at people on the lower end of the above spending scale, so it would be even less.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: LOL, ROFL & ...
My go-to OD is now out of the beans but has been stocked this entire year.

Who should I thank first?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:49 pm

you can thank me. feel free to slip a dollar or two into the thank you note.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.