Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:34 am
Suspended

I need help in greater Sacramento area, spent 5 hours in car yesterday=no luck, tia for pm
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
That also won't work.
It appears that koolr disagrees upthread:

Originally Posted by koolr
Wrong!! I have been doing two charges of $600 at the same time. Haven't tried 3 charges yet.
I have not tried personally but will attempt it (2 transactions of $600 in the same day/same store visit) sometime when I get out to WallMart (which is not nearby). Will report back (but might be a while).
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chinookie
It appears that koolr disagrees upthread:

I have not tried personally but will attempt it (2 transactions of $600 in the same day/same store visit) sometime when I get out to WallMart (which is not nearby). Will report back (but might be a while).
2 charges @ WM /= 2 loads to BB

You will not be able to load those 2 $600 to your BB card. There's a really basic reason why, and I'm mostly just dragging this out to see if you'll catch it.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:10 am

You will not be able to load those 2 $600 to your BB card. There's a really basic reason why, and I'm mostly just dragging this out to see if you'll catch it.
Can i answer? not sure if i'm right, but $1000 per day limit?

Sorry...i know i shouldn't spoon feed.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: Hilton-Gold
I was able to load 1000 each on mine & wife's BB at my local WM. I had to do it 4 times as it allowed 500 only.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
Can i answer? not sure if i'm right, but $1000 per day limit?

Sorry...i know i shouldn't spoon feed.
Yes, but you were kind to someone who put much thought and labor into his wife's Christmas gift. That should give you a break of mercy, even from this tough crowd.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:24 pm

Sorry, I was answering earlier if you can have two transactions of $600 each (e.g. MOs) with WF at the same time, not necessarily for the BB load.

And yes, there is a limit of $600 per transaction (not daily) with WF in person.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Achilles
I know people had to close their serve accounts before signing up for BB. However, some have been able to sign up for serve again (after BB sign-up) according to comments on FM's blog. Did anybody else successfully sign-up for serve after BB?
Originally Posted by SGJazz
I would like to know the answer to this as well. If it's a guarded secret, please PM me.
Hint: Those bloggers may be married.

Originally Posted by Happy
Good for you to do the digging.

Now someone can try it aboard - though God helps you in case your BB is stolen and you need to call to report it. (This would be just as tough if it happens domestically.)
Unless you're traveling in Bangalore, in which case you can pop into the call center and they can fix it in person.

Mike
Old Nov 29, 2012, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, Marriott
Originally Posted by mikeef
Hint: Those bloggers may be married.

Unless you're traveling in Bangalore, in which case you can pop into the call center and they can fix it in person.

Mike
lol
Old Nov 29, 2012, 2:00 pm

I'm wasting a lot of gas trying to find beans that can be purchased with ccs. I'm finding a few, but I'm starting to suspect the days of being able to buy them with ccs even at the new leading contender is limited.

This really would be the holy grail for me -- I have several expenses that either cannot be paid by cc or charge a convenience fee to use a cc that makes it unworkable. Getting 6x hilton points by using BB billpay would be a massive boondoggle. I have found enough VRs to get through February, and I'll keep working at it, but this one feels like it's going to have a pretty short effective shelf life.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lkar
I'm wasting a lot of gas trying to find beans that can be purchased with ccs. I'm finding a few, but I'm starting to suspect the days of being able to buy them with ccs even at the new leading contender is limited.

This really would be the holy grail for me -- I have several expenses that either cannot be paid by cc or charge a convenience fee to use a cc that makes it unworkable. Getting 6x hilton points by using BB billpay would be a massive boondoggle. I have found enough VRs to get through February, and I'll keep working at it, but this one feels like it's going to have a pretty short effective shelf life.
they seem to be rolling out slowly here in so cal, but each week another close by cvs seems to get a shipment, i think its a new product thing and will take time to equalize with this high demand,
Old Nov 29, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: Yes.
Guess I have to eat crow. Thanx koolr.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by SJC AA
Found a huge stock of VR tonight at a drugstore in NYC that accepts credit for purchase... they ARE out there!
I am new to FT and to the game and could not find beans anywhere close to where I live or work in NYC. I was able to use a Amex HH card to purchase a Paypal reload to make some payments, but this week the manager was close to the register and said cash or debit only (apparently system is not hard coded though).

I found and purchased though in a small PA town where my brother lives, but they had a USD1K max purchase policy. Worked fine with Chase, Citi, and Amex cards.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 3:57 pm

they seem to be rolling out slowly here in so cal, but each week another close by cvs seems to get a shipment, i think its a new product thing and will take time to equalize with this high demand,
I agree. I'm in NorCal and many stores have empty racks with the beans designation, but I don't know if each store has gotten their shipments yet. That, or they're selling out incredibly quickly.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891
I agree. I'm in NorCal and many stores have empty racks with the beans designation, but I don't know if each store has gotten their shipments yet. That, or they're selling out incredibly quickly.
just ask one of the clerks if they have sen them or if they have not arrived yet, every where on the news all the talk is about how many people are buying gift cards this christmas, they will most likely think you are looking for a chirstmas gift, i have found if you ask nicely most are very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.