Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: UR, *A, UA
Originally Posted by adambadam
Finally found some more beans in the SF BA. Sent my rent to my roommate via BB bill pay. Worked exactly as advertised. Awesome. Now to top up for next month!
Originally Posted by taliesin
Can you post or send me a PM with the location? I've had no luck anywhere in SF.
GASP!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: spg gold
I just went to CVS and was told they now have 1000.00 per day limit on all pre paid cards.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by jkoenig51
I just went to CVS and was told they now have 1000.00 per day limit on all pre paid cards.
I just experienced same message today
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by FrequentDreamer
GASP!
Havent seen any in the San Jose area.. argggg
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:07 pm

Bluebird account is under review

Got the following email. Serve is the header but I don't have a Serve account anymore. I recently deposit money from my wife's Serve account to my account and my wife's account is also under review. I transferred $800 over 2 days ago.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello Serve Accountholder,

Your account is currently under review. For your security and protection we have suspended this account.

In order to resolve the issue on your account, we need verification of the following information:

· Social Security Number

The table at the end of this letter outlines what *** actual document(s) *** you can provide to Serve Virtual Enterprises, Inc. for verification based on the reason(s) listed above.

If we are unable to resolve this matter with you within 10 days, your account will be closed.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:12 pm

question about filling in "payee nickname " for "pay bill"

I am assuming this would be my name as it appears on my mortgage Payment. Is this correct?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by metoo
question about filling in "payee nickname " for "pay bill"

I am assuming this would be my name as it appears on my mortgage Payment. Is this correct?
NO.

Nickname means something you put in so you remember this payee is for what bill.

For example, Citi AA1, Citi AA2 - these are Nicknames.

I dont know if your name would be on the payment. Your account definitely would.

A paper check payment would show payer's name and address. Not sure about electronic payment.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Sounds like CVS is getting tighter with prepaid cards. One CVS where I had previously been able to buy Vanilla with a prepaid card said I needed to buy with a card with my name imprinted on it so they could check ID.

Will be interesting to see if there are more reports of BB accounts being "suspended".
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by vitousa
Got the following email. Serve is the header but I don't have a Serve account anymore. I recently deposit money from my wife's Serve account to my account and my wife's account is also under review. I transferred $800 over 2 days ago.
When did you close the Serve account? What shows up when you log into BB?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 6:08 pm

Funny I just bought $2,500 from CVS a few minutes ago. The limit was $1k per transaction, which I believe has been posted about.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 6:09 pm
Suspended

It's likely the federal regulation regarding open-loop prepaid cards (vs closed loop like an Itunes or Sears card). In theory, nobody should be able to buy more than $1k/day

IIRC, it came into effect in March, but clearly few stores follow it. CVS has long only allowed $1k purchases, but I've never been told that it was per day.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stoughton
It's likely the federal regulation regarding open-loop prepaid cards (vs closed loop like an Itunes or Sears card). In theory, nobody should be able to buy more than $1k/day

IIRC, it came into effect in March, but clearly few stores follow it. CVS has long only allowed $1k purchases, but I've never been told that it was per day.
Unless the stores have a system in place to track the IDs for each such purchases, like they do with the restricted OTC drugs that they swipe your driver license at purchase, how can the stores enforce the $1K a day limit?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Happy
Unless the stores have a system in place to track the IDs for each such purchases, like they do with the restricted OTC drugs that they swipe your driver license at purchase, how can the stores enforce the $1K a day limit?
No clue. When I read the release, it sounded pretty toothless. I suspect it's more of a "well, we did something" type legislation than one anyone really expects to have an effect.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:24 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
I believe some registers coded that the clerk has to enter the CVC in the system though I am not 100% sure because at each store in my area even after card swipe the clerk asked my card and then entered something in the system.
They are entering the last four digits of your card number.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by oozze
I have only done 1 bill pay via BB to pay my mortgage, it went smoothly and quickly.
I think it is electronically, so it went through faster than paper check.

However, I dont know why you want to do bill pay to your own address, i would thing this will trigger red flag all over....
The check is in my landlady's name. I didn't want to send the check to her address because it was an almost certain thing that she will throw it away! This happened once when I sent her a check using my online banking bill payment!
So I decided to send the first check to my own address and give it to her in person and explain that the rent will be paid like this from now on.

Last edited by mizzou1; Nov 30, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.