Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:27 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jkoenig51
I just went to CVS and was told they now have 1000.00 per day limit on all pre paid cards.
I don't think this is new. It is $1,000 per transaction in the register.

I bought four cards at CVS last week, and the clerk offered to break the purchase into two for me.

In general, I try to just buy two at a time though.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:30 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by vitousa
Got the following email. Serve is the header but I don't have a Serve account anymore. I recently deposit money from my wife's Serve account to my account and my wife's account is also under review. I transferred $800 over 2 days ago.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hello Serve Accountholder,

Your account is currently under review. For your security and protection we have suspended this account.

In order to resolve the issue on your account, we need verification of the following information:

· Social Security Number

The table at the end of this letter outlines what *** actual document(s) *** you can provide to Serve Virtual Enterprises, Inc. for verification based on the reason(s) listed above.

If we are unable to resolve this matter with you within 10 days, your account will be closed.
What do you mean by "recently deposit money from my wife's Serve account"? Did you do some sort of direct transfer from Serve to BB?

Did you provide a valid SSN when opening the account?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:11 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by NYBanker
What do you mean by "recently deposit money from my wife's Serve account"? Did you do some sort of direct transfer from Serve to BB?

My wife got the same e-mail today. She didn't use Serve account since beginning of the month, when she sent me $1K. This looks very strange since 1) she provided her SSN when she opened an account and 2) she doesn't do any illegal activity (like load and withdrawal). Maybe, they don't like inactivity.

Last edited by jk2; Nov 30, 2012 at 8:22 pm
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: UR, *A, UA
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Havent seen any in the San Jose area.. argggg
argh is right! I've been in Marin, Mtn View and SF. I think I need to go to the hood...of err umm Vallejo?

Oh where oh where can my Ice Cream be!!!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 9:40 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
data point: Paying Chase mortgage via BB

Sent mortgage payment via BB.

Issued payment on the 26th and was given a "bill pay arrival" date of Nov 29.

Today (Nov 30) the payment is showing up online on my mortgage account with a transaction date of Nov 29. (It did not show up yesterday but does appear to have posted on the date they promised.)
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Unless something changed, this is inaccurate. It's worth noting that "midnight" refers to EST, or 9 pm on the West Coast. I've done many $1000 loads at 8 pm, then another $1000 at 9:05 pm.

Regarding the monthly one, I suspect it's by calendar month.
You are right. I just tried it again and two new beans loaded ok. Must have been some technical glitches last night. Even had them tried loading on the phone as well as looking up the time of my last 1K load. Apologize for the false alarm. 1K daily limit gets reset at midnight eastern time.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:02 am

CVSes that have been very well stocked for weeks are now empty. Seems they are not restocking.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
When did you close the Serve account? What shows up when you log into BB?
I closed the account more than a month ago to open Bluebird. I am able to enter in the information to pay the mortgage. When I hit the confirm button, an error would come up with something about technical stuff and try again. I can not confirm the transaction. I will fax them the SSN info.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by NYBanker

I used the correct SSN when opened the account for my wife. She had some money in the Serve account so I transferred that money over to Bluebird to pay for the mortgage.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 2:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
question answered. It is calendar month. You can reload new $5000 into your bluebird now and $1000 per day(eastern time), not 24 hours.

Last edited by kunk00; Dec 1, 2012 at 6:37 am
Old Dec 1, 2012, 4:47 am

Thanks to everyone who pitched in their $.02. Appreciate the advice!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Comenius
As another data points, I've been to the seven CVS stores near where I live in the North Bay over the last couple weeks--some more than once--and haven't found a single one with VR. Some have the little stickers on the racks where they should go but not one has had a reload card available for sale.

Disappointing!
I presume you mean north bay AREA (a la SF)?? I hope not, I'm about to go shopping for those in a few days!!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:17 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by keirnna
CVSes that have been very well stocked for weeks are now empty. Seems they are not restocking.
WHERE? There are over 7,300 CVS/pharmacy stores in the United States. Your location says Japan, but I know there are no CVS stores there!

In Washington, DC there are still plenty of VR cards in racks at CVS if you know which locations to visit. And I'm not posting that information publicly (or privately, so don't PM me).
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by DCBob
WHERE? There are over 7,300 CVS/pharmacy stores in the United States. Your location says Japan, but I know there are no CVS stores there!

In Washington, DC there are still plenty of VR cards in racks at CVS if you know which locations to visit. And I'm not posting that information publicly (or privately, so don't PM me).
Indiana and North Carolina
Old Dec 1, 2012, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by wcoeqpk862
I presume you mean north bay AREA (a la SF)?? I hope not, I'm about to go shopping for those in a few days!!
Yes, Marin County, SF Bay Area. No VR at CVS as of a couple days ago. I checked 7 stores: Marin City, Mill Valley, Tiburon, Larkspur, Fairfax, San Rafael and Northgate.

I may make another multi-store drive around today to check again though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.