Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by liw5215
check the bluebird from AMEX at http://bluebird.com. why do you still need WF PPC or any other suckers like NS or PP.
Diversity is a good thing.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
check the bluebird from AMEX at http://bluebird.com. why do you still need WF PPC or any other suckers like NS or PP.
Where is the ability to load this card with a mileage earning credit card?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:27 pm

Does anyone know if you can use visa gift cards as a funding source?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by DL172
I believe you can, but don't forget you would be increasing your fees substantially by doing so.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by sk8uno
I believe you can, but don't forget you would be increasing your fees substantially by doing so.
We can't load these cards with vanilla I assume? What is the best way to load these cards then?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DL172
Based on my experience and ones I've seen posted here, changing your funding source can incur security reviews. Even one change, in my case, started a review. I'm keeping it simple now, and no more problems. This means no help with minimum spends, but I'm OK with that.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Cant--not directly. Read FMs blog tho.

May be useful for some people.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Based on my experience and ones I've seen posted here, changing your funding source can incur security reviews. Even one change, in my case, started a review. I'm keeping it simple now, and no more problems. This means no help with minimum spends, but I'm OK with that.
thanks for the heads up
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:46 pm

Anyone has tried U.S. Bank FlexPerks Visa card?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I know with my now defunct WF card, I had only ever loaded with the UA Explorer card.

I can think of only one other thing I have done recently:

I signed up for one of those Wells Fargo free credit report things online and had a code someone gave me. Maybe somehow this is related.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:25 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by prasha11
Anyone has tried U.S. Bank FlexPerks Visa card?
You've asked this twice, yet I answered it twice before you asked the first time.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:38 am

was under review, but now OK

My account was under review for 4-5 days last week, I called in 3 times (they took the last 24 cents in my account as fee for talking to CSR), and was told the review would take 4-5 days and there would be no communication for review. During that time the option to add funds in the web is removed. But finally the option was add back on last Saturday.

I was doing $500 withdraw/safeway cashback every other days to drain the account with funding from Chase SW & BoH CC (no points from BoH). But it looks like for whatever reason, what I was doing was OK according to the rule.

I'm now taking it a bit slower, and will focus more energy on Bluebird instead.

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
nuther datapoint for me...

Today I called into WF again and was again told it is still in some sort of security freeze sorry. I asked for how long and they cant say. It goes to some outside entity blah blah. So I asked for a super. I got one who told me once it's been escalated (which I first was told they did on 10/10) it takes 7-10 BUSINESS days to get an answer, but she thought my freeze was not about to shut me down, just temp hold it. She thinks by the 24th I should be able to call in and find out my card is open again. I asked if they could just close it now but they cannot while it is in this hold.

Stupid.

But I guess I gotsta wait. Then if it is good to go, I will end up using it up and closing the thing.

it worked fine for UA EXPL and while you had to have a 'window' that allowed up to say $2500 of CA on your credit limit, it did go through only and always as a purchase with chase UA and always gave me the miles. The $5 fee to load it also goes on the CC side. So I got miles but I figured it was too costly and now too frustrating to keep using. For me at least.

I will report back I guess in a week+!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Haven't seen this occur before. 2500 CSP 15 days ago, went through fine.

Tried 1500 Platinum just now, WF stated "try another source". Went to Chase online and I shows 2 pending charges one for 1505 and one for -1505.

Looks like WF tried to complete the transaction but Chase denied it.

Anyone else seen this?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by SGJazz
Haven't seen this occur before. 2500 CSP 15 days ago, went through fine.

Tried 1500 Platinum just now, WF stated "try another source". Went to Chase online and I shows 2 pending charges one for 1505 and one for -1505.

Looks like WF tried to complete the transaction but Chase denied it.

Anyone else seen this?
Or it went through but Wells Fargo flagged it and reversed it.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by radagastmod
Or it went through but Wells Fargo flagged it and reversed it.
I suppose that could be but I am reluctant to call in and open a can of worms. I did try lower amounts with the same result.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.