Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by HoKo
As I just stated reports in this thread have indicated BofA is not awarding normal spends points for WF purchases
This is correct. Some just like to blow smoke and are clueless.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Yes, it will

If they get the normal spend points for that $2,500 purchase, then the spend will count towards the total amount required to generate the 2nd bonus. This can be determined when the statement closes, threshold hit or not.
I wish this was true but on my BofA Hawaiian air card, the WF load for $2505.00 counted as a purchase and I even got the points for it but did not get the 2nd bonus of 15K miles having met the 1K spending requirement.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Olympics card earns bronze medals with WF. Of course, grocery store earns silver and charity earns gold, but it's still a spot on the podium.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 5:48 pm

Thank you for that data point, so are you saying that BofA Hawaii and BOH Hawaii will not count $1,000 spent towards the second bonus? That's odd if they are giving you points, so they are processing it as a purchase...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: Several dozen
As I recall in the days of the mint, US Bank was processing dollar coin purchases without cash advance fees, but giving no Flexperks. By now you ought to know that double standards, double talk, and double dealing are completely normal in the banking world.

Originally Posted by PedroNY
Thank you for that data point, so are you saying that BofA Hawaii and BOH Hawaii will not count $1,000 spent towards the second bonus? That's odd if they are giving you points, so they are processing it as a purchase...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by PedroNY
That is correct. It processed as a purchase and I got the points for it but not the min spend bonus. However, on my BofA Alaska card, it also processed as a purchase but I did not receive any points at all.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
Update: No points for $2500 WF load on BoA Alaska; did get points for other normal spending on the card. How annoying.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 7:25 am
Suspended

so the conclusion is, WF prepaid is not as good as it should be?

CITI= cash advance fee
AMEX= not accepted
Chase= accepted without fee but TOO RISKY, CHASE points are too valuable to be abused and chase shuts down cards once they find you risky, unprofitble or anything wrong with your credit history.
BOA= works but no points earning.

any one tried paying any bills with this card?

can I withdraw 2 $500 in one month, and pay bills at same month?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: SPG, HHonors
And Barclay works apparently. But that's pretty useless as I don't believe their cards typically have minimum spends or anything, though you could probably push through $2500-3000/mo to the Barclay US Air card and get 35k miles/year.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by emptiness
It did work before this thread was started. Some just will never learn from their mistakes.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Originally Posted by QL_714
It did work before this thread was started. Some just will never learn from their mistakes.
Just wait till the rest of CCs will die too lol... sad but true...
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by emptiness
so the conclusion is, WF prepaid is not as good as it should be?

CITI= cash advance fee
AMEX= not accepted
Chase= accepted without fee but TOO RISKY, CHASE points are too valuable to be abused and chase shuts down cards once they find you risky, unprofitble or anything wrong with your credit history.

any one tried paying any bills with this card?

can I withdraw 2 $500 in one month, and pay bills at same month?
Cap1 works.

Remember folks...moderation.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Moderation...my loads blend in with other spend, and I vary the load amounts. I rotate chase cards and for some reason or another, I can't get more than $2K to load? Called WFP CS and the agent was reading the T&C. That is all they have! Basically pay an agent to read the same thing I can see on their website! They never gave me a reason why I can't do more than $2K.

I loaded just shy of $2K, chase fraud called me, they asked if I authorized it, I said yes, it went through, thanked the agent, no problem.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sk8uno
Cap1 works.

Remember folks...moderation.
have CAP1 sony visa card, but rewards not valuable and not worth doing it i think
Old Oct 15, 2012, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
rotate chase cards and for some reason or another, I can't get more than $2K to load?
You likely have a $2000 cash advance limit on a $10k credit line? First processes as cash advance then as purchase.

The Olympics card works as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.