Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by QL_714
I will go with all of the above.
me too, but I still want my money back.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

update

HQ to issue a check tomorrow that will overnight to me for SAT delivery.
The agent who talked to me just now apologized for this issue and will fix it.

This check will be in the amount of what was on the PP card - $1097.

No need for me to do the charge back with UA Chase card (that paperwork only just arrived and would have taken time to process through anyway, and hey, this way I keep the miles! haha) so once I have the check I will tell Chase to drop that claim on their end.

The WF HQ team who is working on this agreed that thing one was to get the customer his money back. THEN to figure out what happened and deal with it internally, and then contact me about all this, let me know wth happened and why, and then consider further things like any compensation, etc. I asked for all that, and I will see what happens now.

In the end, it has been an ordeal I do not wish to repeat, and whatever I find out will surely help others here should it happen to anyone else.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
In the end, it has been an ordeal I do not wish to repeat, and whatever I find out will surely help others here should it happen to anyone else.
Vegas over/under line is 8 days for MM's next ordeal. I am betting big on the under. What you say?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Vegas over/under line is 8 days for MM's next ordeal. I am betting big on the under. What you say?
Hahahaha you know me well! I think you are the wizard of oz
Old Nov 3, 2012, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update

So for those who care...

WF finally told me THE REASON this thing happened to me with locked up funds held in some security review, and hoops to jump through that made me fumin' mad over their utter stupidity...

Basically, it's like this:
Ya know how sometimes, once and a while, you might go to make a purchase and then your card doesn't work, so you call in on the number on the back and they just need to ask you if that was you buying X at store Y and then you can go back in and try again? Well, even though I was doing exactly that all the time, this is precisely what occurred.

BUT, when I called in and should have gotten that very thing cleared up in a 2 minute phone call, it instead spun out of control and one thing led to another. Why? I dunno why. No one knows why but I hope that first CSR I dealt with loses his job over it or at the very least gets an unpaid long term leave. Yah, I'm serious.

The drones who work in whichever department doing whatever they are told to do and nothing more, simply pushed whatever buttons making this thing escalate and change even though it never should have been in any other queue other than the one where a customer merely calls in and gets to verify certain charges and is cleared up good to go.

So they made a big fat dumb mistake, that's all!

What I did was to remind them of these things:
  • That the entire structure of HOW this happened needs to be revamped.
  • That the processes that put a thing down one pipeline vs another need to be reexamined.
  • That any time a customer like me IS in such a quagmire, there needs to be a place to contact someone with a brain to try and figure it out.
  • That I be sent some sort of compensation for the hours and crap I had to deal with to get this thing fixed. They did agree to sending some sort of GC but I do not know yet for how much. I'll actually let them try and figure out what they think is right and whatever.

Only after I wrote to a corp. office PO box and someone there actually read my notes and called me, did this thing finally start to begin to commence to clear up. But it did take from Oct 10, when the initial little phone call should have happened with little pains for me other than maybe having to walk out of a store and then go back in, until today, when a check for my now closed WF card should arrive via Fed-X (they gave me a tracking number) to end this ordeal! Nearly a month and I had no idea why til last night when I spoke to the one exec agent who finally dealt with it.

This can happen to you. Let's hope it does not. Why did it happen to me? I dunno. Just 'cuz. Many here have gotten a few WF cards and had not a single bump. Cool. Good for ya! Hope it goes on that way! For me, it had been that way until it wasn't and it had nothing to do with anything I did, how I loaded or where I used the card. It just was. Some say things like, "well, it's over now and get over it" but like I've said, you do NOT want this sort of thing happening to you. Trust me on this!

But now that it's cleared up that means there's instantly room for a new issue. lol. Hmm let's see, how about how a certain giant retailer messed up several debit transactions and owes me $16,000 --half of that for 2 weeks now... (they tried to refund $8k but ended up charging it again yesterday by mistake oops lol) Maybe it'll get cleared up in time for T Day. Don't ask. One in one out--literally to the day!
Old Nov 3, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: UA/AA
Ah, you know you love it.
Perhaps, if you are lucky, they will refund your card fee for the month.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Hahahaha you know me well! I think you are the wizard of oz
I think you picked the wrong handle. Sprinter Man would get things done much more quickly for him . At least you didn't pick Hurdles Man I guess though .
Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:05 am

@MM - If someone was to get in an accident every month would you think it was that persons driving or everyone else?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Ah, you know you love it.
Perhaps, if you are lucky, they will refund your card fee for the month.
They actually did
The check is for $1100 haha
Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@MM - If someone was to get in an accident every month would you think it was that persons driving or everyone else?
Both
In many cases an accident is no fault
Lol
Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last edited by Marathon Man; Nov 4, 2012 at 3:23 am
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:03 am

Last edited by QL_714; Nov 3, 2012 at 3:59 pm
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last edited by Marathon Man; Nov 4, 2012 at 3:23 am
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:41 am

Two days ago I noticed the "Add Funds" option has disappeared from the sidebar in my account. I suspect my account got locked and to avoid having my funds frozen I took out all the money out before I call in. Turned out my suspicion was right. Btw, calling in *will* escalate your case. Will report back on how it goes.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:01 pm
Suspended

does it come with a debit pin #? If so has anyone fed the bird through walmart?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.