Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
If we want to start throwing around the word "clearly," then we should all be referring to WMT loads as "swipe reloads" and not "debit reloads." Because the T&C have different rules for either term.
I thought it was $10K. $5K via VR and another $5K via debit card.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:58 pm

Chase internally defiantly sees this as a cash advance...

I have a card with a 5k credit limit 0 balance but a 1200 cash advance limit.

I tried to load 2500 and it got rejected saying I was over the limit (I have not loaded in over a month). I then tried to load 1100 and it got accepted.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by the4aces

I tried to load 2500 and it got rejected saying I was over the limit (I have not loaded in over a month). I then tried to load 1100 and it got accepted.
Yup. Thats been my experience too. As it has been said here before, I think Chase initially codes it as CA and then converts it as sale.
I wonder why it does that.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by grad10
Yup. Thats been my experience too. As it has been said here before, I think Chase initially codes it as CA and then converts it as sale.
But you are getting the points, right?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:29 am

Programs: UA, Delta, AA Plat
Originally Posted by grad10
I guess, chase converts it after knowing that it's indeed a PURCHASE of prepaid card
Old Nov 30, 2012, 5:22 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by the4aces

Interesting. They are appearing in my Chase accounts as purchases. I'm earning points, and I'm not paying interest.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by aegt123
I thought it was $10K. $5K via VR and another $5K via debit card.
No, it's $5000 total from beans and WF. There is a separate $1000 bucket for debit reloads, which means loading via BB website with a fee, with max $100 per day.

See https://bluebird.com/legal/#d-cash-funding for details.

This means the WF card is only good for feeding $5000 per calendar month to BB, per account.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker
Interesting. They are appearing in my Chase accounts as purchases. I'm earning points, and I'm not paying interest.
Chase initially sees it as a cash advance. You can see this on your account details page.

It shows the "Cash Advance Limit" and "Available for Cash Advance", both the same amount. When you do a load to WF, you will see the available number go down. After a few days it is re-categorized as a purchase and it goes back up.

This was covered earlier in the thread and some take it as cause for concern that chase will crack down on heavy spending on WF as the purchases can't be masked as easily. Though I don't think there have been any reports yet of Chase shutdown due to this.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
No, it's $5000 total from beans and WF. There is a separate $1000 bucket for debit reloads, which means loading via BB website with a fee, with max $100 per day.

See https://bluebird.com/legal/#d-cash-funding for details.

This means the WF card is only good for feeding $5000 per calendar month to BB, per account.
You would have to be very hungry to do the $100 per day for $2 via the website.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by emax48
Chase initially sees it as a cash advance. You can see this on your account details page.

It shows the "Cash Advance Limit" and "Available for Cash Advance", both the same amount. When you do a load to WF, you will see the available number go down. After a few days it is re-categorized as a purchase and it goes back up.

This was covered earlier in the thread and some take it as cause for concern that chase will crack down on heavy spending on WF as the purchases can't be masked as easily. Though I don't think there have been any reports yet of Chase shutdown due to this.
Gotcha. I didn't drill into the transaction on the Chase site. Thanks for clarifying.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Has anyone used the Merrill lynch VISA for this program? I tried using the ML card. The transaction posted as the following:

Card type: Visa
Transaction type: Purchases
Merchant description: MEMBER FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS - MERCHANDISE AND SERVICE

NO "JOY" since no points posted to my account for WF. Later transactions(i.e. gas, grocery) have posted the points.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbc94523
Has anyone used the Merrill lynch VISA for this program? I tried using the ML card. The transaction posted as the following:

NO "JOY" since no points posted to my account for WF. Later transactions(i.e. gas, grocery) have posted the points.
For the ML card that gives 1.25% back? Even if you got points, would that be worthwhile?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Originally Posted by josephstern
For the ML card that gives 1.25% back? Even if you got points, would that be worthwhile?
Its the "ML +" card.

https://card.ml.com/RWDapp/ml/merrillplus
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
But you are getting the points, right?
Yes you do get the points.
As emax has pointed out, initial recognition is CA but ultimately it posts as sale and you do get the points.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:14 pm
DH

Originally Posted by sbc94523

Is it because ML Visa is issued by FIA Card, B of A?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.