Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by econjon
Bad news! BofA did not give miles. It posted as a purchase, but no award miles on statement.
Originally Posted by Stoughton
nor on my BoH statement. Glad I still have time to make the spend
Originally Posted by prestonv
Just confirmed, BofA load now appears as CA on my Alaska CC. At first showed as purchase, but 10 days later showed up as a CA.
Originally Posted by tonyflyer
No miles on my BOH statement either.
Originally Posted by nitro888
I wish this was true but on my BofA Hawaiian air card, the WF load for $2505.00 counted as a purchase and I even got the points for it but did not get the 2nd bonus of 15K miles having met the 1K spending requirement.
Originally Posted by nitro888
That is correct. It processed as a purchase and I got the points for it but not the min spend bonus. However, on my BofA Alaska card, it also processed as a purchase but I did not receive any points at all.
I have read this ENTIRE thread. Still about BOA HA card...miles/no miles conflicting reports but still not clear if loads count toward minimum spending?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I have read this ENTIRE thread. Still about BOA HA card...miles/no miles conflicting reports but still not clear if loads count toward minimum spending?
It looks like none of the ones you quoted counted the amount towards minimum spend. I think Chase is the only bank that is currently recording the amount as a purchase that counts towards points and minimum spend on the Wells Fargo debit card load.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
It looks like none of the ones you quoted counted the amount towards minimum spend. I think Chase is the only bank that is currently recording the amount as a purchase that counts towards points and minimum spend on the Wells Fargo debit card load.
And cap1
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I had a similar problem with BOA HA card when loading the Nationwide VisaBuxx card to make my minimum spend requirement. The points did not initially post, but I was awarded them after I sent a secure message to BofA. I might have gotten lucky, but I'd suggest going this route!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Why not use one of the many other tools for your BoA card? It's only $1000 per card to activate the spend, there are so many other avenues to meet that spend. WF PPC is great for other cards, like Chase Ink with $5K requirement.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by sk8uno
And cap1
And USBank.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ducati
Anyone have success in loading with a CC that is under a different name and billing address?
Anyone?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 9:56 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ducati
Anyone have success in loading with a CC that is under a different name and billing address?
Different name but same billing address has been no problem for me (or, more accurately, for my wife).
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Jake Gittes
I had a similar problem with BOA HA card when loading the Nationwide VisaBuxx card to make my minimum spend requirement. The points did not initially post, but I was awarded them after I sent a secure message to BofA. I might have gotten lucky, but I'd suggest going this route!
I used WFPP to meet both BoA and BoH spend. 36K x 2 miles posted to my Hawaiian account at first purchase (ie 35K bonus miles plus the 1K from the $1K spend). But when I rec'd my statement, no miles were shown being earned. Seems like a glitch on FIA's part as they are clearly being awarded/deposited.

Update: No points posted when using WFPP for either BoA or BoH spend. I confused my prepaid cards. I can confirm that loading a different type of prepaid does get credit for miles

Last edited by farwest101; Jan 2, 2013 at 12:28 am
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by farwest101
I used WFPP to meet both BoA and BoH spend. 36K x 2 miles posted to my Hawaiian account at first purchase (ie 35K bonus miles plus the 1K from the $1K spend). But when I rec'd my statement, no miles were shown being earned. Seems like a glitch on FIA's part as they are clearly being awarded/deposited.

This sounds even more confusing why is it counting towards the minimum spend but not accruing miles?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by gm9928
Yes - and it was charged as a regular purchase.
To confirm. US Bank was charged as a regular purchase with no CA fees, but were points issued for the spend?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:29 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
PO Box

Where I live we do not have curbside mail delivery. All mail must go to a PO Box. This causes problems when applying for CC’s but can be resolved with a phone call. With the Bluebird card the problem was overcome by having the card sent to my son. With my ZIP code mail will not even get to the Post Office if not addressed to a PO Box. Has anyone with a PO Box mailing address been able to find a work around.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:43 am

I realize I can use this to buy a MO from walmart, but is there any daily purchase limit? First post says $600 online, but is there a limit buying stuff at a store?

Would like to do a $1000 MO ...
Old Dec 18, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, BA, HH, IHG
Originally Posted by ned
Where I live we do not have curbside mail delivery. All mail must go to a PO Box. This causes problems when applying for CC’s but can be resolved with a phone call. With the Bluebird card the problem was overcome by having the card sent to my son. With my ZIP code mail will not even get to the Post Office if not addressed to a PO Box. Has anyone with a PO Box mailing address been able to find a work around.
This has been a huge problem for me as well. I have been somewhat successful using this scenario:

Suppose my physical address is 25 Sunrise Lane and my PO Box is 520. For my address I use "25 Sunrise Lane # 520". This workaround was suggested by my local post office. I now use this address when I order stuff online, as well as on credit card apps. This works great with Fedex and UPS also.

Last edited by guera; Dec 18, 2012 at 6:44 am Reason: add info
Old Dec 18, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by brewernq
I realize I can use this to buy a MO from walmart, but is there any daily purchase limit? First post says $600 online, but is there a limit buying stuff at a store?

Would like to do a $1000 MO ...
AFAIK $600 max, on ALL daily transactions, so if you do ATM+CB+MO<$600, that is my experience at least.

On a related question, a MO at Walmart shows up as "Walmart Purchase", how about at Albertson's/Kroger/Safeway? They have in house Western Union or Money Gram to process MO.

I want to avoid any charges from Western Union or Money Gram.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.