Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by arsenalman
I love this forum. One grumpy guy after another.
What's the point of us all sharing our data points on this forum if people aren't going to read them, and then call the bank? I might as well go join a private forum with people who can put in a little legwork
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
Originally Posted by amolkold
What's the point of us all sharing our data points on this forum if people aren't going to read them, and then call the bank? I might as well go join a private forum with people who can put in a little legwork
I agree with that. Too many guys come on the forum expecting everyone else to provide the answers without reading up. But if the guy didnt know (and hadnt read all the threads in each forum), cut him some slack. No need to have each member rip into him.

Either way - i dont want this thread to go on a tangent. Let's move fwd and earn some pts.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
But if the guy didnt know (and hadnt read all the threads in each forum), cut him some slack. No need to have each member rip into him.
No excuse. There is a Wells Fargo Prepaid Card thread dedicated to this and the issue has been discussed at length. If you're not going to read it before you screw up, don't come in asking for help or pity.

Let's move fwd and earn some pts.
Actually, we're pretty much at the end of this one. I think we've all been given unofficial clearance to go as hard as possible on the WF side now that we have a set date that the play will end.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:22 pm

Since the bad news came out, has anyone added a new funding source and successfully utilized it to load WF w/out any issues?

My cards for my next AOR should be in around the 1st of April and I just want to utilize the WF for 1 2k load to clear out a minimum spend. I only have one funding source associated with my WF as of right now, so I wasn't expecting any trouble from adding 1 more. Just wanted to see if I'm expecting/assuming too much
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, UA, CSP
Originally Posted by amolkold
No excuse. There is a Wells Fargo Prepaid Card thread dedicated to this and the issue has been discussed at length. If you're not going to read it before you screw up, don't come in asking for help or pity.

Actually, we're pretty much at the end of this one. I think we've all been given unofficial clearance to go as hard as possible on the WF side now that we have a set date that the play will end.
I meant in general - not specific to this method.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Originally Posted by MilesGator
Since the bad news came out, has anyone added a new funding source and successfully utilized it to load WF w/out any issues?

My cards for my next AOR should be in around the 1st of April and I just want to utilize the WF for 1 2k load to clear out a minimum spend. I only have one funding source associated with my WF as of right now, so I wasn't expecting any trouble from adding 1 more. Just wanted to see if I'm expecting/assuming too much
Added Chase British Airways 3 days ago, funded WFPP - funding accepted. Today on the BA credit card, it is showing as a Purchase, and the cash advance available limit is back to the full amount.

Aresenalfan - agree with your sentiments - but things wont change. Yes, there are times it is deserved. But not to the extent shown recently on this forum.

BTW - while I am not an Arsenal fan (you can guess from my location which RED team I support), great performance by your team v Bayern Munich this week.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DCBob
OK. I need to correct you. It is NOT cash ADVANCED. It's cash ADVANCE. There is no "D" on the end. Unfortunately, when you make such a basic mistake and it's clearly not a one-time typo, it tends to diminish your credibility.
Well English is indeed not my native language and I guess I need to relearn my grammar and spelling to have the "credibility" to post at this forum to ask question.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by thebluejean
The hold was placed because I tried to do a cash advanced over my limit. I didn't know my cash advanced limit is less than $2500. But the rep is more than happy to remove the hold without saying anything.
OK. I need to correct you. It is NOT cash ADVANCED. It's cash ADVANCE. There is no "D" on the end. Unfortunately, when you make such a basic mistake and it's clearly not a one-time typo, it tends to diminish your credibility.
Originally Posted by thebluejean
Well English is indeed not my native language and I guess I need to relearn my grammar and spelling to have the "credibility" to post at this forum to ask question.
@DCBob: Who cares? I bet you are (not) fluent in multiple languages. Do you only speak "American?" Is it necessary to attack others to compensate for your inadequacies? Jealousy perhaps?

@thebluejean: ^

Cash Advanced. I like it.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:47 am

Thumbs up

Wow - if this is how credibilty (woops made a spelling mistake) is judged on this forum - i have no credibility. I am very dependent on Auto-correct and MS Office

While we are talking about basic mistakes - It should have been - There is no "D" at the end.
Unfortunately, when you make such a basic mistake and it's clearly not a one-time typo, it tends to diminish your credibility
^
Old Mar 16, 2013, 6:10 pm

I agree that people should read the thread and only then ask questions. However, because people are constantly calling posters out for this, the signal to noise ratio ends up undercutting the readability of the thread, and only worsens the situation.

It's best to simply ignore posters that ask questions that have already been answered--particularly if they're questions to which the answer is well settled.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:38 pm

waiting has paid off. was able to reload. the rolling limits are very fuzzy (and i dont care to find out since the MS fun will end in May)
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:46 am

Programs: All of 'em
Data Point:
3 BA loads on 2 cards in the last 2 weeks, all came through as purchase after a few days.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:35 am

WHEW! Thought I had gotten shut down, as I wasn't able to login, my security information wasn't even being recognized and I couldn't pull money from an ATM. Just called in and apparently the addresses have to all match up or they immediately lock the card. I tried to load with a Ink business card that had a different address, but they just unlocked the account. So keep that in mind.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:33 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by Mike5889
WHEW! Thought I had gotten shut down, as I wasn't able to login, my security information wasn't even being recognized and I couldn't pull money from an ATM. Just called in and apparently the addresses have to all match up or they immediately lock the card. I tried to load with a Ink business card that had a different address, but they just unlocked the account. So keep that in mind.
Old timer to FT, new to this thread. I have the same problem with my newly acquired biz cards--I have my PO Box address (mailing addy) and my home address on the personals.

I have to do alot of research in thisn thread before asking any questions and I know the basics--don't call/contact WF, PM when necessary (after research has been done), etc.

I am glad I can do the prepaid loading online as I am mostly housebound with a hip injury for 4 more weeks. I can get out and about with my wife's help--I can't drive for 4 weeks, etc. I do not let my medical situation get in the way of doing this. Better late than never.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA, UA, US, AA
Originally Posted by Mike5889
I did the same thing - add a funding card with a different address and couldn't log in, but I wasn't as lucky as you: when I called in, I was told the account is under review, and that I should call again in 2-3 business days.

I can still log in to my other WFPP. I won't mess around with the funding on that one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.