Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: Yes.
Originally Posted by amolkold
I just used WF PP at WM to load BB at the MC and everything went OK.
Same here. Just loaded 550
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:15 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Corridor!
Thanks for the update. How much did you load?
Multiple loads but no singular load above $550.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Corridor!
Everything went as normal till the receipt spit out. They keypad even said approved. I just went to Aldi and was able to pull an extra $100 over the purchase. Then I went back to Walmart and had it loaded at the customer service desk. I had her try it for $200 and it worked this time. ????
I had a similar story: Tried to load $5XX yesterday. Saw "approved" on the register. But not approved. Tried $4XX. Went to a WF ATM and got $3XX no problem. Used WFPP to buy a mountain dew and a box of gobstoppers no problem. Went to WF online and BB online was able to login with no problems and had no alerts.

Tried again this morning on the way to work to load $5XX to BB at WM...same story. Then bought a doughnut and mountain dew no problems.

Guess I'll wait a few days.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:34 pm

Have funded BB a few times the last few days - approx $500 each time. No problems.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by shoreline
Don't need ReadyLink to load WF PP. As of now, can load WF PP with CC, so why use ReadyLink and make an extra step.

However, doesn't really matter much as the WF PP option with CC is going away as of May 1 (it will have to be funded with a WF product).

Maybe you are saying that ReadyLink is another venue that can be loaded by CC (there is a bit of info. around the forum on this) or maybe you are saying use ReadyLink to load WF PP--if so, not for much longer.
Isn't it possible that they will still be required to take ReadyLink transactions as long as its on the back of the card?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:31 pm

Nevermind...

Last edited by WhateverDude; Mar 21, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Old Mar 21, 2013, 1:39 pm

Nevermind...I'm such an idiot. I've reached the maximum $5K load limit (for swipe reloads and VRs) for the month on the BB. Sheesh....

Sorry..back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by thorax
Isn't it possible that they will still be required to take ReadyLink transactions as long as its on the back of the card?

No, I don't think so. They have made a very public announcement for all who currently have their card. Everytime you go to their site to try to load, the new message is alerting you well in advance that a change is coming (and what the change will be).

Also, they may not be sending out new cards with that symbol on the back of the card (who knows) after the new criteria (May 1) comes into play.

I am certain somewhere in their fine print states something about they have the right to change or pull the program at anytime.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:04 pm

Loaded $2500 onto my card this morning. I've been doing alternating 2k/2.5k every 16 days. Didn't change the card I used to load it with. Didn't try to make any purchases with the card. Just a normal load. Then got this email this afternoon. My load is still pending. Not sure if it'll clear and they'll cut me a check or if they'll cancel the pending charge.

Dear xxxxxx

We have closed your Wells Fargo Prepaid Card account. Do not attempt to use the card as it will be retained by the merchant per our direction. We have closed this account due to what we have determined to be inappropriate spending/purchasing activity intended to perpetrate fraudulent activity.

This account cannot be reopened.
Please do not reply to this message as this mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. If you have any questions, please call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-866-360-2857.
Thank you.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Yikes, does that mean you have $2500 in limbo?

One card of mine was shut down 16 days ago with $500 on it, still no sign of the money, either via check or on my card. I'd call them, but I still have another card in play and I don't want to bring attention to it just yet.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: A few
I think this one is game over. Not worth the risk for me at least to keep doing this to May 1st. RIP WF.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Cbass98
Loaded $2500 onto my card this morning. I've been doing alternating 2k/2.5k every 16 days. Didn't change the card I used to load it with. Didn't try to make any purchases with the card. Just a normal load. Then got this email this afternoon. My load is still pending. Not sure if it'll clear and they'll cut me a check or if they'll cancel the pending charge.

Dear xxxxxx

We have closed your Wells Fargo Prepaid Card account. Do not attempt to use the card as it will be retained by the merchant per our direction. We have closed this account due to what we have determined to be inappropriate spending/purchasing activity intended to perpetrate fraudulent activity.

This account cannot be reopened.
Please do not reply to this message as this mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. If you have any questions, please call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-866-360-2857.
Thank you.
How were you unloading?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:49 pm

I have to wonder what people are doing to get shut down. I've been using multiple cards for a long time (relative to the life of this card), almost never make anything but ATM withdraws, and have not had the slightest issue with any of the cards. You just have to take your time withdrawing it. Don't take $1,500 off in 3 days and you're fine.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by LAX88
I have to wonder what people are doing to get shut down. I've been using multiple cards for a long time (relative to the life of this card), almost never make anything but ATM withdraws, and have not had the slightest issue with any of the cards. You just have to take your time withdrawing it. Don't take $1,500 off in 3 days and you're fine.
Well, all these reports are very recent, so it's clear the Mandarins are watching closely now. In any event, it's soon to be dead whatever you do.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:21 am

I'd put in 2K and within the next week, I'd do 2x$500 BB, then on the next day 2x$500BB, and then on the next day, a $500 ATM withdrawal. I stopped doing cashback at groc stores because I wanted to have an even balance so that I would make sure I had a 0 balance on the 3rd of every month (to avoid that fee). Never had a problem before with this method. This was card #2. Card #1 had a longer history with some cashbacks thrown in there. Regardless, I think they'll eventually crack it all down even though they shouldn't bother since people will stop using this come May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.