Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2013, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
Originally Posted by GoBears16
If you were to remove the CC funding source(s) right after loading your WFPP card, they'd have no way of sending the money back to your CC. Speaking from experience...
is it easy for WF to find the information of funding card?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 9:22 pm
Suspended

If you were to remove the CC funding source(s) right after loading your WFPP card, they'd have no way of sending the money back to your CC. Speaking from experience...
Sure they can. They have your card info, just like any other Internet retailer and can refund as easily as Amazon or anyone else. They may elect not to, but they could if they wanted.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Sure they can. They have your card info, just like any other Internet retailer and can refund as easily as Amazon or anyone else. They may elect not to, but they could if they wanted.
If they wanted to, I'm sure they probably could find out the funding CC. With that said, I could imagine that similarly to some merchants on the net, unless you have the CC information explicitly stored with them, previous transactions are of no value to finding out CC details from a "one-time" transaction.
Anyway, rather speculating on what they could or could not do, as a data point I know what they actually did for me. When I chatted with them a couple of weeks ago, they asked me about the funding card and I said it was not available anymore. WF did not push for the details and I received the check 3 days later...
Old Mar 31, 2013, 11:03 pm

If they wanted to, I'm sure they probably could find out the funding CC. With that said, I could imagine that similarly to some merchants on the net, unless you have the CC information explicitly stored with them, previous transactions are of no value to finding out CC details from a "one-time" transaction.
Anyway, rather speculating on what they could or could not do, as a data point I know what they actually did for me. When I chatted with them a couple of weeks ago, they asked me about the funding card and I said it was not available anymore. WF did not push for the details and I received the check 3 days later...
Sounds like the thing to do then. Thanks for the info.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 2:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
WF has already become history for me. I might remember they sell me 13.5k points for $42 and meet some spending requirement. Game is over. Anyway, Thank you WF.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 8:09 am

I received my refund check but my account did not appear closed. I was able to successfully load with the same card I've been using all along. Just FYI guys.

I perceive a greater risk in doing this now so I am liquidating quickly.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 8:45 am

Anyone having issues with Wells Fargo charging "cash advance" on Chase cards lately? I have made charges on my Chase cards before without any issues, however, I was now trying to fund with my SWA Biz card which I just received and the transactions declined. So, I called Chase and csr told me that Wells Fargo is trying to run it as cash advance, therefore it was declined (the CA limit is $2000). Should I just go ahead and charge below $2000 and hope that Chase would change the charge from CA to the regular charge as always?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 8:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by koolr
Anyone having issues with Wells Fargo charging "cash advance" on Chase cards lately? I have made charges on my Chase cards before without any issues, however, I was now trying to fund with my SWA Biz card which I just received and the transactions declined. So, I called Chase and csr told me that Wells Fargo is trying to run it as cash advance, therefore it was declined (the CA limit is $2000). Should I just go ahead and charge below $2000 and hope that Chase would change the charge from CA to the regular charge as always?
They have always run as a cash advance, and then convert to purchase.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
They have always run as a cash advance, and then convert to purchase.
Well, I am getting continuously getting declined on my SWA Biz card, even for the amount lower than $2000!!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:05 am
Suspended

Well, I am getting continuously getting declined on my SWA Biz card, even for the amount lower than $2000!!
Can't help you there. I never got it to work with my Hyatt card, even when running it well below the CA limit.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:30 am

The WF system is very picky about what it lets through. If your name on your SW Bus card (or any other card) for that matter doesn't match exactly the name on your WF account, it probably won't work.

I haven't funded the WF card in a couple weeks, but both my SW cards go through without any issue. For some reason, my Chase United card is constantly declined.

I've met all my spending requirements for my latest AOR. My only question now is whether or not to attempt to churn another $2500 through WF before it's gone for good. Need to decide if the ~$13 is worth 2500 miles.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 11:23 am

Haha oh well so much for this.

I attempted to load (4 consecutive fails) my WF card this morning with my UA card noted above. Just got the infamous fraud alert closure email. Guess that answers my question from above.

Sucks because I only ran about $4k through this thing mixed with a few other swipes here and there. Should have hit it harder!
Old Apr 1, 2013, 3:35 pm

do retailers earn a fee for CB, or is that only for CA?
Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
do retailers earn a fee for CB, or is that only for CA?
I don't think they get a fee but rather they offer it as a convenience to customers. Since the transaction is a debit transaction their fees are limited anyway so its not really costing them all that much and may even be better because they pay fees on the cash they deposit to a bank and for the armored trucks etc.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Game is over. Never try, you will find it is just wasting your time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.