Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2012, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by amolkold
Used 1 card to load first time, used another card to load second and third times. I frankly don't remember what I did when I changed them. I think I entered the 2nd card, then took out the 1st CC I loaded.

Don't plan on changing it up anymore.
thanks for the quick reply amolkold
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
update

My card is not closed, just under a security review.

I have been told these words by any agents I speak to at WF.

That said, DO NOT let them re escalate your case should you call in to find out things. Once they escalate it takes up to 10 biz days to get answer. For me, it was escalated on my second call on 10/15 so I have to now wait til 10/29. Then again I only found this rule out today, so for all I know, the fool I talked to today also escalated it again!

Today I think I talked to a Cardinal. All of them will give you their first name and ID number but this supervisor Eric would not. NOTHING. He would only say he would enter notes and that was that.

So I still cannot know (A) what exactly I did wrong (loaded it with one chase visa about 5 times, used it to buy money orders about 9 times) (B) why the freeze and who did it, (C) when it will unlock (D) if they will reopen the card or close it (E) if they plan to deduct any fees for anything further

I can go on about more frustrating bits of this but in the end I can tell you that if your card gets this freeze, you should plan on waiting a long time to even get an answer, let alone seeing your money again.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
update...
Your stories are so unbelievable you can’t be making them up.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QL_714
Your stories are so unbelievable you can’t be making them up.
I get that a lot
But it's 100% true.

Anyone in FT who has ever met me can vouch for the fact that one thing I do not do is make up these mileage stories. It all REALLY DOES happen to me! I'm spayshell, I guess.

But it really does. I mean of course not with everything but with a lot of things. People think it must be a 1 in a million chance or I must do something to make it happen, and I suppose as with any of these things, sometimes I do, but not in this case and not always.

And so, to help myself keep sane on the matter, my only theory on it has been that anything can happen and it just so goes that it often does take place on my watch. I've actually held positions in companies that specifically handle issues that are 'what if' in nature, and in certain circles outside of work and close to the world of miles, I have been shunned for asking that question. I think it scares weaker minded people to consider the 'yeah but what if' possibilities--and annoys others. I don't even mean to do that but it happens too.

I have so many of these kinds of unbelievable one-off stories that I should write a book. Some would make your head spin. They often frustrate me but now, I many times think in terms of that which is unlikely to happen rather than what is likely to happen.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will add this bit in for anyone here who ends up in the same situation of having some sort of unknown and unresolved freeze put on their card. Again, as we speak, mine has been frozen since I tried using it at a store on Oct 10 and they last told me that I now need to wait til the 29th just to find out its status because they cannot tell me now.

To learn what I found out took me over 2hrs of my own time and a visit to a Wells Fargo Home Mortgage office in my area. I walked in and calmly stated that I needed some help from SOMEONE affiliated with WF, which they mostly are, and that in short, I needed either a hostage or an ally.

I went on to explain that this has taken up much of my time and that we would have to sit here together and get it dealt with now on more than just my time. At first, a reluctant bloke who does mortgages began to hear me out but as we both did speaker phone calls into WF PP, he also became equally frustrated with the CS there or lack thereof.

A woman working in the office also perked up to listen as this guy let me use his office phone to try and deal with it. He chimed in too asking the people I was talking with to clarify this or that but they gave him the same line of bull they gave me. he couldn't believe it. After costing more than an hour of his time--and he had to make a customer wait--it was now realized that something was a mess at WF.

I am no better off now of course, since I found out I have to call in on the 29th, but at least someone else saw it all go down and knows why I was upset. If I write letters or try to deal with this legally or whatever, I will include the fact this guy from WF HM was a witness to the utter stupidity on behalf of his own parent company.

I should actually charge for this information--for if it saves but one person reading this thread, they wont also lose 2 hrs of their day (could be billable time, right?) and may elect to wait longer before calling them, or knowing how long an escalation pushes the answer out, etc. It's all a pain and so I hope anyone who does benefit at least raises a toast to me somewhere if I saved them the same hassle.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 1:49 pm

I get that a lot
But it's 100% true.
I believe you but I am sitting here thinking how does one get banned/froze from WF. You know the games we all play so you know where I am coming from. Maybe change your nic to “KissOfDeath”?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:40 pm

My WF PP card says "debit" on it. Could this be used to load the new color bird from AMEEX? I don't have one of those to try it. Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QL_714
I believe you but I am sitting here thinking how does one get banned/froze from WF. You know the games we all play so you know where I am coming from. Maybe change your nic to “KissOfDeath”?
yes I think I should ask the MODs to change to that nic. I cant figure it out either. I could see closed off but not frozen. The worst part is that once it happens, even WF cant tell you why or when.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by grad10
So you have used atleast 2 different cards for funding and have not undergo any security review ?
I wonder what u did right that others havent or what u did not do that others have ?
I've used 3 cards to load. Loaded from each card once. No problem.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:59 pm

MM, What did you exactly do to make WF so mad at you?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by liw5215
MM, What did you exactly do to make WF so mad at you?
thats just it. I honestly have NO idea!!

one CC (UA Visa) some loads of $2k, 2500
Several Walmart debit uses (money orders $600 max all in)
less than 6 weeks activity in all, if that.

NO clue! No one will tell me or even knows.

I am actually on the phone with them right now (on hold again) and have sent my detailed summary of this to their fraud team in hopes to find out more.

[email protected]

If you notice fraudulent activity on your Wells Fargo account(s) or you suspect identity theft, please contact us immediately.
Report Fraud, ID Theft or Lost/Stolen:

Debit/ATM card or checks:
1-800-869-3557
Credit card:
1-800-642-4720
Identity Theft:
1-800-869-3557

Report other suspicious online activity:
1-866-867-5568
Old Oct 24, 2012, 6:20 pm

thats just it. I honestly have NO idea!!

one CC (UA Visa) some loads of $2k, 2500
Several Walmart debit uses (money orders $600 max all in)
less than 6 weeks activity in all, if that.

NO clue! No one will tell me or even knows.

I am actually on the phone with them right now (on hold again) and have sent my detailed summary of this to their fraud team in hopes to find out more.

[email protected]

If you notice fraudulent activity on your Wells Fargo account(s) or you suspect identity theft, please contact us immediately.
Report Fraud, ID Theft or Lost/Stolen:

Debit/ATM card or checks:
1-800-869-3557
Credit card:
1-800-642-4720
Identity Theft:
1-800-869-3557

Report other suspicious online activity:
1-866-867-5568
MM, Thank you for the information. I opened a WF PPC last week with $2.5K initial load from CSP. I start feeling nervous after reading your story. I guess it will take longer time to get my money out there.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by PresskittJon
My WF PP card says "debit" on it. Could this be used to load the new color bird from AMEEX? I don't have one of those to try it. Thanks.
Almost certainly yes. But due to daily limits and the general ease of draining this card, loading BB doesn't really add much to this product.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by liw5215
MM, Thank you for the information. I opened a WF PPC last week with $2.5K initial load from CSP. I start feeling nervous after reading your story. I guess it will take longer time to get my money out there.
a mean supervisor from the banking side did provide one bit of possibly helpful information I am using right now:

Dispute the load to the PP card with Chase Visa.

This is a case where I would rather do that than keep my $2,505 UA miles.
(I loaded it last on 9/27 for $2,500 plus fee and they've got my $1,097 still)

I have now decided to put in a dispute with my UA card for $1,097 and they have completed this and will send out paperwork which will require me to detail what happened--ie my story in trying to find out why the money is held and when I will get it back. The Chase guy had no issue with my having a PP card I told him people like me use them to have debit visa cards they can use that only have a little bit of money on them for personal security and he agreed that was a good idea.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 7:06 pm

a mean supervisor from the banking side did provide one bit of possibly helpful information I am using right now:

Dispute the load to the PP card with Chase Visa.

This is a case where I would rather do that than keep my $2,505 UA miles.
(I loaded it last on 9/27 for $2,500 plus fee and they've got my $1,097 still)

I have now decided to put in a dispute with my UA card for $1,097 and they have completed this and will send out paperwork which will require me to detail what happened--ie my story in trying to find out why the money is held and when I will get it back. The Chase guy had no issue with my having a PP card I told him people like me use them to have debit visa cards they can use that only have a little bit of money on them for personal security and he agreed that was a good idea.
can you ask them to just close your WF PP and send you a check of $1097?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.