Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:40 am

Right.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:50 am

WhateverDude, is this response to my question, that there is no hard pull?

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
Right.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by tonyflyer
For many people with account under security review, the accounts are accessible and only "load fund" is disabled. Your case is probably something different, I'd call.

QUOTE=prasha11;20339641]WFPP, Tried to sign in my account but get "Security information incorrect." am I in trouble? anyone had this happen?(I could sign in yesterday) call CS or wait for few days?
[/QUOTE]

May be You are right, I just walked to ATM and was able to withdraw $500. I think I might have to call CS, but I will wait until I bring my balance close to '0'
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: Marriott, Delta, Oreos
Originally Posted by punjabi2
Does this mean, getting this card will not hurt the credit score? In other words, no hard pull on getting this card, right?
No bank account or credit check is required.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:20 pm

punjabi2, there is no hard pull.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:31 pm

Thanks msdeller and mapenn!! Really appreciate your help.

Is it the same case for BB? Somehow, that thread is way too quiet...
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Thanks msdeller and mapenn!! Really appreciate your help.

Is it the same case for BB? Somehow, that thread is way too quiet...
prepaid debit cards don't get a hard pull. You're not applying for any credit.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
WFPP, Tried to sign in my account but get "Security information incorrect." am I in trouble? anyone had this happen?(I could sign in yesterday) call CS or wait for few days?
I have the same problem today, maybe the crackdown has begun?

I couldn't log into one account this morning and WF ATM doesn't even allow me to do "View Balance". The other account I can login in the morning and withdrew $500 at ATM, but in the afternoon I can't login online anymore.

Their online login sometimes doesn't work, but if it's not working at ATM, I think it's a very bad sign
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:01 pm

Thanks. That is what I thought, but still wanted to get a confirmation from experts

Originally Posted by Stoughton
prepaid debit cards don't get a hard pull. You're not applying for any credit.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 2:15 pm

I loaded my card a couple weeks ago. I made a $30 purchase online about 4 days ago. Today, I was at Walmart so I put $500 on Bluebird. Then I went to a grocery store and bought about $50 of groceries and got $50 cash back.

When I got home I had an email waiting that my card was closed for fraudulent activity. They also closed my wife's card even though she hasn't even received it yet.

I still have over $1000 on my card and can't access it. Phone call was not much help. I'm not sure if the funds will be on my wife's card, and frozen, or if the charge will be reversed.

This was a total waste of time and a lot of hassle for nothing... and possibly having about $3000 floating out in WF land for who knows how long before I get it back.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by PacoDeGato
I loaded my card a couple weeks ago. I made a $30 purchase online about 4 days ago. Today, I was at Walmart so I put $500 on Bluebird. Then I went to a grocery store and bought about $50 of groceries and got $50 cash back.

When I got home I had an email waiting that my card was closed for fraudulent activity. They also closed my wife's card even though she hasn't even received it yet.

I still have over $1000 on my card and can't access it. Phone call was not much help. I'm not sure if the funds will be on my wife's card, and frozen, or if the charge will be reversed.

This was a total waste of time and a lot of hassle for nothing... and possibly having about $3000 floating out in WF land for who knows how long before I get it back.

Does the 'funding source' of each account match the name that's on the WF account?

Did you try to load your wife's card with a CC in your name or visa versa?

Did you try to log in multiple times with failed attempts?

Just curious of the pattern of what caused your closure for what 'seems to be' are credible spending according to what you are reporting.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by shoreline
Does the 'funding source' of each account match the name that's on the WF account?

Did you try to load your wife's card with a CC in your name or visa versa?

Did you try to log in multiple times with failed attempts?

Just curious of the pattern of what caused your closure for what 'seems to be' are credible spending according to what you are reporting.
Funding source of each account matches the WF account exactly. My credit card for my WF debit to my Bluebird, etc. Wife's credit card for wife's debit. I even provided WF copies of our driver's licenses and SS cards in order to get the debit cards approved.

I did not try to log in except one time this morning to see if the internet charge I made a couple days ago posted. No errors on log in, then I logged out.

I did absolutely nothing suspicious and only used ONCE for Bluebird and then bought groceries with $50 cashback for a total of about $101 and some change.

I can not tell you why they also closed my wife's card for fraud because, like I said, she didn't even receive the card yet.

If it helps, I funded my account with Chase Ink for about $1600. My wife's debit card was funded with a Chase AirTran card for about $1950.

The best I can tell you is they're now closing account for a bluebird load and that they'll also close all accounts at the same address.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:21 pm

That's the whole point of prepaid card (well for most people anyway), you don't need to have credit or bank account to have them!

Does this mean, getting this card will not hurt the credit score? In other words, no hard pull on getting this card, right?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by PacoDeGato
Funding source of each account matches the WF account exactly. My credit card for my WF debit to my Bluebird, etc. Wife's credit card for wife's debit. I even provided WF copies of our driver's licenses and SS cards in order to get the debit cards approved.

I did not try to log in except one time this morning to see if the internet charge I made a couple days ago posted. No errors on log in, then I logged out.

I did absolutely nothing suspicious and only used ONCE for Bluebird and then bought groceries with $50 cashback for a total of about $101 and some change.

I can not tell you why they also closed my wife's card for fraud because, like I said, she didn't even receive the card yet.

If it helps, I funded my account with Chase Ink for about $1600. My wife's debit card was funded with a Chase AirTran card for about $1950.

The best I can tell you is they're now closing account for a bluebird load and that they'll also close all accounts at the same address.
I agree the 'same address' may be the reason the spouses card was closed.

I know that ATM and CB cannot be over a certain amount per day, but it does not appear you exceeded that.

Strange, because many here are using this to fund the BB.

Of course, ymmv, but seems like something odd (even if very small) occured. Maybe you will get your card reopened, but I know some have stated once it is closed it will not be reopened.

Good luck. Please keep us updated on the datapoint of how long they keep your funds tied up and whether or not you are able to get another card.

Last edited by shoreline; Mar 1, 2013 at 7:24 pm Reason: should have said 'maybe' instead of 'is'. (nothing is for sure).:-)
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:23 pm

duplicate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.