FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

jimbaum Sep 30, 2013 5:22 am

Originally Posted by batta (Post 21527178)
I have account A and B.

A and B share the same address, but different name, social and bank account.
Can I use the same credit card on both accounts? then, AP A to B and B to A?

AFAIK, sharing CC and emails are the no-no's. You should try getting an AU card with a different cc# (if a business acct), or a virtual card number (Visa, YMMV).

aeneas3 Sep 30, 2013 9:18 am

Originally Posted by mnscout (Post 21527311)
Can but shouldn't. This is not an exact science, and Amazon is not consistent in how and most importantly how fast they dole out the punishment. You might luck out, but why push the envelope? Better find and throw C into the mix.

this is great advice. I never put the same cc's on both accounts even in different months.

why risk getting banned from a great thing?
Plus, if you add a C in there more power to you. I cannot add a C. a+b are great.

remember too to always try to use real, believable reasons for your notes in your money sends.

JerMah Sep 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by batta (Post 21527178)
I have account A and B.

A and B share the same address, but different name, social and bank account.
Can I use the same credit card on both accounts? then, AP A to B and B to A?

I've done it for months, same setup as you. No problems so far.

MilesGator Sep 30, 2013 7:55 pm

I have 2 accounts; A and B.

They share the same physical address, but different first and last names, different emails and different socials. I'm trying to add a credit card to account B. This credit card is in A's name and this credit card has NOT been added to A's AP account.

When I add this credit card to B's AP account I am using A's name and A's billing address (which is the same as B's billing address for B's credit cards).

When I press submit I get an error page that says:
"We're very sorry, but we're having trouble doing what you just asked us to do. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. "

Has anyone else seen this? And is there anything I can do to get this card added to B's account?

jyx Sep 30, 2013 8:00 pm

As many have suggested to similar situations, can you try to add B to be A's AU?

MilesGator Sep 30, 2013 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by jyx (Post 21532199)
As many have suggested to similar situations, can you try to add B to be A's AU?

Sorry, I should have said that is something that B does not want to do (at least until I put a ring on B).

I appreciate the quick response. If anyone else has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

MaineCoon Sep 30, 2013 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by MilesGator (Post 21532178)
I have 2 accounts; A and B.

They share the same physical address, but different first and last names, different emails and different socials. I'm trying to add a credit card to account B. This credit card is in A's name and this credit card has NOT been added to A's AP account.

When I add this credit card to B's AP account I am using A's name and A's billing address (which is the same as B's billing address for B's credit cards).

When I press submit I get an error page that says:
"We're very sorry, but we're having trouble doing what you just asked us to do. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. "

Has anyone else seen this? And is there anything I can do to get this card added to B's account?

It seems AP has some IT problems as of now, I've got a lot of screens with the same message. I don't think it has any relevance to the account activity.

lad2 Sep 30, 2013 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by MilesGator (Post 21532238)
Sorry, I should have said that is something that B does not want to do (at least until I put a ring on B).

I appreciate the quick response. If anyone else has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

This is what AP sees: Name mismatch on CC because B is not the card holder that is being asked to process. Just like any other online transactions, unless B's name is authorized to use the card, doesn't matter if the address happens to be the same. No AU, then no dice.

MilesGator Sep 30, 2013 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by lad2 (Post 21532275)
This is what AP sees: Name mismatch on CC because B is not the card holder that is being asked to process. Just like any other online transactions, unless B's name is authorized to use the card, doesn't matter if the address happens to be the same. No AU, then no dice.

Thanks, I thought this might be the problem.

Not that I don't trust lad2, but could anyone else verify that this is the problem.

JerMah Sep 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Just add it to the Amazon account. It will show up in the AZP account after. You can setup multiple billing names/addresses in Amazon. Not sure about AZP, but I've always done it through Amazon, oddly enough. No reason for that other than just dumb luck, I suppose.

mnscout Oct 1, 2013 1:17 am

Originally Posted by JerMah (Post 21530902)
I've done it for months, same setup as you. No problems so far.

That's beside the point. You might've lucked out so far and you might keep getting lucked out. But you're risking it. With the demise of CGC, AP is the only free MS method left.

Originally Posted by MilesGator (Post 21532238)

Dude, it seems you're having a major trust issue. Although I must say it's not like B is being unreasonable...:D Life happens.

aeneas3 Oct 1, 2013 7:04 am

Originally Posted by JerMah (Post 21533009)
Just add it to the Amazon account. It will show up in the AZP account after. You can setup multiple billing names/addresses in Amazon. Not sure about AZP, but I've always done it through Amazon, oddly enough. No reason for that other than just dumb luck, I suppose.

thanks this work around worked for me!

baller4ever85 Oct 1, 2013 9:40 am

I think I really messed this up. I had an existing amazon payments account already and I just signed for another myself using a different address, email, and bank. I sent $950 from my older account to my new account. Now the new account isn't able to be instantly verified thru Amazon. Now I see the $950 charge on my card and on amazon payments it says I can't claim the payment and to call, which I really don't want to do. Any resolution to this?

aeneas3 Oct 1, 2013 9:48 am

Originally Posted by baller4ever85 (Post 21535091)
I think I really messed this up. I had an existing amazon payments account already and I just signed for another myself using a different address, email, and bank. I sent $950 from my older account to my new account. Now the new account isn't able to be instantly verified thru Amazon. Now I see the $950 charge on my card and on amazon payments it says I can't claim the payment and to call, which I really don't want to do. Any resolution to this?

You should be able to cancel the payment in a short time (I think a few hours). I sent a payment to the wrong email one time and had to wait to cancel it.

MaineCoon Oct 1, 2013 11:06 am

I am still unclear as of when the schedule for sending/receiving AP resets. Is it a calendar month or 30 days since last pay/receive transaction?

Thanks.