FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

tuppy Mar 11, 2013 5:44 am

The real reason to read the entire thread is cause not only will you get your answer but you will learn about 10 other things along the way. Reading these threads all the way thru is the best way to learn this game. Anyone who isn't willing to put in that amount of time/effort probably isn't cut out for this. This "hobby" takes a huge amount of time and energy to do it properly.

mrredskin Mar 11, 2013 5:47 am

Originally Posted by tuppy (Post 20398916)
The real reason to read the entire thread is cause not only will you get your answer but you will learn about 10 other things along the way. Reading these threads all the way thru is the best way to learn this game. Anyone who isn't willing to put in that amount of time/effort probably isn't cut out for this. This "hobby" takes a huge amount of time and energy to do it properly.

it's ridiculous to ask someone to read 120 pages for something this simple. maybe if FT would finally implement a wiki, threads wouldn't be so long

pcharles Mar 11, 2013 6:06 am

Originally Posted by mrredskin (Post 20398928)
it's ridiculous to ask someone to read 120 pages for something this simple.

Its easier (ie. better) just to ignore them completely.

brooklynmatt Mar 11, 2013 6:14 am

Hey Guys! What is Amazon Payments?

SGJazz Mar 11, 2013 8:25 am

Originally Posted by brooklynmatt (Post 20399005)

Newbie ;)

sametoyou Mar 11, 2013 11:51 am

do you know you get miles for using Citi AA cards on amazon payment?
and will citi treat this as a cash advance with fee even if i select “good & services”?

Thanks

dajoip Mar 11, 2013 2:28 pm

Are there any restrictions for using AP for myself AND my wife? I've been using AP for well over a year for minimum spends, bonus miles, etc. but I never registered my wife for her own account. Does it matter that we share an address and bank account? Also, if I send my parents $1k/month (which they return via our local shared bank), can she send an additional $1k to them as well, or would it be safer to send it to someone else? Just wondering what the limitations are with adding her as a 2nd household AP account, if I do everything almost identically...

JerMah Mar 11, 2013 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by dajoip (Post 20401796)
Are there any restrictions for using AP for myself AND my wife? I've been using AP for well over a year for minimum spends, bonus miles, etc. but I never registered my wife for her own account. Does it matter that we share an address and bank account? Also, if I send my parents $1k/month (which they return via our local shared bank), can she send an additional $1k to them as well, or would it be safer to send it to someone else? Just wondering what the limitations are with adding her as a 2nd household AP account, if I do everything almost identically...

Worked for me using mine and my fiance's accounts for the last few months.

WingedWorldExplorer Mar 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by brooklynmatt (Post 20399005)

Where is Brooklyn ?

Read Thread from beginning and/or Google like everyone else.

Originally Posted by tuppy (Post 20398916)

Well said.

Stoughton Mar 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by dajoip (Post 20401796)

Haven't used AP in over a year but I seem to recall that you could only get $1k, so you might need another recipient

dajoip Mar 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton (Post 20401866)
Haven't used AP in over a year but I seem to recall that you could only get $1k, so you might need another recipient

So you're saying my parents account can only receive $1k/month for free, even though we'd be sending it from two separate AP accounts?

tonyflyer Mar 11, 2013 3:02 pm

correct. you can also see the limits at "manage my accounts"->"view limits".

Originally Posted by dajoip (Post 20401886)
So you're saying my parents account can only receive $1k/month for free, even though we'd be sending it from two separate AP accounts?

dajoip Mar 11, 2013 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by tonyflyer (Post 20401962)
correct. you can also see the limits at "manage my accounts"->"view limits".

OK, so what if I do A --> B --> C, with A & B sharing an address and bank account? Immediate closure?

SGJazz Mar 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by dajoip (Post 20401987)
OK, so what if I do A --> B --> C, with A & B sharing an address and bank account? Immediate closure?

Should be ok. Different cards. Different accounts. Different email. Bassically have as many things different as you can.

topmikey Mar 11, 2013 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by mrredskin (Post 20398928)
it's ridiculous to ask someone to read 120 pages for something this simple. maybe if FT would finally implement a wiki, threads wouldn't be so long

I agree with your comment - chill, people.

Also, there is a Wiki, but it's super general and not nearly as big as it could/needs to be.