FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

AlohaDaveKennedy Mar 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Bail on AP stat. They are getting much better on their analytics and their clergy are actively waiting until you try to withdraw funds as their trigger for a shut down. Basically they are actively trying to trap money, not just shut down accounts.:eek:

Originally Posted by Duffman (Post 20480167)
hello - just wondering how most of you are handling AP.

we've setup a group of four for monthly AP payments A -> B, B- > C, C -> D and D -> A. each month we vary the setup so one person only ever sends money to the same person every third month and we also transfer a different, odd amount of money always less than 1000.

This works like a charm (for now) but is ripe for plucking as Amazon can easily see that each month the same amount of $$$ go in and out of the account each month.. I can of course devise something a bit more complicated to vary the amounts paid out (so inflow != outflow), get more ppl involved to mix up transactions but I've been known to overcomplicate things..

how do you guys typically use it? is your setup more complicated than mine or am I just over thinking this?

Cheers,

Duffman Mar 26, 2013 8:27 am

Sorry, not sure what you mean? I have withdrawn funds twice and haven't had a problem. In fact the speed at which the money hit my bank account was impressive..

Just getting a bit wary (maybe paranoid?) that this is too easy..

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 20481371)
Bail on AP stat. They are getting much better on their analytics and their clergy are actively waiting until you try to withdraw funds as their trigger for a shut down. Basically they are actively trying to trap money, not just shut down accounts.:eek:

30French Mar 26, 2013 9:39 am

Seems aggressive. I think I'll tread carefully in the jungle rather than head for the desert. Seems like plenty of people living dangerously with multiple accounts and such and doing alright. I will continue my A>B>cash sub 1k and pray that the cardinals don't mind.

KennyBSAT Mar 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 20457103)
It is very unpredictable and increasingly risky. Unless you are well capitalized and have a large risk tolerance, move on. If you don't live in the lesser 49, there are some better opportunities now in Texas. If you live in the lesser 49, buy luggage.:D

PM please?!

flyertalkingallday Mar 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Would like a PM as well. I haven't had a problem withdrawing immediately after the money is sent.

ashishduh Mar 27, 2013 11:33 am

I've heard nothing of this. Source?

fcgoal Mar 27, 2013 4:58 pm

I just signed up for an AP acct, and it looks to me like the limit is $500? I find their help pages kind of confusing, but here's what I see:
"Account limits for Personal Accounts

Personal Accounts may receive up to $500 per month. The receiving limit may be raised or removed entirely once a credit card and verified bank account have been registered in the account.

Personal Accounts may send up to $500 per month once a credit card or verified bank account is registered in the account. Once both are registered, the sending limit may be raised or removed entirely.

Personal Accounts may withdraw funds to verified bank accounts. Also, Personal Accounts may purchase Amazon.com gift certificates. Please see Adding New Payment Methods for details on verifying your bank account."

This is from their fee schedule page:
https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdu...-Payments-Fees

apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but thanks in advance for any help anyone has to offer. I've got a few gc's i'd like to turn into real money.

amolkold Mar 27, 2013 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by fcgoal (Post 20494166)
I just signed up for an AP acct, and it looks to me like the limit is $500? I find their help pages kind of confusing, but here's what I see:
"Account limits for Personal Accounts

Personal Accounts may receive up to $500 per month. The receiving limit may be raised or removed entirely once a credit card and verified bank account have been registered in the account.

Personal Accounts may send up to $500 per month once a credit card or verified bank account is registered in the account. Once both are registered, the sending limit may be raised or removed entirely.

Personal Accounts may withdraw funds to verified bank accounts. Also, Personal Accounts may purchase Amazon.com gift certificates. Please see Adding New Payment Methods for details on verifying your bank account."

This is from their fee schedule page:
https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdu...-Payments-Fees

apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but thanks in advance for any help anyone has to offer. I've got a few gc's i'd like to turn into real money.

See bolded.

AlohaDaveKennedy Mar 28, 2013 6:59 am

Don't always believe what you read in the bolding - "Removed entirely" never happens in my modest experience with the program.

Originally Posted by amolkold (Post 20495359)
See bolded.

LAX88 Mar 28, 2013 7:23 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 20496671)
Don't always believe what you read in the bolding - "Removed entirely" never happens in my modest experience with the program.

Well, it is removed entirely provided you use a bank account as the funding source. But who in their right mind would do that? ;)

AlohaDaveKennedy Mar 28, 2013 8:20 am

Exactly!:D

Originally Posted by LAX88 (Post 20496794)
Well, it is removed entirely provided you use a bank account as the funding source. But who in their right mind would do that? ;)

fcgoal Mar 28, 2013 10:32 am

Thanks! So, in practice the limit gets bumped up to 1K once you're fully registered with cc + bank acct?

thegasguru Mar 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by fcgoal (Post 20497829)
Thanks! So, in practice the limit gets bumped up to 1K once you're fully registered with cc + bank acct?

Yes.

Search is your friend. :D^

AlohaDaveKennedy Mar 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Keep to the 1k. The jungle has been flagged as a very risky place to multitask in this year.:cool:

Originally Posted by thegasguru (Post 20498677)
Yes.

Search is your friend. :D^

italdesign Mar 30, 2013 1:44 pm

I have a question about AP. I understand the limit for sending is $1000 per month. Can I send 2 payments of $500 using a different card each time? Trying to minimize suspicion to the CC companies by making the AP charge smaller.