FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

Wise-Broccoli8301 Jan 30, 2014 11:36 pm

GF getting this error:

As a result of changes to federal regulation, Amazon Payments is required to verify your identity. This functionality is temporarily disabled, pending verification of your information
Does she just need to wait? Contact them? She said she gave a crapton of info like SSN, and has a CC added already as its her only Jungle she goes to. It's a bit frustrating trying to work this out with her right before the month end because she's on vacation right now and so communication is not that easy.

f0xx Jan 31, 2014 3:54 am

Originally Posted by dmo580 (Post 22257106)
GF getting this error:

Does she just need to wait? Contact them? She said she gave a crapton of info like SSN, and has a CC added already as its her only Jungle she goes to. It's a bit frustrating trying to work this out with her right before the month end because she's on vacation right now and so communication is not that easy.

Might just have to send in her DL.

kenme1 Jan 31, 2014 10:09 am

Who is ready for another month of AP! I get so excited at the begining of the month, like a little kid going to Disneyland!!!

Rick471 Jan 31, 2014 10:29 am

tick tock, tick tock!

TheDapperDon Jan 31, 2014 12:36 pm

I've been trying to get my gf to sign up for this. I'll see if I can get some others to sign up.

cuebert Jan 31, 2014 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by kenme1 (Post 22259421)
Who is ready for another month of AP! I get so excited at the begining of the month, like a little kid going to Disneyland!!!

Sometimes I do my AP at the end of the month so if I have some cash stuck in a card I can get rid of it, and some months I'll just do it in the beginning of the month, like BB :)

f0xx Feb 1, 2014 4:41 am

I actually gave some of the accounts a month off. Just so the bezos tribe doesn't kill me lol.

healthnut Feb 1, 2014 8:42 am

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 22264063)
I actually gave some of the accounts a month off. Just so the bezos tribe doesn't kill me lol.

No way?! I couldn't do this! :) I'd be losing out on so many points!

prokopon Feb 1, 2014 9:18 am

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 22264063)

I did too. Something about January makes me nervous. Wanted to see if any new regs went into effect that would burn folks doing what I was doing all year in 2013.

travel light Feb 1, 2014 10:01 am

Pay with Amazon Payments Merchant Button

On a different topic:

I encountered a "Pay with Amazon Payments" button at the checkout screen for a national web merchant for the first time the other day.

Checked out with it, using a CC.

There was no impact on my AP limits, though the purchase is shown in Account Activity.

As far as I can make out, there is neither advantage nor disadvantage in using this service.

Are there implications I am missing?

PainCorp Feb 1, 2014 11:43 am

Originally Posted by healthnut (Post 22264835)
No way?! I couldn't do this! :) I'd be losing out on so many points!

Better to lose out on a few thousand now than tens or hundreds of thousands later.

healthnut Feb 1, 2014 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp (Post 22265689)
Better to lose out on a few thousand now than tens or hundreds of thousands later.

That's one way to look at it. I assume I'll get shutdown at some point so I'd rather get those tens of thousands now...

MaineCoon Feb 1, 2014 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut (Post 22266866)
That's one way to look at it. I assume I'll get shutdown at some point so I'd rather get those tens of thousands now...

Yep.

Just did 2 $1K transfers. Smooth as silk.:D

cuebert Feb 1, 2014 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut (Post 22266866)

To quote MaineCoon, "Yup."

ericdabbs Feb 1, 2014 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by MaineCoon (Post 22267701)
Yep.

Just did 2 $1K transfers. Smooth as silk.:D

So I guess if your current AP accounts are banned/suspended, you can just create new AP accounts with new email addresses with the same SSN and you are back in business?