FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

zoonil May 15, 2012 12:51 pm

How can you fund your Amazon Payments account other than Bank Account?

How do I use my Credit Card to fund?

thehawk75 May 15, 2012 2:28 pm

You can't use CC to 'fund'.

crimson12 May 15, 2012 2:50 pm

Is the $1000 limit a payment limit or a receipt limit?

I want to get my condo to accept AP for the common charge, which is less than $1000 month per resident. But obviously if several people used it the condo would receive well in excess of $1000 per month total.

deant May 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by crimson12 (Post 18581106)
Is the $1000 limit a payment limit or a receipt limit?

I want to get my condo to accept AP for the common charge, which is less than $1000 month per resident. But obviously if several people used it the condo would receive well in excess of $1000 per month total.

The limit is for BOTH receipt and sending.

xp0 May 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Why do people seem so against giving AP their SSN? Just give it to them and continue using the service. I dont understand.

prasha11 May 15, 2012 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by xp0 (Post 18582564)
Why do people seem so against giving AP their SSN? Just give it to them and continue using the service. I dont understand.

The resistance is because they need only if you exceed the annual limit. If your transactions are within the federal reporting limits they don't need it. In my opinion they are misquoting or partial quoting the federal requirement.

thehawk75 May 15, 2012 8:46 pm

And for how many accounts did you give 'your' SSN ?

Originally Posted by prasha11 (Post 18582627)
The resistance is because they need only if you exceed the annual limit. If your transactions are within the federal reporting limits they don't need it. In my opinion they are misquoting or partial quoting the federal requirement.

I think there is more to it than just 'misinterpreting' federal requirements. See above

xp0 May 15, 2012 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75 (Post 18582910)
And for how many accounts did you give 'your' SSN ?

Point taken :)

BigRedBears May 16, 2012 7:20 am

The message is gone now.

While seeing the message I was able to receive payments AND make withdrawals, so not sure which part of functionality was limited.

I did provide SSN when I signed up.

houstonhusker May 16, 2012 7:59 am

Agreed, I had no issues giving my SSN because I know I won't/can't exceed the annual limit if you only do 4 transactions a month for total of $1,000...

AlohaDaveKennedy May 16, 2012 8:09 am

Yeah, let's trust them with our data like the 1.5 million folks whose personal data was exposed by Global Payments.:rolleyes:

truckerswife May 16, 2012 8:11 am

Hey guys, Im new here. I found you all yesterday when I had the same message as you guys.

we are processing the tax identity information submitted by you. your account will have restricted functionality during this time.

Kind of scared me a bit! LOL Glad to know I wasn't the only one though.

I did email AP about it and to be honest by the time the email went through the message was gone.

However, I thought I'd show you guys what the emails said.

Greetings from Amazon Payments,

I've checked your account and it looks like you have submitted your tax information.

We've verified the information however there was a technical error and a banner being displayed and the same message conveyed to you this issue has been resolved and the banner has been removed.

We really apologize for the confusion and we would like to inform you that your account was not impacted and no further action is needed from you at this time related to providing your tax information.

I hope this helps.

I'm just glad it's gone. I use AP everyday and would die if I couldn't! LOL I will NEVER EVER in a million years use that stupid paypal again. I couldn't stand having to pay all those fees.

Take care guys and I love knowing that there are others that love AP just as much as I do!!!

josephstern May 16, 2012 9:40 am

truckerswife -

Welcome to FlyerTalk and thanks for the post!

While we all like AP over Paypal for the lack of fees, don't expect it will last forever. Once upon a time, Paypal had no fees either, and I think the limit was $5000 per month, in the very beginning.

As these systems mature and take hold, the fees tend to roll in. That recently happened to both Venmo and PayDivvy.

LAX_Esq May 16, 2012 10:29 am

1) Not wanting our activities transactions reported to the IRS

2) Not wanting to deal with some tax bill from the IRS for "selling" ourselves 10s of Ks of "goods and services"

3) Concerns about identity theft

4) Distrust of big brother / big government

LAX_Esq May 16, 2012 10:30 am

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 18585648)
As these systems mature and take hold, the fees tend to roll in. That recently happened to both Venmo and PayDivvy.

Also, RIP Serve (whenever - May 2012)