FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

Happy Apr 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 18375591)
The only good red flag is the one we use when diving. The Cardinal Rule is to have Y use AP to send a payment to X and then have X send the payment to Y by a means other than AP. If the Cardinal's (of AP and AMEX) can't see the complete transaction cycle they ain't got a reason to stick their beak in your business.:cool:

Even Person X and Person Y share the same address? :confused:

mnscout Apr 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Seeking Amex Biz success stories with AP

Anyone?

User Name Apr 11, 2012 6:44 pm

This really isn't rocket science. There's really nothing to know that hasn't been said in 17 pages. Just get on with it people....

leftpinky Apr 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Do people use seperate bank accounts for AP? I'm applying for a mortgage right now and all these AP deposits into my bank account and killing my chances of getting it...hard to document them...

CreditRocks Apr 12, 2012 12:07 am

What happens when I send payments to someone without Amazon Payments?

Happy Apr 12, 2012 12:21 am

Originally Posted by CreditRocks (Post 18377813)
What happens when I send payments to someone without Amazon Payments?

It cannot be sent. The service is only available to AP members. It does not work like a Western Union.

Astrophsx Apr 12, 2012 3:27 am

People... use the PM... There is a reason that you aren't seeing tons of posts about people being shut down. It's because it's not that complicated and they aren't that strict. Read what you can on here.. and send a message to someone who is active in the thread if you aren't sure of something. AZ payments has got to be one of the most simple methods out there to raise your spending. Lets keep it alive!

AlohaDaveKennedy Apr 12, 2012 5:54 am

Yep. Can be. But we have actually have nonimaginary friends as customers. Customer X sends an AP to us then wants money back - says "our business stinks," so the refund money is sent via one of our bank accounts to X's email account. X gets miles from the card used for the AP transaction, while the bank transaction is free to us and the redbirds don't peep.

BTW, we just found out a regional grocery a short walk from the STCL/DtDD home office sells $2k MO's for $.65 and accepts "We Deserve to Make a Profit's" debit cards. Oh, we wuz robbed - why weren't we told there was a big ol' gold mine in our backyard? Looking now to get free flights to Rome for a cruise by the time wez done blasting all the gold out. Our rent is now gonna be paid by MO, too.

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 18375977)
Even Person X and Person Y share the same address? :confused:

mrnik2007 Apr 12, 2012 6:50 am

Can someone please PM me the instructions on how to bypass the $1000 limit?

Currently, I have been sending my dad/mom $1000 each month (different transactions), and they send it back. However, I would like to up this if possible.

Thanks in advance :)

CodeAdam10 Apr 12, 2012 7:00 am

Originally Posted by mrnik2007 (Post 18378850)

Currently, I have been sending my dad/mom $1000 each month (different transactions), and they send it back. However, I would like to up this if possible.

Why should someone PM you? What have you done to try and reach out? Did you read the 17 pages and see who is active (talkative) enough to help you and tried sending them a PM yourself?

AlohaDaveKennedy Apr 12, 2012 7:18 am

Keep it all PM - unless you figure I'm the only redbird watching FT.

Originally Posted by mrnik2007 (Post 18378850)

mikeef Apr 12, 2012 8:48 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 18378644)
BTW, we just found out a regional grocery a short walk from the STCL/DtDD home office sells $2k MO's for $.65 and accepts "We Deserve to Make a Profit's" debit cards. Oh, we wuz robbed - why weren't we told there was a big ol' gold mine in our backyard? Looking now to get free flights to Rome for a cruise by the time wez done blasting all the gold out. Our rent is now gonna be paid by MO, too.

Don't MOs typically max out at $1,000 per?

Mike

mikeef Apr 12, 2012 8:51 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 18378985)
Keep it all PM - unless you figure I'm the only redbird watching FT.

Tried to PM you (about a separate matter, not Amazon GC), but you be full.

Mike

bocastephen Apr 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 18378644)

Thanks for the tip and very interesting find! Can you elaborate on "We Deserve to Make a Profit" debit cards and which grocery chain this is? I'd like to give it a try as I haven't found a decent way to liquidate Visa gift cards, or even find a store clueless enough to sell them to me on a credit card transaction.

timmyc99 Apr 13, 2012 7:53 am

"We deserve to make a profit"

http://money.cnn.com/2011/10/05/news...ihan/index.htm

..sorry, don't know about the store name though.