FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

leftpinky Feb 5, 2012 8:03 pm

I think Amazon is going to send their best detective after Steve from Olympia. I hope Flyertalk doesn't share your IP with them!

AlohaDaveKennedy Feb 5, 2012 8:28 pm

Wrong clause! Look for a clause similiar to that illustrated in the Membership Rewards program:

"We reserve the right to add to and/or change the Membership Rewards® program (“program”) Terms & Conditions at any time."

Cardinal Fang of The Spanish Inquisition loves that clause and puts the equivalent in any document he can find in any company he works for! I ask you what fun is an Inquisition if you cannot make up the rules as you go along and sneak up on the unsuspecting card user when "Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!":p

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia (Post 17958812)
I think I found the relevant portion of the User Agreement:

"You may not use your credit card to make payments to yourself or to add money to your account. If you use your credit or debit card to send payments for transactions that do not involve the sale of goods or services, you may be charged a cash advance or other fee directly by your card issuer."

ORD-TGU Feb 24, 2012 8:01 am

Anyone tried to use amazonpayments recently? I have used since Nov, no problem for NOV.DEC.JAN transfers, this month was ready to do my FEB cycle, only oneway CC transfer to SO, then SO makes deposit to bank account, so just oneway, not shared, it seems that our accounts were closed :(
No messages, just when I tried to log in, I was asked all the same info as if I were signing in for first time, no history in my account, but I used same info like SS#, DOB, address, etc!
Deal is dead for me then?

glocklt4 Feb 24, 2012 8:20 am

cwilson830 Feb 24, 2012 10:01 am

8mpg Feb 24, 2012 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU (Post 18074132)
Anyone tried to use amazonpayments recently? I have used since Nov, no problem for NOV.DEC.JAN transfers, this month was ready to do my FEB cycle, only oneway CC transfer to SO, then SO makes deposit to bank account, so just oneway, not shared, it seems that our accounts were closed :(
No messages, just when I tried to log in, I was asked all the same info as if I were signing in for first time, no history in my account, but I used same info like SS#, DOB, address, etc!
Deal is dead for me then?

amazon payments still works but they have been onto people for a long time. Maxing out the $1000 a month limit each month is a red flag. Sending the money to someone with the same last name is a red flag.

windcloud5 Feb 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by mab631 (Post 17957643)
If i sign up for amazon payment and so does my mom. We share an AMEX account with different card numbers, live at the same address. I know the max is 1k. So if i send 1k to her she deposits it into her bank account, then send me 1k and i deposit into my bank account would be ok, get banned, loss money?

If you pay back and forth. They will easily catch you. Do a loop (three or more) instead. The bigger the loop, the better. You should have no problem with Amex cards even when your amex cards are from the same account.

dee91 Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by 8mpg (Post 18076639)
amazon payments still works but they have been onto people for a long time. Maxing out the $1000 a month limit each month is a red flag. Sending the money to someone with the same last name is a red flag.

amazon seems to be deleting tons of accounts a bunch of my friends had a whole comlicated circle of accounts close 3 triggers some had same address some had same CC some had just kept on sending between 900-1000 a month all abruptly shut down. they called and amazon said they reserve the right to close accounts for no reason. some had socials..

johndoe123 Feb 26, 2012 8:23 pm

Datapoint:

I pay a monthly recurring charge on the fifth of every month to a friend ($800-950 area, but it's a set amount).

He withdraws and hands me the cash.

Never any issues, and it's only used one-way.

Been doing this for years.

samdori Feb 26, 2012 9:50 pm

What happens if your account is closed? Do they lock you out of the amazon payments only, or your entire amazon account is closed?

captaincool Feb 27, 2012 12:25 am

Originally Posted by samdori (Post 18087816)
What happens if your account is closed? Do they lock you out of the amazon payments only, or your entire amazon account is closed?

I'm wondering the same thing....don't want to lose any amazon credit/gift cards

MidnightLight Feb 27, 2012 12:37 am

Originally Posted by samdori (Post 18087816)

Pretty sure the impact is limited to your Amazon Payments access. I got shut down abruptly last year, but my main Amazon buyer account is still fine (despite having the same email as one of the payment accounts that got suspended).

prasha11 Feb 27, 2012 12:43 am

Has any one's transaction been denied and a note to call the customer service? should I call? what can I expect?

AlohaDaveKennedy Feb 27, 2012 7:47 am

OK, is it dawning on you heretics that Cardinal Fang and The Spanish Inquisition is watching AP and the other payment systems closely and that this game requires sophisticated structuring to be profitable? Far too easy to color outside the lines with this game and go into the laundry business, so the red birds just ain't gonna show mercy if they notice you.

So, the solution is a cartel. But that takes alot of effort and requires alot of trust....

N_Phoenix Feb 27, 2012 7:50 am

Originally Posted by MidnightLight (Post 18088285)
Pretty sure the impact is limited to your Amazon Payments access. I got shut down abruptly last year, but my main Amazon buyer account is still fine (despite having the same email as one of the payment accounts that got suspended).

Same here, still using my main Amazon account with prime after I was shut down when this first started.