FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

mikeef Feb 7, 2013 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by member7777 (Post 20204009)
The best way to use AP is any way you want. Enough of the value judgements.

No value judgments here. More "risk minimization."

AnitaBryant63 Feb 7, 2013 2:48 pm

Yeah its really risk tolerance. I've got a low risk tolerance for losing my AP account. So I'm very careful with my account. Same issues with the PayPal thread. PayPal is run by the devil himself, so I wouldn't even bother with that.

cronin85 Feb 7, 2013 5:27 pm

Can someone please send me a PM for multiple accounts and method how to use it? :x

jada135 Feb 8, 2013 11:14 am

Originally Posted by cronin85 (Post 20206349)
Can someone please send me a PM for multiple accounts and method how to use it? :x

The best advice has already been written here.I use to lurk here a lot before i joined but i learned quickly how to start at the beginning and read every post so i don't keep asking the same questions that have been asked before.Its really interesting the things you learn by reading from the start.I would tell you to take it slow as a lot of gimmicks are getting shut down try to fly under the radar with AP.

nwflyboy Feb 8, 2013 11:46 am

Indeed. Flying below the radar is the key to any deal lasting. If you go quietly, AP can work for you for a very long time.

Slow and steady winds the race. Being discreet allows the race to continue.

brooklynmatt Feb 8, 2013 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy (Post 20210715)
Indeed. Flying below the radar is the key to any deal lasting. If you go quietly, AP can work for you for a very long time.

What a great post for #1655 in this thread.

PedroNY Feb 8, 2013 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy (Post 20210715)

^^
2+ years running.

the_jaguar Feb 8, 2013 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by PedroNY (Post 20212745)
^^
2+ years running.

nice! I have been doing this off and on for more than a year.

iahphx Feb 8, 2013 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63 (Post 20202354)
Yeah, that seems like an unreasonable risk for me to mess with AP. Best to just use this one as intended. Slow and steady wins the race.

Yeah, but if the "safe" limit really is only $1000/month now, it's not a race, but a crawl.

deant Feb 8, 2013 10:23 pm

Amazon Payments

Has anyone had an issue with fraudulent charges on their CC after using AP?

kiam Feb 8, 2013 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by deant (Post 20213738)
Has anyone had an issue with fraudulent charges on their CC after using AP?

Happened last week but on a card I hadn't used for a long while, first payment failed, call the bank to remove the hold, 10 min later AP reset the monthly limit, then I resubmitted the payment, no issue.

KM123 Feb 8, 2013 11:00 pm

I'll take the crawl! I haven't heard of any fraud. Where else did you use your card?

deant Feb 9, 2013 12:29 am

Originally Posted by KM123 (Post 20213859)
I'll take the crawl! I haven't heard of any fraud. Where else did you use your card?

Had not used the card since the very first of January. The charges in Dec and early Jan were from normal places like Home Depot, Crate and Barrel etc. No unusual places and no internet purchases. Then the first of Feb I processed an AP transaction and today I get a call from AMEX fraud department asking about some charges from today. All were bogus.

jamesteroh Feb 9, 2013 9:32 am

Originally Posted by deant (Post 20214082)
Had not used the card since the very first of January. The charges in Dec and early Jan were from normal places like Home Depot, Crate and Barrel etc. No unusual places and no internet purchases. Then the first of Feb I processed an AP transaction and today I get a call from AMEX fraud department asking about some charges from today. All were bogus.

Probably didn't have a thing to do with AP. I have had two credit card accounts used bogusly in the past year and NEITHER were used with amazon payments. Both cases noone had the cards but they somehow made a fake card and were able to swipe them. The one card was a marriot visa that I got and put put $1k in charges on (card was only used twice) and had been sitting in a locked area of my house that only I have access to for a few months, so hard telling when the theif/poacher got your card info.

AlohaDaveKennedy Feb 9, 2013 12:21 pm

Watch all your cards carefully, especially if running transactions in volume. One consistent source of exposure is compromise of banking and transaction processing systems. AFAIK AP has not been compromised, but most of the major banks have and ditto the transaction processing systems.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 20215446)
Probably didn't have a thing to do with AP. I have had two credit card accounts used bogusly in the past year and NEITHER were used with amazon payments. Both cases noone had the cards but they somehow made a fake card and were able to swipe them. The one card was a marriot visa that I got and put put $1k in charges on (card was only used twice) and had been sitting in a locked area of my house that only I have access to for a few months, so hard telling when the theif/poacher got your card info.