FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

flyertalkingallday Aug 22, 2013 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx (Post 21314719)
anything but citi cards

Why anything but citi? Do they shut down accounts for using AP?

AlohaDaveKennedy Aug 22, 2013 6:43 am

I have used Citi for AP, but never for funding bank accounts or buying GCs from financial institutions. To use Citi for GCs you need to buy them from a place that is not a financial institution.

Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday (Post 21315389)

Bender464 Aug 22, 2013 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx (Post 21314719)
anything but citi cards

Thanks, I guess I was trying to see if you put all 3 on the same CC every month.

flyertalkingallday Aug 22, 2013 10:04 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 21316083)
I have used Citi for AP, but never for funding bank accounts or buying GCs from financial institutions. To use Citi for GCs you need to buy them from a place that is not a financial institution.

Thanks! I found it quite shocking that you used plain English for once.

YoungBubbie Aug 22, 2013 10:16 am

I was thinking the same thing!

eltex Aug 22, 2013 10:31 am

Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday (Post 21317127)
Thanks! I found it quite shocking that you used plain English for once.

I think ADK was hacked, so that is why you see a different type post. He will likely gain control of his account later, and be back to the normal Zombie coding.;)

raccah Aug 22, 2013 10:37 am

Just an aside, was it me or did AP actually go PP? For a few months now, AP allowed you to send money with a CC - even when you had cash in the account. This month when me and my friends did our monthly conga - it took the money from the account and did not even give me the chance to use a CC. I am sure this is all over this post or others, just wondering if it was just me.

jrreynolds Aug 22, 2013 10:53 am

I just read somewhere that if you use your AMEX PRG card you will get 3X points.
Can anyone confirm

flyertalkingallday Aug 22, 2013 10:59 am

Originally Posted by raccah (Post 21317322)
Just an aside, was it me or did AP actually go PP? For a few months now, AP allowed you to send money with a CC - even when you had cash in the account. This month when me and my friends did our monthly conga - it took the money from the account and did not even give me the chance to use a CC. I am sure this is all over this post or others, just wondering if it was just me.

You need to withdraw the money from your account first. Otherwise, that money will get sent to the recipient instead of money from your CC.

andyandy Aug 22, 2013 10:59 am

Originally Posted by jrreynolds (Post 21317422)
I just read somewhere that if you use your AMEX PRG card you will get 3X points.
Can anyone confirm

I can confirm that that used to be the case. Unfortunately, the error now appears to be fixed.

Andyandy

hmmurdock Aug 22, 2013 11:39 am

Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday (Post 21315389)

Used citi for AP here too. No issues.

AlohaDaveKennedy Aug 22, 2013 5:57 pm

Nah, its the time of the season. [Odessey and Oracle (1968)]

Don't you go hating on Marie Laveau and The Greatful Undead.

You may find she's not there August 29 in Portland, Oregon.

So where is the location referenced, eltex?:cool:

Originally Posted by eltex (Post 21317276)
I think ADK was hacked, so that is why you see a different type post. He will likely gain control of his account later, and be back to the normal Zombie coding.;)

Astrophsx Aug 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Bender464 (Post 21316778)
Thanks, I guess I was trying to see if you put all 3 on the same CC every month.

I typically use the SPG Amex card.

eltex Aug 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Uh-oh, a test. I will surely fail this one. I have 8/29 burned in my mind because that is when TMBBQ fest tickets go on sale. I am still debating if I want GA or VIP tix. I'm leaning toward VIP, just to get the early hour entrance.

I'm looking at your Portland reference, and it is sailing over my old bald head. Maybe Aladdin Theatre? If so, I will say I loved those guys during my college days, down at Papa Joe's and other bars on High Street. I hear it's changed over the years, but back then, you couldn't beat an early morning of 'kegs and eggs' before the big game every year.

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 21319894)
Nah, its the time of the season. [Odessey and Oracle (1968)]

Don't you go hating on Marie Laveau and The Greatful Undead.

You may find she's not there August 29 in Portland, Oregon.

So where is the location referenced, eltex?:cool:

Jesperss Aug 22, 2013 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by jrreynolds (Post 21317422)
Can anyone confirm

Ended in June.

Thank The Points Guy for killing that one. Only took him a day. :td: