FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

turnpike13 Aug 27, 2013 5:41 am

Originally Posted by thesolution (Post 21327892)
I hope this question hasn't been asked yet, but the $1,000 limit on a calendar basis or 30 days from last transaction? Thanks!

Do you honestly think (after putting more than 30 seconds of effort) that this question has not been asked and answered many times over by posters like you who don't want to read the whole thread?

Joe Schoomer Aug 27, 2013 1:15 pm

Newbie here. When people talk about sending money using Amazon Payments, are they referrring to Amazon WebPay? I am trying to find some documentation where it says that the transfer up to $1000/month is free. Can you please point me to it? I plan to do A -> B, if that option exists.

KennyBSAT Aug 27, 2013 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Joe Schoomer (Post 21345394)
Newbie here. When people talk about sending money using Amazon Payments, are they referrring to Amazon WebPay? I am trying to find some documentation where it says that the transfer up to $1000/month is free. Can you please point me to it? I plan to do A -> B, if that option exists.

Sigh. Circles, arrows, hand holding included: Amazon Payments for people who don't want to research. Audio version for non-readers coming soon!

Welcome to Flyertalk!

Bean Aug 27, 2013 1:26 pm

Seriously?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=amazon+payments

hmmurdock Aug 27, 2013 1:46 pm

I would just bite the bullet and take the chance that it will work. Worse case you've paid Amazon a few bucks for their troubles. :fingers crossed:

:rolleyes:

flyertalkingallday Aug 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT (Post 21345449)
Sigh. Circles, arrows, hand holding included: [linked removed] Amazon Payments for people who don't want to research. Audio version for non-readers coming soon! [/URL]

Welcome to Flyertalk!

Shhhh! Don't let them know.

Joe Schoomer Aug 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT (Post 21345449)
Sigh. Circles, arrows, hand holding included: Amazon Payments for people who don't want to research. Audio version for non-readers coming soon!

Welcome to Flyertalk!

:D Thanks. I have read that and also the posts on this thread. But I still can't find where it says it is FREE to send up to $1000 per month. I saw this link https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdu...-Payments-Fees but it shows a fee for sending money. I just wanted to confirm that this is the same service that people are using to send money on Amazon.

iqbalt80 Aug 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by Joe Schoomer (Post 21345593)
:D Thanks. I have read that and also the posts on this thread. But I still can't find where it says it is FREE to send up to $1000 per month. I saw this link https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdu...-Payments-Fees but it shows a fee for sending money. I just wanted to confirm that this is the same service that people are using to send money on Amazon.

oh my god........and sighhhhhh

fromfall98 Aug 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Ok, I am newbie for AP, had read about it when it started few years ago but it sounded too good to be true (since I am a paypal user), so didn't try it.
After reading last few pages (about 20 of them), have decided to open AP account for self (A) and spouse (B). Am planning to do:

A --> B --> Bank account, few weeks later, B --> A --> Bank account.

With whatever knowledge I have gathered on this thread, I think above should be ok and won't create any major ripples in the pond :)

Please correct me in case I am amiss.

Cheers!

iqbalt80 Aug 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by fromfall98 (Post 21346416)
Ok, I am newbie for AP, had read about it when it started few years ago but it sounded too good to be true (since I am a paypal user), so didn't try it.
After reading last few pages (about 20 of them), have decided to open AP account for self (A) and spouse (B). Am planning to do:

A --> B --> Bank account, few weeks later, B --> A --> Bank account.

With whatever knowledge I have gathered on this thread, I think above should be ok and won't create any major ripples in the pond :)

Please correct me in case I am amiss.

Cheers!

Never make a CIRCLE....

flymax77 Aug 27, 2013 6:25 pm

question... just sent my first amazon payment...

it shows as pending...

it was for $800

do you know how long it goes as pending for?

thanks in advance!

fromfall98 Aug 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 (Post 21346496)
Never make a CIRCLE....

Thanks!

Ok, got it. Though I would think there might be legitimate reason for a person to send money to sender.

Apart from that, I am guessing everything else is ok?

Cheers!

Steve in Olympia Aug 27, 2013 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by rb23lb (Post 21347178)
question... just sent my first amazon payment...

it shows as pending...

it was for $800

do you know how long it goes as pending for?

thanks in advance!

Every time I have made an Amazon payment, it says "pending" even though the recipient has already received the payment. Check the other end of the transaction, and you will likely be pleased......

iqbalt80 Aug 27, 2013 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by fromfall98 (Post 21347599)
Thanks!

Ok, got it. Though I would think there might be legitimate reason for a person to send money to sender.

Apart from that, I am guessing everything else is ok?

Cheers!

I am sure there can be a legitimate reason for a circle but why take chances with the cardinals.. better safe than sorry...

Bean Aug 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 (Post 21347902)
I am sure there can be a legitimate reason for a circle but why take chances with the cardinals.. better safe than sorry...

Unwarranted concern, if you ask me.

I've been doing A to B to bank with an immediate (1 min later) B to A to bank every month for two years now. All full $1K amounts.

So either I am incredibly lucky or AP just doesn't give a rat's a$$.
You decide which one....

Personally, I think the key to being safe is different bank accounts.