FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

sharka Sep 17, 2013 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by MaineCoon (Post 21456984)
There is a limit of sending $1K/mo, is there a limit on receiving as well?.

Isn't both send and receive max out at $1000/mt/acct. So technically, if you have multiple Amz accts and you send and receive no more than $1000 to each separate acct it should be fine or am I missing something?

rustum76 Sep 17, 2013 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by ChurnCzar (Post 21144432)
Nope. Isn't coded that way for the Chase Amazon either.

I am very late into this game. I just transferred 1k to spouse AP. I won't get 3X points for using chase Amazon right?

steventravel Sep 17, 2013 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by sharka (Post 21460650)
Isn't both send and receive max out at $1000/mt/acct. So technically, if you have multiple Amz accts and you send and receive no more than $1000 to each separate acct it should be fine or am I missing something?

Your not missing anything.

MaineCoon Sep 17, 2013 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by sharka (Post 21460650)

You are not missing anything.

I wasn't sure about $1K/mo receiving limit, that's why I asked.

The idea was to open a couple of extra accounts to speed up CGC liquidation.

Not going to work.

Business accounts can receive up to $10k/mo though.

CrediPig Sep 17, 2013 1:11 pm

Does this same setup A>B>C... work with PP as well? Can you open multiple accounts with them as you can with AP?

JerMah Sep 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by CrediPig (Post 21460850)
Does this same setup A>B>C... work with PP as well? Can you open multiple accounts with them as you can with AP?

Good luck. People get shutdown quickly for that. Not to mention, unless you have a 4%+ card on everyday purchases (IE: paypal), you'd be losing money each transaction. With VR or VS/MC GCs, at least the fee is typically 1% or lower.

sharka Sep 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by MaineCoon (Post 21460751)
You are not missing anything.

I wasn't sure about $1K/mo receiving limit, that's why I asked.

Not going to work.

sharka Sep 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by MaineCoon (Post 21460751)

Not going to work.

Sorry, Don't understand when you said "Not going to work"???? what can't work? Thanks

flyertalkingallday Sep 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Creating multiple accounts, and in some instances paying yourself between your own accounts works sometimes. You're very likely to get your accounts disabled if you do this. Some have reported funds being held for months after having their accounts locked.

CrediPig Sep 17, 2013 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by JerMah (Post 21460915)

Originally Posted by CrediPig (Post 21460850)

Good luck. People get shutdown quickly for that. Not to mention, unless you have a 4%+ card on everyday purchases (IE: paypal), you'd be losing money each transaction. With VR or VS/MC GCs, at least the fee is typically 1% or lower.

Actually it would be profitable with a card giving back more than 1%. PP reloads - $3.95 each. Like using VR to BB.

MaineCoon Sep 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by sharka (Post 21461081)
Sorry, Don't understand when you said "Not going to work"???? what can't work? Thanks

Not going to work is opening a couple of extra accounts just for sending the AP and not receiving any money, since the limit on receiving is the same $1K.

italdesign Sep 17, 2013 6:27 pm

Has anyone recently had their transaction show up as Cash Advance even though you selected Goods/Services? This happened to my partner. He is sure that he selected Goods/Services, but a few days later we noticed a $50 fee from Citi. Then we went back to the AP transaction history and gawlee, it says Cash Advance. It's possible my other half in fact mis-selected Cash Advance by accident, but I'm just wondering if it happened to anyone else.

JerMah Sep 17, 2013 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign (Post 21462449)
Has anyone recently had their transaction show up as Cash Advance even though you selected Goods/Services? This happened to my partner. He is sure that he selected Goods/Services, but a few days later we noticed a $50 fee from Citi. Then we went back to the AP transaction history and gawlee, it says Cash Advance. It's possible my other half in fact mis-selected Cash Advance by accident, but I'm just wondering if it happened to anyone else.

Nope. A coworker bought himself a $1000 AZ gift card once though... :D

CrediPig Sep 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Is there a way to apply an AZ gift card to your AP account? I can't find any way to do this.

gloreglabert Sep 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by CrediPig (Post 21462919)
Is there a way to apply an AZ gift card to your AP account? I can't find any way to do this.

Yeah, you figure out a way to do that and let us know. You'll become an instant celebrity.