FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amazon Payments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1144591-amazon-payments.html)

troyhouse Jul 6, 2013 10:27 am

so are we sure that 3X MR points for AP is over? I do see 3X points for my May payments and waiting for June points to post, but the pending points looks suspiciously low.

PainCorp Jul 6, 2013 11:39 am

Originally Posted by troyhouse (Post 21049823)
so are we sure that 3X MR points for AP is over? I do see 3X points for my May payments and waiting for June points to post, but the pending points looks suspiciously low.

Pending points don't include bonus points, at least not from what I can see looking at my account...

FlyingTonto Jul 6, 2013 12:16 pm

I've been pretty conservative with AP. Been doing $1k - A (husband) to B (wife) - withdrawing $1k to our joint AB account.

Never had a problem.

Thinking about adding the second reverse payment - $1k from B to A and withdrawing to same joint AB account.

Would this get us flagged and shutdown? Or are people here doing this regularly?

AscorbylPalmitate Jul 7, 2013 1:31 am

Originally Posted by FlyingTonto (Post 21050301)
I've been pretty conservative with AP. Been doing $1k - A (husband) to B (wife) - withdrawing $1k to our joint AB account.

Never had a problem.

Thinking about adding the second reverse payment - $1k from B to A and withdrawing to same joint AB account.

Would this get us flagged and shutdown? Or are people here doing this regularly?

yes

2RETIREDTRAVELERS Jul 7, 2013 7:51 am

update-

Originally Posted by crzn (Post 21043076)
Just checked my wife's statement , a $997 payment listed as "goods and services" but no points listed. Is Amex gold no longer giving points for Amazon pay?

Although my wife's statement shows ZERO points earned or pending her online MRP now shows 997 points pending! (not shown yesterday):)

ma91pmh Jul 7, 2013 8:55 am

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate (Post 21053675)
yes

No, actually

EDIT: Sorry - my mistake, if it's the same account that is a reported risk. Different accounts, no problem

al613 Jul 7, 2013 9:22 am

Originally Posted by troyhouse (Post 21049823)

How do you receive 3x MR (Amex?) points for Amazon?

GatorBlues Jul 7, 2013 10:49 am

Quick question, and yes, I searched the thread but didn't find a clear answer. I want to open AP for me and AP for my wife. I'll transfer to her each month but she will never transfer to me to avoid risk. Is there a problem with the fact that my wife and I will have the same joint checking account registered? For whatever reason, she is vehemently opposed to opening new individual bank accounts for this purpose.

ma91pmh Jul 7, 2013 11:05 am

Originally Posted by GatorBlues (Post 21055268)
Quick question, and yes, I searched the thread but didn't find a clear answer. I want to open AP for me and AP for my wife. I'll transfer to her each month but she will never transfer to me to avoid risk. Is there a problem with the fact that my wife and I will have the same joint checking account registered? For whatever reason, she is vehemently opposed to opening new individual bank accounts for this purpose.

Indications are having same bank account is bad, though I'd have to go back many moons to find any direct evidence. I'd work on your persuasion skills. I have a whole farm of bank accounts for these purposes :)

SGJazz Jul 7, 2013 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by GatorBlues (Post 21055268)

Do not use the same account number. Check with your bank, you may be able to open a second account within the same overall account. The routing will be the same but a different account number will be generated.

raceroyce Jul 8, 2013 8:18 am

ive been skimming through this thread and havent found my answer. is this legal? i mean has anyone got a tax evasion or anything from the irs? if you use your credit card and it comes up as a purchase and you select goods or services, doesnt that mean the person you are sending money to has a business. the person you are sending money to has to sign up for an amazon account and list there ssn. that person would be a sole proprietor and would have to file taxes on the money they received right?

lad2 Jul 8, 2013 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by raceroyce (Post 21060034)
ive been skimming through this thread and havent found my answer. is this legal? i mean has anyone got a tax evasion or anything from the irs? if you use your credit card and it comes up as a purchase and you select goods or services, doesnt that mean the person you are sending money to has a business. the person you are sending money to has to sign up for an amazon account and list there ssn. that person would be a sole proprietor and would have to file taxes on the money they received right?

https://payments.amazon.com/sdui/sdu...al-Regulations

FlyingTonto Jul 8, 2013 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh (Post 21054766)
No, actually

Got a yes and a no.

Is the no from past experience? Tranferring from A to B and withdrawing to joint account. Then transferring from B to A and withdrawing from same joint account?

If someone in the past has been shutdown because of this, then it wouldn't be worth it.

raceroyce Jul 8, 2013 6:56 pm

lad2- yah i read all that, but that doesnt answer my question. that is for a 1099k which was made because too much online retailers don't report all their earnings, so the irs is making the 3rd party companies like amazon report it. you are still supposed to file a 1099 misc. from my understanding you report any income coming in. if the income is more than $600 you get taxed. If the profits are more than $400 you get taxed. if it is less than that you dont get taxed but still have to report it.

so if the 1099k supersedes the 1099 misc for online income, i would be a very happy person. then i wouldn't have to pay taxes until i make $20,000

ma91pmh Jul 8, 2013 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingTonto (Post 21062146)
Got a yes and a no.

Is the no from past experience? Tranferring from A to B and withdrawing to joint account. Then transferring from B to A and withdrawing from same joint account?

If someone in the past has been shutdown because of this, then it wouldn't be worth it.

My mistake above (which I have edited). If it's the same account, that is a known risk. But it really is very easy to just open a second account for draining the second AP account