Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by oranjemakker
I flew Malaysian in J for the first time last week from Shanghai to Melbouren connecting in KL. The plane from Shanghai was hopeless (a very old 737 with terrible seats) and it was very difficult to sleep. I was looking forward to a shower...
After getting lost and confused in the satellite terminal where the signage was very confusing with the temporary lounge, I ended up at a place called the CIP lounge which has hideous. On being advised there were showers in the Regional Lounge I went there, and there seemed to be only one shower, which was accessible from the main toilet area (where the urinals are) which i found odd.
It was also filthy, with a visibly dirty floormat and black hairs in the shower. I pointed this out and a guy mopped a dirty mop over it, not hygienic at all.

I guess my expectations in a home base were higher of the lounge for an Asian airline.

Unitl reading this forum after i got home I had no idea it was a new lounge, it didnt seem new. Food was decidedly average I thought. As a OWE I was shown to the partitioned off first class area, but as other have pointed out was nothing special.

Staff were very keen to please though and friendly, but still a poor experience i thought.

For a hub airport, sufficient and clean showers are a must IMO
I have suggested many times they invest in shower slippers but they have ignored the 4-5 suggestions I have made over the past 3 years. I got a foot fungal infection I think from one of the golden lounges as I generally always use slippers when in the shower and at home. I am very rarely walking about barefoot at home so pretty sure I got this from either the international or regional showers and it has been difficult to get rid of the fungal infection.

It's the little things as I said that make a big difference but the people in charge do not seem to know what these little things are in taking the business class lounge up a few notch's. Just simply decorating and beautifying a lounge is not the end all-be all of upgrading and improving.

And MH seem to forget this. I blame the people handling the golden lounge for this. They are out of their depth and should have been replaced along with the lounges.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by LA757
I have suggested many times they invest in shower slippers but they have ignored the 4-5 suggestions I have made over the past 3 years. I got a foot fungal infection I think from one of the golden lounges as I generally always use slippers when in the shower and at home. I am very rarely walking about barefoot at home so pretty sure I got this from either the international or regional showers and it has been difficult to get rid of the fungal infection.

It's the little things as I said that make a big difference but the people in charge do not seem to know what these little things are in taking the business class lounge up a few notch's. Just simply decorating and beautifying a lounge is not the end all-be all of upgrading and improving.

And MH seem to forget this. I blame the people handling the golden lounge for this. They are out of their depth and should have been replaced along with the lounges.
If slippers mattered so much to you and you already knew that MH won't be providing any, why would you not bring your own slippers?

Forgive my naivety, but I'm not too sure which airlines, if any, even offer shower slippers in their lounges?

Perhaps see a doctor if you're self-medicating that fungal infection, not a good combination with "hairy legs" I reckon for the neighbouring passenger.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by asheby
If slippers mattered so much to you and you already knew that MH won't be providing any, why would you not bring your own slippers?

Forgive my naivety, but I'm not too sure which airlines, if any, even offer shower slippers in their lounges?

Perhaps see a doctor if you're self-medicating that fungal infection, not a good combination with "hairy legs" I reckon for the neighbouring passenger.
It's almost imperative that a venue that offers public facilities not to mention a private venue for paying guests such as this and for such purposes as showers should be kept spotless and free from such hazards as fungal etc ... they may not supplybslippers but should provide a clean and hygienic environment .

I was at the regional a few days ago , the cleaners mop used to clean the shower stalls was the same one used to clean the other parts of the bathroom .

They need to relook the whole hygiene thing , not just in the bathrooms but in food section where the open foods don't have a cover and people just talk over it .
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Malaysia is the only country in the region moving backward as reflective of the airline and even the refurbished lounge.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ashkale
Malaysia is the only country in the region moving backward as reflective of the airline and even the refurbished lounge.
As much as I'd like to join you in criticizing MH , because they deserve it, your comment on Malaysia going backwards as only country in the region is nonsense. Definitely Thailand is running backwards, same can be said for Indonesia. I think Malaysia is developing slowly but definitely.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Instead of Malaysia bashing, can we please get back to the topic of the lounge?

Sounds like the regional lounge isn't worth a detour. What are our other OW options at the Satellite wing?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 7:23 pm
Suspended

CX only ..which might be capacity controlled if most shun the MH regional lounge.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:56 pm

Not sure why all the MH bashing. I get the feeling the expectation here was the refurbishment was meant as to rival the FRA LH FCT or something. Nothing will ever please some people.

No. It’s not like the al-safwa. No it’s not like the pier first. No it’s not like the SYD QF F. No, it’s not like the [insert whatever super luxe lounge you’re comparing it to] - but it is a decent effort and for the kind of fares they charge, it works well enough. Worth a visit ? Well it’s either that or the 1901 hot dog stand if you’ve got a G/H gate departure.
kt74, d00t, nldogbert and 8 others like this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:39 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Not sure why all the MH bashing. I get the feeling the expectation here was the refurbishment was meant as to rival the FRA LH FCT or something. Nothing will ever please some people.

No. It’s not like the al-safwa. No it’s not like the pier first. No it’s not like the SYD QF F. No, it’s not like the [insert whatever super luxe lounge you’re comparing it to] - but it is a decent effort and for the kind of fares they charge, it works well enough. Worth a visit ? Well it’s either that or the 1901 hot dog stand if you’ve got a G/H gate departure.
I guess everyone expected the ala Air France First lounge or the Private lounge @ LAX...

On a serious note, am a bit concern on the shower facilities...they could have kept it basic but clean/sanitary. If you look at the showers at the SilverKris lounges of SQ, they are simple but yet functional and clean. This should at least be the standard to keep if they don't want anything fancy.

Hope someone here that uses/visits/know some insider in MH will bring this message to them so that the on-going renovation at the satellite lounge will take this into account.

Cheers!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:45 am
Suspended

Jz a clean, simple and efficient lounge like CX KUL will do for regional flights.Not sure whats the need for the pseudo live station with unedible food options at the buffet. Lot of space not put to good use. and there is no excuse for dirty toilets, [removed by moderator]

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 18, 2017 at 8:50 am Reason: To comply with rule 12.2
Old Oct 18, 2017, 2:54 pm

With the marked increase in fares and the seriously reduced value of enrich points , I would at least expect something like the Bridge HKG or something along the lines of JL relatively new TYO Han lounge .

No one here I suspect is talking QF F etc .... you are being overly unrealistic .
Old Oct 18, 2017, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by bearbrick
With the marked increase in fares
For some perhaps. For Malaysians (who the lounge arguably primarily caters to) it's business as usual. Cue 400 dollar J fares to PER, 300 to DEL for example (in the present), 50 dollar one way J domestic fares (some 5-7 weeks ago)

and the seriously reduced value of enrich points , I would at least expect something like the Bridge HKG or something along the lines of JL relatively new TYO Han lounge .
Not sure what the link is between an FFP and lounge is - besides, no one is forced to Enrich. It may have been gutted, but the earn ratios crediting to most (if not all) other major OW FFPs remain unchanged since that event (for now).

No one here I suspect is talking QF F etc .... you are being overly unrealistic .
Fair enough - that was for emphasis. Even if i take down the rhetoric a notch, to the Bridge or HND lounge you speak of, I grant you this new MH regional refurbishment can't compete with the Bridge (not been to the HND one you mention), but then again, MH isn't charging CX money.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
IMHO the sentiment is that the Regional lounge was OK before the renovation. Hence closing it for a couple of months for an "Upgrade" hypes up our expectation.

I have yet to visit it, and from the pictures it looks nice ... but not really nicer than what it was before.

Still missing what MH used to offer before 2011 ... well stocked and self serviced alcohol, live station by Noodles (restaurant in KLIA) with table service and branded toilet amenities.

Can't really be that expensive to put those services back compared to a renovation right ?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:49 pm

For some perhaps. For Malaysians (who the lounge arguably primarily caters to) it's business as usual. Cue 400 dollar J fares to PER, 300 to DEL for example (in the present), 50 dollar one way J domestic fares (some 5-7 weeks ago)

Not sure what the link is between an FFP and lounge is - besides, no one is forced to Enrich. It may have been gutted, but the earn ratios crediting to most (if not all) other major OW FFPs remain unchanged since that event (for now).

Fair enough - that was for emphasis. Even if i take down the rhetoric a notch, to the Bridge or HND lounge you speak of, I grant you this new MH regional refurbishment can't compete with the Bridge (not been to the HND one you mention), but then again, MH isn't charging CX money.
Fares vary nowadays and one can get great deals during promo periods but this is in addition to the marked increase in the usual fares .
Earnings ratio on enrich is not the issue , it's the redeeming .

Irregardless of those points above , a " renovation" or update of such a premise should be more aspirational and generally better overall . Bridge , TYO are well well designed and thoughtfully planned . Not just about leather seats or molteni tables - CX and indeed JL prices can also be very good some times ...moreover with a business class ticket on MH I can also use these very lounge by CX ( not HND of course )

Re enrich , its relevant because as higher tiered members can gain entry .
We can't always be too general and those who are not eligible now would probably logically want to aspire to such status in future otherwise why bother to enrol .

MH needs ,if they are listening and have the wherewithal to do anything about it , genuine and objective input to improve.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
So is the regional lounge the only option while the satellite lounge is being renovated? Someone upthread mentioned a temporary lounge in the satellite, but I didn't see any details. If there is a temporary lounge, what's it like?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.