New FS hotel plans (up to 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New FS hotel plans (up to 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:59 am

FS VAIL

the FS website has started showing interior design for FS vail. slightly plain but looks nice. it is slated for 2010 opening.

By the way did FS drop plans for the grenada and barbados resort??
Old Oct 26, 2009, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by phantom862
the FS website has started showing interior design for FS vail. slightly plain but looks nice. it is slated for 2010 opening.

http://www.fourseasons.com/vail/
Old Nov 17, 2009, 2:08 pm
formerly Marwanie

Programs: BA Silver, MH Enrich Gold, BMI
Any news about FS Belize (or other central american properties)?
Old Nov 17, 2009, 3:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite

Too bad about the carribean, would have been a nice add for the market
Old Nov 17, 2009, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

someone posted an update on barbados...
Old Nov 18, 2009, 5:07 am

FS Vail

[QUOTE=phantom862;12706198]the FS website has started showing interior design for FS vail. slightly plain but looks nice. it is slated for 2010 opening.

FS Vail looks like a classic FS hotel (especially those bathrooms!), but with a few nice touches like the stone fireplaces. I also like the fact that most rooms/suites have balconies or terraces. The GM who opened and ran FS Chicago for years, Hans Willimann, is opening GM for Vail, so this bodes well for overall quality.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:00 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Looks like FS Hangzhou and Guangzhou are still on the plate:

Bahram Sepahi has been named Regional Vice President and General Manager at the Four Seasons Guangzhou, slated to open next summer. He was most recently the Regional Vice President and General Manager of the Four Seasons Golf Club, Dubai. He had previously served as Hotel Manager of the Four Seasons Washington, DC, and General Manager of the Four Seasons Riyadh.

Rudolf van Dijk has been named General Manager at the Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake. For the past two years, he had been the Hotel Manager at the Four Seasons Singapore after serving in a similar capacity at the Four Seasons Bangkok and the Four Seasons Shanghai.

Source: http://boutiquesearchfirm.com/newsle...ader.php?id=93

Edited to add:

Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake (China) scheduled to open in Q2 2010; the Four Seasons Resort Vail (opening summer 2010) and the Four Seasons Hotel Denver (opening Q3 2010) in the US; as well as the Four Seasons Hotel Marrakech (opening Q4 2010), which will be the group’s next venture, following Beirut.

http://www.albawaba.com/en/countries/Lebanon/257296

Last edited by luxury; Nov 19, 2009 at 4:48 pm Reason: Added some more info
Old Nov 19, 2009, 4:50 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
FS and Jumeirah in Brazil

FS has plans for three hotels in Brazil: Sao Paolo, Rio, and a beach resort in Alinio Azevedo.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aMUVcnDQ2VB4
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:26 am

[QUOTE=vuittonsofstyle;12839654]

FS Vail looks like a classic FS hotel (especially those bathrooms!), but with a few nice touches like the stone fireplaces. I also like the fact that most rooms/suites have balconies or terraces. The GM who opened and ran FS Chicago for years, Hans Willimann, is opening GM for Vail, so this bodes well for overall quality.
Is FS getting a little stale on these rooms? Seems like I would want a little more personal touch, depending on the location.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by luxury
Looks like FS Hangzhou and Guangzhou are still on the plate:

Bahram Sepahi has been named Regional Vice President and General Manager at the Four Seasons Guangzhou, slated to open next summer. He was most recently the Regional Vice President and General Manager of the Four Seasons Golf Club, Dubai. He had previously served as Hotel Manager of the Four Seasons Washington, DC, and General Manager of the Four Seasons Riyadh.

Rudolf van Dijk has been named General Manager at the Four Seasons Hangzhou at West Lake. For the past two years, he had been the Hotel Manager at the Four Seasons Singapore after serving in a similar capacity at the Four Seasons Bangkok and the Four Seasons Shanghai.

Source: http://boutiquesearchfirm.com/newsle...ader.php?id=93

Edited to add:

Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake (China) scheduled to open in Q2 2010; the Four Seasons Resort Vail (opening summer 2010) and the Four Seasons Hotel Denver (opening Q3 2010) in the US; as well as the Four Seasons Hotel Marrakech (opening Q4 2010), which will be the group’s next venture, following Beirut.

http://www.albawaba.com/en/countries/Lebanon/257296
Beijing is still in the works, correct? Interesting that they are still trying to get properties in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by luxury
FS has plans for three hotels in Brazil: Sao Paolo, Rio, and a beach resort in Alinio Azevedo.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aMUVcnDQ2VB4
Alinio Azevedo isn't a location , it is the name of the regional manager for south america

FS seems to be developing a resort for Umbria, Italy. Do a lot of tourists go there???
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:16 am
Aman Contributor Badge

FS seems to be developing a resort for Umbria, Italy. Do a lot of tourists go there???
Italy is great. Too many tourists go to Tuscany, Rome, Venice etc. Umbria is in my view far a more authentic Italian experience with great food and lots of charming cities and villages. I think it would be a great location for a FS!
Old Nov 30, 2009, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Musken
Italy is great. Too many tourists go to Tuscany, Rome, Venice etc. Umbria is in my view far a more authentic Italian experience with great food and lots of charming cities and villages. I think it would be a great location for a FS!
Umbria, IMHO, is a much nicer part of Italy than Tuscany, but since Palazzo Terranova was sold, there has been nowhere really good to stay. There has been talk of a FS Umbria for a couple of years or more, but nothing lately. I did hear they had found a nice palazzo, but I do not think that the deal went through.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes- it is very popular particularly for Italian, German, Swiss, and French- and for good reason- Umbria is very beautiful.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 6:12 am

Programs: British Airways Silver
I would be seriously excited at the prospect of a FS in Umbria - couldn't they please find something in the South of Italy too please? Italy has way too many ridiculously-priced hotels which offer poor standards of accommodation, whilst it is one of the loveliest countries to visit. FS: bring it on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.