Search

New FS hotel plans (up to 2012)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.fourseasons.com/beirut/

updated, taking reservations from jan 10, from $375/nt

Originally Posted by phantom862
By the way did FS drop plans for the grenada and barbados resort??
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
someone posted an update on barbados...
Originally Posted by BajanYankee
Government claims it's resurrecting Lazarus (aka #Barbados Four Seasons Hotel project) from the dead - http://shar.es/1y6w2 - wcmb btamb
In H1 2008...Cancellation of the capacity expansion project at the Four Seasons Langkawi in Malaysia
post bear stearns i guess.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 9, 2009 at 10:29 am
Old Dec 16, 2009, 12:11 pm
formerly Marwanie

Programs: BA Silver, MH Enrich Gold, BMI
Beirut only shows Deluxe Sea-view room as bookable on their site. Ideally want to book a suite for stay in April so I guess I'll have to contact the hotel directly.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 5:06 pm

Well if FS plans include crisis rescue plans, heres some news on FS Dublin : http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...261234884.html
Old Dec 25, 2009, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Marwanie
Beirut only shows Deluxe Sea-view room as bookable on their site. Ideally want to book a suite for stay in April so I guess I'll have to contact the hotel directly.
Don't forget that the weather only starts to get nice in May. It's really cold in Beirut now.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by paul2
Well if FS plans include crisis rescue plans, heres some news on FS Dublin : http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...261234884.html
I hope they resolve the situation and that hotel survives.

Mind you thats another article thats an example of the theorem that paper never refuses ink!
It says: "One informed source said occupancy has been as low as 40-50 per cent. The hotel has had to discount its prices to compete with other venues in the area, notably Seán Dunne’s D4 properties."

How on earth does a 4s compete with a group that sells rooms at between 39 and 59 euro's?
The customer bases will always be different.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Earthman
I hope they resolve the situation and that hotel survives.

Mind you thats another article thats an example of the theorem that paper never refuses ink!
It says: "One informed source said occupancy has been as low as 40-50 per cent. The hotel has had to discount its prices to compete with other venues in the area, notably Seán Dunne’s D4 properties."

How on earth does a 4s compete with a group that sells rooms at between 39 and 59 euro's?
The customer bases will always be different.
Indeed Earthman, I noticed the reference to the Sean Dunne properties (what a mess!). Hopefully that reference was just 'silly season' stuff!
Old Jan 16, 2010, 11:47 pm

Four seasons qingdao

A FS branded hotel has been confirmed for Qingdao, China . This is to be part of the Olympic Sailing Center. The foundation was laid on dec 22 ,2009.

http://www.shrelocation.com/Real_Est.../digest001.htm
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, UA 1K 2MM, CZ Gld, VS Gld, SPG Lifetime Plt, IC PltAm, Hilton Dmd, Shangrila Diamond
Is there a FS coming in Gurgaon, India? Some people have told me the big construction project near the Golf Course in Sector 42 will be a FS.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by ghfatw
Is there a FS coming in Gurgaon, India? Some people have told me the big construction project near the Golf Course in Sector 42 will be a FS.
This is true, but do we care? FS have yet to prove themselves in India. Taj and Oberoi continue to walk all over them.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
This is true, but do we care? FS have yet to prove themselves in India. Taj and Oberoi continue to walk all over them.
I for one care a bit. The Leela is a bit better than decent and then there is the Trident.

Guragon is a business travelers nightmare IMHO. Other than spending time with a few friends that I have that live there, the hotels are the only chance of having an enjoyable time. So the more the merrier...
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by DrivingRain
I for one care a bit. The Leela is a bit better than decent and then there is the Trident.

Guragon is a business travelers nightmare IMHO. Other than spending time with a few friends that I have that live there, the hotels are the only chance of having an enjoyable time. So the more the merrier...
Ah, well if you HAVE to be in Gurgaon, then yes, the more the merrier. I was just very underwhelmed by FS Mumbai, Worli, and as this is the same owners, I expect we will get more of the same. Could be OK for the odd dinner, though.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I thought it was a fairly good effort from FS for their first India property though it lacks Indian themes . From what i have heard they are doing good business and there is talk for a second hotel once they are finished with the pvt residences.

FS Mumbai is owned by Jatia family and they are in process of developing for FS Goa

FS Gurgaon is owned by DLF but they have stalled their project until the economy gets better.

Other FS:

FS Hyderabad by Emaar MGF
FS Bangalore by Goldman Sachs & Century real estate
FS Kerala by Emaar MGF
FS New Delhi (rumoured DLF)
FS Pune ( rumoured )

also resorts are on the table
Old Jan 20, 2010, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there is talk for a second hotel once they are finished with the pvt residences.

FS Mumbai is owned by Jatia family and they are in process of developing for FS Goa

FS Kerala by Emaar MGF
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:...&client=safari

claims only bangalore (goldman ETA, 4 acre plot, $150MM) is not suspended.

Responding to an email query sent to the Four Seasons Mumbai, the hotel spokesperson said, "The future developments for Four Seasons remain the same as before. In fact, the Mumbai hotel will have an additional tower in Phase 2, housing residential apartments, a gourmet restaurant, ballroom and high-end retail space. As for Goa, we are looking for a property but do not have any specific details yet."
are they selling or renting apts? wonder what min lease will be.

http://www.fourseasons.com/mumbai/me..._planning.html
mentions phase 2 meeting facilities
Old Jan 20, 2010, 6:07 pm

I thought it was a fairly good effort from FS for their first India property though it lacks Indian themes . From what i have heard they are doing good business and there is talk for a second hotel once they are finished with the pvt residences.

FS Gurgaon is owned by DLF but they have stalled their project until the economy gets better.

Other FS:

FS Kerala by Emaar MGF
FS New Delhi (rumoured DLF)
FS Pune ( rumoured )

also resorts are on the table
Thanks Phantom,very interesting.
How confident are you about the reliability of your sources and rumours?
It would be great if some of these hotels proceed.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by paul2
Thanks Phantom,very interesting.
How confident are you about the reliability of your sources and rumours?
It would be great if some of these hotels proceed.
Given their financial status, I doubt if DLF will proceed with FS Delhi, unless things suddenly improve drastically.

FS in India appear to be committed to the business sector rather than the leisure trade, which is a great pity as India could really do with a good beach resort. I know FS tried to do this some years ago, in partnership with Captain Nair in Goa (I was there just as FS were kicked out!), but as we all know, this was disastrous - not FS's fault, though.

FS have very tough competition in India as its indigenous hotel groups are so good. I think they are wrong to purse the business route as locals will be more inclined to gravitate to the excellent Tridents, Oberois, Taj and Leelas of business hotels, whereas International guests will see the FS name and jump at it - wrongly, IMHO, if it is a business hotel like Worli.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.