Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanresorts Thread 2015 (Started by Amanjunkie)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts Thread 2015 (Started by Amanjunkie)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I really don't get why they would remove the rates, yet make them available if you pick a date. Iniala did a similar thing this year with their new website, whereas others like North Island, Fregrate, Laucala make it easy to see. Why would you want to make it complex? Just provide the information as easy as possible, unless you feel you have something to hide.
its interesting aman removed ratecards for the properties with the new website reservation system once that system was available on the site, back in december

anyone besides agents been sent copies of ratecards ?
CEO was quoted in press mentioning new website coming

removed ratecards from website (aman ratecards available offline) >
- aman (after changed owner)
- FS
- pen (added back)
- MO (added back)
- rosewood (later changed owner)
- O&O
- GHM
- six senses (later changed owner)
- belmond (orient express)
- como - urban hotels, parrot cay, and some info on CSE site

giri >
8th nt free dec 2015 - feb 2016 (6 nts gets a via ferrata hike)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post24346909
they fixed "until" date in website reservations >
Standard Daily Rate Until 31 Mar 16 includes:
Full board for two
Guided group hikes daily
Complimentary group yoga class daily (morning)
Complimentary group mat-based strength and stretch class (afternoon)
latter are from opening, full board was added a while ago, both have remained

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 16, 2015 at 12:31 pm
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

doronin now owns 100% of aman, in news
IIRC amanat had 14% and zecha had 7%

https://twitter.com/Gallivanters/sta...23642718433280

Lyn Middlehurst @Gallivanters 10:04 AM - 17 Aug 2015
@DolphinCapital @LuxeTiffany Perhaps if @Amanresorts had the courtesy to send a Press Release, we would mention it, too. Heard I was banned!

Dolphin Capital ‏@DolphinCapital 4h4 hours ago
#Amanera resort is included in the “Top New Hotels” list of Forbes by luxury pros @luxetiffany http://www.forbes.com/sites/douggoll...op-new-hotels/
interesting

Jack Ezon, CEO, Ovation Vacations
Amanera...“Spacious, individual pavilions offer the utmost privacy, as the hotel opens with only 25 accommodations that will make guests feel like they are the only guests even at full occupancy.”
plus aman residences, funny residences never mentioned by travel industry

ex aman >

Getting his cowboy on, Ezon points to Blue Sky, set to open in late 2016. “It is a glamping experience with luxury yurts. Aside from being on 400 pristine acres, I am very excited because it has amazing access just 45 minutes from Salt Lake City and (will be) run by former Amangani General Manager Stuart Campbell,” he says.
also amanyara chef has left

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 17, 2015 at 1:35 pm
Old Aug 17, 2015, 5:02 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
What does the Gallivanters' tweet mean? Will she be unable to stay at Amans any more? If so, that is a great shame as she was a great resource about the properties.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 6:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
What does the Gallivanters' tweet mean? Will she be unable to stay at Amans any more? If so, that is a great shame as she was a great resource about the properties.
Weird...

But at the same time, I have a hard time believing Lyn/GG only report stuff they've had a press release on.

Amanera isn't exactly new news. Was she really waiting for a press release? Why not report with qualified info, as everyone on FT did?!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:09 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
It may be my high fever, but I'm on Aman's press list - I received their Amanera press release a while ago.

Edit: yea, in early and mid-July. I actually received their press release 4 times. Once from Aman, once from their UK PR agency, once from their China PR agency and once from Dolphin Capital.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by deathscar
It may be my high fever, but I'm on Aman's press list - I received their Amanera press release a while ago.

Edit: yea, in early and mid-July. I actually received their press release 4 times. Once from Aman, once from their UK PR agency, once from their China PR agency and once from Dolphin Capital.
Same here....and you're much more of a 'player' in the industry than I..

But you'd think that GG/Lyn would have seen SOMETHING on Amanera between then and now? I have a hard time buying that they only post/write about places they've had a press release on. Or is she that disconnected from the scene?

ps, feel better!
Old Aug 18, 2015, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Weird...

But at the same time, I have a hard time believing Lyn/GG only report stuff they've had a press release on.

Amanera isn't exactly new news. Was she really waiting for a press release? Why not report with qualified info, as everyone on FT did?!
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Same here....and you're much more of a 'player' in the industry than I..

But you'd think that GG/Lyn would have seen SOMETHING on Amanera between then and now? I have a hard time buying that they only post/write about places they've had a press release on. Or is she that disconnected from the scene?
gallivanters twitter >
jul 10 2015 - photos
jun 30 2015 - reservations
may 5 2015 - amanera
mar 2011 - 1st tweet on it
https://twitter.com/search?q=amanera...nters&src=typd
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Hi,

I was looking at staying at Amanzoe around mid-April but wasn't sure if it would be too cool at that time of year or whether some of the excursions would be more difficult to arrange, e.g. if certain areas are only open during the summer season. The beach club not being open is a downside but unfortunately it's the only time I can make it. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by jim739
Hi,

I was looking at staying at Amanzoe around mid-April but wasn't sure if it would be too cool at that time of year or whether some of the excursions would be more difficult to arrange, e.g. if certain areas are only open during the summer season. The beach club not being open is a downside but unfortunately it's the only time I can make it. Thanks in advance for any advice.
We were going to stay in mid-April last year, but changed it at the last minute as the weather was not so good. We then moved it to end of May instead. As I've linked to before, http://accuweather.com is a great website as it shows you historical data around that time of year. http://www.holiday-weather.com is also good, but not as accurate and detailed.

A lot of people see Greece as being warm all year around, but that just really isn't the reality. We've stayed in late May, early June, early September and early October. Every single time we've been there it has rained for some period of time and had bad days, by which I mean you'd want to wrap up during the evenings or sometimes even the day. In October we arrived and it was a beautiful day at around 26C, then dropped to around 15C for the rest of the time we were there. I've got some great photos of us on the beach, with no one else around, drinking hot chocolate and wrapped in lots of towels. The staff said that the weather was very unusual, and checking accuweather.com it did show you had to go back 6 months to find a worse period of weather.

If I were you, I would not go to Amanzoe in April.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
If I were you, I would not go to Amanzoe in April.
Thanks for the context, that really helps. Is June onwards when the weather will be more reliable or is July/August really the safest bet? Thanks again
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:50 am

May, June, July are perfect.
August may be a little hot.
Early September is great as the Sea is very warm.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:41 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

I was there in late May and thought the weather was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. It did rain at night, and one night the winds were so strong that they dumped a huge amount of sand into the pools at the beach club - which resulted in the beach club being closed for a couple of days.

I think this was an 'odd' occurrence for May.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:37 pm

The new website is online

https://www.aman.com

Completely revamped, featuring among other things the new logo, and new photos and updated room information
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:47 pm
formerly gohima

Originally Posted by kamel123

Completely revamped, featuring among other things the new logo, and new photos and updated room information
While an improvement, the last of the rate cards (for 'exclusives') just disappeared.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by kamel123

That must be the most overdue website redesign I've ever seen. Even though I'm not a fan of this lets-load-everything-onto-the-page-and-let-it-take-5-minutes-to-do-so like north-island.com, it is without a doubt a massive visual improvement over the last one. Finally I won't feel like I'm tricking my friends when I linked them to Aman and try to convince them to come on holiday with us, as previously it was like a cheap shop trying to sell luxury goods.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.