Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanresorts Thread 2015 (Started by Amanjunkie)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts Thread 2015 (Started by Amanjunkie)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by RodHK
I'm thinking to take AX Platinum just for enjoying the 4th night free at Amankila. However, if there is somebody who can check for me how much it would be for 4 nights (3 paid and one free) in mid september, it would be so nice? I cannot check since I have only a gold AX at this moment...
Did you receive this ?
Think similar one for Kila .
:-:
" Enjoy a relaxing three-night break at Amanusa including:

· * three meals daily (excluding alcoholic beverages)
· * complimentary airport transfers
· * a couple’s 120-minute Lulur spa treatment
· * an additional sunset Uluwatu temple tour for two per stay for guests staying in the Pool Suite

Journey until 30 September 2015.

* Best available rates are subject to 10% service charge and 11% government tax. Offer is valid for residents of Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. Proof of residency is required to guarantee reservation and upon check in .. "

Extensions can be arranged too but think only breakfasts included .

Best email them directly , Sandra W or Mark S
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:47 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I'm thinking to take AX Platinum just for enjoying the 4th night free at Amankila. However, if there is somebody who can check for me how much it would be for 4 nights (3 paid and one free) in mid september, it would be so nice? I cannot check since I have only a gold AX at this moment...
For sept 9-13
Garden suite is $800 USD per night,
Ocean suite is $1000 per night
Pool suite is $1300 per night
Kilasari suite is $1700 per night
Indrakila suite is $2200 per night
Amankila suite is $3200 per night

Note that these are the per night rate and the 4th night is taken off at checkout. Amenity is a 50 minute massage for two.

FDW
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
GUWonder, no limits on expensive accommodations at expensive hotels?
recall seeing citi prestige available in handful of asian countries, but not all
Here are the T&Cs at least for US Citi Prestige primary card holders:

INTERNATIONAL COMPLIMENTARY NIGHT HOTELS AND RESORTS PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You will enjoy a complimentary fourth night with no black-out dates, when you book four consecutive nights at any hotel booked by a personal travel advisor designated by MasterCard (the "designated travel advisor" is Carlson Wagonlit Travel). Bookings made through other methods such as, travel agents, websites or directly with a hotel will not qualify.

To receive your complimentary night (via a statement credit) you must:

* Make a reservation for a minimum, consecutive four-night stay by contacting the Citi Prestige Concierge, to book directly with a designated travel advisor
* Fully pay for your stay with a Citi Prestige Card

Receive one complimentary night (room rate for the fourth night and applicable taxes only) for any consecutive four-night hotel stay booked directly with a MasterCard designated travel advisor. Hotel imposed fees and incidental guest charges are the Cardmember's responsibility. The value of the complimentary night will be the actual rate, as provided by the designated travel advisor, on that fourth night of the reservation, even if the rate is different from the rate on other nights. Cardmember will be charged the total cost of the stay at checkout and will receive a credit to the credit card statement for the cost of the fourth night (and the applicable taxes). If the cardmember books a special "pre-paid" rate this may require upfront payment in full, at time of booking. Payment in full is defined as pre-payment for the total of all four consecutive nights. Only one complimentary night is eligible per each stay. A stay is consecutive nights booked and stayed on one reservation and does not include back-to back stays. Back-to back stays are stays at the same hotel booked on two reservations (as an example, you book four nights at a hotel on one reservation for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and book another four nights on another reservation for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. In this situation, you would only be eligible for one complimentary night for the 8 night stay). Rates provided will be equal to or lower than the lowest publicly-available fare at the hotel's official website. The benefit can only be used by the primary account cardholder.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

as discussed before, some of us think its a matter of time before it ends, if cardholders are booking very expensive accommodations.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 5:55 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Following to the "kids" discussion, my take is most Amans do a reasonably good job with kids on property, but all else equal, they'd rather not have any.

A family of four who are neighbors visited Giri last year. It took a lot of negotiating upfront to sort out bedding details...but then the hotel was quite accommodating once they arrived.

An upcoming stay I have booked at Tokyo in a top-category Aman Suite also took some finesse to sort out things for my kids.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:13 pm

Thank you so much for your help... My AX Platinum ordered already... LOL

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
For sept 9-13
Garden suite is $800 USD per night,
Ocean suite is $1000 per night
Pool suite is $1300 per night
Kilasari suite is $1700 per night
Indrakila suite is $2200 per night
Amankila suite is $3200 per night

Note that these are the per night rate and the 4th night is taken off at checkout. Amenity is a 50 minute massage for two.

FDW
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:21 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

You're welcome... though are you HK based? Does HK FHR have access to the same specials that the USA FHR?

FDW
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker
Following to the "kids" discussion, my take is most Amans do a reasonably good job with kids on property, but all else equal, they'd rather not have any.

A family of four who are neighbors visited Giri last year. It took a lot of negotiating upfront to sort out bedding details...but then the hotel was quite accommodating once they arrived.

An upcoming stay I have booked at Tokyo in a top-category Aman Suite also took some finesse to sort out things for my kids.
I am surprised that an Aman gave you a hard time sorting out the bedding. I have just finished stays at Jiwo, Kila and Nusa with my two kids and had no trouble whatsoever. In fact, Aman was the only hotel brand who didn't give me any trouble on extra beds. They didn't even charge me for them. The third person price doesn't apply to children under a certain age.

Even though mine were the only kids at each resort, the staff bent over backwards to do special things for them (like teaching them to make offerings, mask making etc.) I would say that Amans are incredibly child friendly!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:12 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Amanemu in Japan scheduled to open first quarter 2016 - www.amanemu.com.

Press release:

30th July, 2015: Aman is pleased to announce plans for a second property in Japan, following the successful launch of Aman Tokyo in December 2014. Amanemu will debut in the first quarter of 2016 in Ise Shima National Park in Honshu’s Mie Prefecture, central Japan. It will be the brand’s first hot spring resort.

Celebrating Japan’s ancient onsen (mineral hot spring) tradition in serene natural surrounds, Amanemu is perched on the shores of Ago Bay, known as the ‘Bay of Pearls’. It will present 24 suites and four two-bedroomed villas all of which have their own onsen, as well as an extensive Aman Spa, a lap pool, restaurant and lounge.

Situated in Shima, in Honshu’s Mie Prefecture, Amanemu lies approximately 300km southwest of Tokyo and is easily accessed via Japan’s high speed rail network. Nagoya is a scenic two hour train journey or 25-minute helicopter ride from the resort. Located in Ise Shima National Park, renowned as a culinary and cultural treasure trove, Shima will play host to the G7 Summit in 2016.

Embracing the full richness of the region, Amanemu, named after the Sanskrit word for ‘peace’ and nemu meaning ‘joy’ in Japanese, will adopt a classic Japanese aesthetic in the ryokan tradition to provide an exclusive sanctuary in harmony with its natural surroundings. Suites of elegant simplicity will flow onto spacious terraces with tranquil views of Ago Bay, its islands and pearl rafts floating on the calm sea. Each suite will have its own private onsen
facilities, while the Aman Spa will offer two expansive onsen bathing pavilions as well as a watsu pool, four treatment suites, a gym and yoga studio.

Amanemu, situated at the tip of the Osaki Peninsula, is surrounded by a complex saw-toothed coastline, in a region renowned for its rich nature, cultured pearls, abundant seafood, not to mention the acclaimed Matsusaka variety of Japanese Waygu. The resort’s restaurant, serving Japanese cuisine, will celebrate the area’s gourmet heritage of Miketsukuni (land of Imperial provisions), as it was once known as the breadbasket of the ancient Imperial Court.
“Following on from the opening of Aman Tokyo and continuing the Aman journey in Japan, we intend to create a true Aman experience that will provide our guests with the very best of Japan’s unique natural beauty, exquisite cuisine and omotenashi, the special spirit of hospitality” said Olivier Jolivet, CEO of Aman. “Amanemu is in an exceptional location and as per the Aman DNA will be harmoniously blended with its surroundings. This, our first onsen resort,
with its nutrient-rich hot springs, will offer an enriching holistic experience that is very much centred on wellness and tradition.”

Vladislav Doronin, Chairman of Aman, said “Amanemu will take the brand to 30 resorts worldwide and will complement Aman Tokyo by offering our guests the opportunity to discover the splendour of Japan, this time in a rural setting. With the design and concept inspired by Japan’s multifaceted culture, Amanemu will seamlessly fuse tradition with modernity, and its onsen facilities, a first for Aman, will further demonstrate our team’s continued commitment to
seek out and provide our guests with unrivalled experiences in captivating destinations.” In addition to exceptional nearby facilities that include an 18-hole championship golf course, Amanemu will offer bespoke Aman Journeys, seeking out the cultural nuances and finest experiences of the region, such as the UNESCO-protected pilgrimage routes of Kumano Kodō
and Ise-Jingū, Japan’s most sacred Shintō shrine.

For further information and reservation enquiries please visit: www.amanemu.com
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:15 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Get the Kilasari suite!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

moved

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 9, 2015 at 10:30 pm
Old Jul 30, 2015, 12:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kabukijuul
I am surprised that an Aman gave you a hard time sorting out the bedding. I have just finished stays at Jiwo, Kila and Nusa with my two kids and had no trouble whatsoever. In fact, Aman was the only hotel brand who didn't give me any trouble on extra beds. They didn't even charge me for them. The third person price doesn't apply to children under a certain age.

Even though mine were the only kids at each resort, the staff bent over backwards to do special things for them (like teaching them to make offerings, mask making etc.) I would say that Amans are incredibly child friendly!
I am, too. Sow was my friend on his Giri stay. Seems it all works out...just takes a bit more than it should to organise.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

under new ownership, first they removed ratecards (not just rates)
then they changed reservation system (at least calendar is good)

amangiri reservations say nothing about occupancy nor full board etc

seems amangiri HAS changed, and is no longer 2 adults 2 children
(very hard to find online, found one agency seems to quote policy)
can look up my posts and archive of ratecard to see when it was

only allowing 1 child is good in terms of avoiding 68 children maximum
and 1 per room isnt uncommon, including many FS including hualalai
but someone posted that there is only 1 connecting room at amangiri

http://www.lakepowelllife.com/amangi...-in-the-world/
At a recent business conference in Kanab, Utah, Amangiri reported resounding success. The hotel sports a 70% occupancy rate year-round. And it accounts for 20% of Kane County’s total tourism revenue and 10% of its total property tax base.
and theyre selling residences
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
under new ownership, first they removed ratecards
Removing the rates was particularly annoying. With the new system you may have picked dates where it's nearly full, so you cannot tell the difference in the room categories and work out if it's worth going. You also cannot see when they consider peak, so you can choose to go (nicer weather etc) or avoid due to the costs. I was using Web Archive for a while, but obviously it will be out of date soon, e.g. http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.ama...ulo/rates.aspx
Old Jul 30, 2015, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

at least one can get seasonal rates/ratecards from properties

i try to quote a lot when i notice things, and do summaries, etc

availability calendar is nice, but could show rates on calendar itself

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.