Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanresorts Thread 2015 (Started by Amanjunkie)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts Thread 2015 (Started by Amanjunkie)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:29 pm

Certainly a new look and did not disappoint with the visuals but the slow loading is frustrating and off putting .

The description ( of amankora) which has a category stating eg " atmosphere " in describing one of the resorts is going into Four seasons territory

Finally i notice (initial impressions) that the individual logos have gone .... All the names follow the same typeface and le melezin becomes aman le melezin .

For me this gives a less individual touch to Aman and most definately more corporate and uniform impression - yet again four seasons territory .
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:46 pm

Terrible on an iPad, and they definitely need to improve on their photography. Resolution is pitiful (only looked at Amangiri). In addition to the pages taking a long time to load.

Quite frankly, the old site worked better.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Terrible on an iPad, and they definitely need to improve on their photography. Resolution is pitiful (only looked at Amangiri). In addition to the pages taking a long time to load.

Quite frankly, the old site worked better.

Agree

With this new website , seems like more form & low in " substance " , can ' t get Ruya , Zoe , etc on list !!
Haven't bothered to get in . Taking ages

Think 2 previous ones were much more user friendly with helpful legible information & decent photos .

Pity . Aman needs to do much better !!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:51 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Maybe it's a matter of getting used to it - but I'd really gotten used to the simplicity of the old one.

It's nice to have more striking visuals as that really shows off Aman, but why the hell does every page take so long to load? I'm in Hong Kong - on one of the bleeding fastest internet connections known to mankind...

How painfully bad.

In terms of layout, again maybe it's just a matter of being used to the old one, but I'm finding this one quite clunky to work around.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:57 am

The new website should have been much better, not so easy to use, extremely slow, with quite small pictures and nothing special at all... I'm quite disappointed because I've expected little movies for each resort and the introduction of each GM because the rule of a GM for Aman is truly important... I hope Aman will upgrade this new website very soon.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

A lot of flash with little substance and the loading times too. That circle just keeps spinning round and round and I'm on Korean blazing fast mega giga internet.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 3:32 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

hate it... can't find anything I'm looking for... slow load times... and I keep seeing that word bespoke... hate that word...

FDW
Old Aug 20, 2015, 3:47 am

I think the website is a much needed upgrade, its a bit slow but I am sure this will improve over time.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 8:19 am

I'm undecided as yet - improved in some ways but s...l...o...w to load. I haven't quite worked out why the Amans are listed the way they are - seems a bit random to me, and the locations map is really inaccurate! I clicked on the one that should have been Amano'i and got Amansara instead, ho hum! Work in progress?

Last edited by spylaw4; Aug 20, 2015 at 8:26 am
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:43 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
any agents here booked the US FHR 4th night free? (or heard it booked)
Looks like 4th night free has come to Virtuoso as well...

Source
Old Aug 21, 2015, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Looks like 4th night free has come to Virtuoso as well...

Source
Yes, and it's been informally offered (on an exception basis, until the promos formalized) since day 1 of AX's offer.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:00 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
On another point, not that I had a problem with the old logo at all (really liked it in fact), but I'm realllly liking the new logo too.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

On my phone, the site looked slick and loaded better.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:14 am

I like the new logo, too, it is sad however that they discontinued the individual property logos and replaced them with one generic font. If they'll keep it on location remains to be seen but it's rather unfortunate, as some were very charming.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

moved

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 29, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.