Amalfi Coast Hotels, Italy: which one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amalfi Coast Hotels, Italy: which one?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: UA 1K
I think these pictures just cost me $10k. I'm not kidding. There's a famous quote from a famous individual about Positano.....something like it's one of those places you love when you're there but love even more when you're dreaming about it. Amalfi coast is exactly that for me. I'm so busy relaxing that I don't realize how enchanting and perfect everythig is until I return home.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:17 am
BLV

"Positano (Il San Pietro in my case) bites deep" (c) Steinbeck

That's exactly what happened on my first trip there 10 years ago. Been coming back ever since.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BLV
"Positano (Il San Pietro in my case) bites deep" (c) Steinbeck

That's exactly what happened on my first trip there 10 years ago. Been coming back ever since.
Yes! Steinbeck. "It is a dream place that isn’t quite real when you are there and becomes beckoningly real after you have gone"

For me, eating one of the best pizzas of my life while sitting on the lower deck of the Palazza Avino beach club and watching the world drift by over the water was possibly the most relaxing moment of my life. Ravello, sure, but I wrap all of it into the coast.....
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:09 pm
BLV

Also made a lunch stop (it's less than a 5 minute boat ride from Il San Pietro and I routinely paddle boarded there & back) at Villa Tre Ville. Gorgeous property, but for a one/two night stay only:

And why not some more ISP

View on hotel from Path of the Gods:

Last edited by BLV; Sep 10, 2016 at 7:13 am
Old Sep 8, 2016, 10:10 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

BLV, I'm so glad you let us travel vicariously with you. Take me traveling any day.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:12 am

Absolutely stunning photos - looks gorgeous there! Thanks for posting.

Btw - the size of your photos make the reply box minute - luckily I have predictive text! Viewing them in the thread - they are a perfect size. (And edited to say you won't see that now as my post has started a new page!)
Old Sep 9, 2016, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Dog and Mao in Villa Trevill - one I like
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BLV, how does villa tre ville handle nonguests these days?

always incredible photos!

anyone rented a villa in the area?

offerendum, "contemporary art" can get weird
(defining as after the end of "modern art" period)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 23, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Old Sep 9, 2016, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
offerendum, contemporary art can get weird
Really But if I judge correctly, it´s not really contemporary any more
Old Sep 10, 2016, 7:14 am
BLV

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
BLV, how does villa tre ville handle nonguests these days?
We were treated as if we were staying at the property. Were given an extensive tour (didn't ask to see rooms) after lunch. They sent a boat to pick/drop us off at the hotel.

Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Stayed at the San Pietro Hotel 30 years ago on my honeymoon and I'd like to go back (with the same wife!!!!) but they have no availability from June 25-July 15 for a 3 night stay. I've searched this thread and tried some of the other hotels listed but they also have no rooms during the high season. Does anyone have any recommendations? Any 3 day period during this time would be fine. I'd try Ravello or Praiano I guess. Looking to spend about $1000 or less per night. Like there to be a pool and/or near the water. Don't want it to be too noisy at night. I saw someone wrote about Casa Angelina. Thanks for any imput.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Just posted this and got an email today from the Eden Roc in Positano that I am confirmed for June 28 - July 1. Anyone have any thoughts on this property? I'm sure it is not a luxury hotel but I guess it will have to do.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP - 6 MM | Amex Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Diamond | IHG Spire Elite | Bonvoy Plat.
Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
slightly less useful but you must stop in capri, its a different place at night from the day and i feel you are missing out not choosing a night there- we like the capri palace and JK palace, both beautiful, if you are not good with heights go for the former as the taxi ride to the palace is hairy to say the least! Oh and watch your wallets, we had a taxi charge us double to get back to marina grande. the man insisted we pay at the start and then claimed we had not paid him at the start at the end... GGRRRR he had our cases in his boot so we were stuck with the double bill. Worth it tho, its a magical island

This is a GREAT thread. I'm doing my research for my first trip to the Amalfi Coast. I booked 2 nights at the Palazzo Avino in Ravello. 3 nights at the Il San Pietro di Positano and 2 nights at the Hotel Excelsior Parco on Capri.

Would any of you recommend staying in another hotel on Capri vs. the Hotel Excelsior Parco? If so, would appreciate hearing some recommendations for hotels on Capri.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:04 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by saint
If so, would appreciate hearing some recommendations for hotels on Capri.
JK Capri would be a first pick (but frequently unavailable for non-repeat guests)
Tiberio Palace has had a lot of great feedback this summer.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by sportsguymichael
Just posted this and got an email today from the Eden Roc in Positano that I am confirmed for June 28 - July 1. Anyone have any thoughts on this property? I'm sure it is not a luxury hotel but I guess it will have to do.
I just stayed at Eden Roc in May. Personally I think it's a great value. The rooms are slightly dated but very clean and all have a view of the ocean. Restaurant upstairs was worth a visit. The best part was the breakfast spread, and overall service was top notch as well. Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.