Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amalfi Coast Hotels, Italy: which one?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:50 am
BLV

Originally Posted by ABG
Palazzo Avino has a cute little "beach club" BLV... provides for somewhere to relax closer to the water while being able to return at the end of the date to those Ravello views
I'm not a fan of having to take a 10-15 minute ride up/down in order to get sea access, so to me that's a big minus. I am excited about staying at Santa Rosa this August!

Last edited by BLV; Jun 28, 2016 at 9:59 am
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:11 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Palazzo Avino has special Virtuoso rates though that are discounted from what is offered on the website - approximately 12.5% off, with all Virtuoso benefits applied. This at least applied just now when I was making a booking for a client there in August.

Last edited by chinmoylad; Jun 30, 2016 at 9:17 pm
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Palazzo Avino has special Virtuoso rates though that are discounted from what is offered on the website - approximately 12.5% off, with all Virtuoso benefits applied. This at least applied just now when I was making a booking for a client there in August.
I will say that the 10-15 minute van ride to the beach club was not appealing to me while I was here in the States. Seemed a bit too much. BUT....100%, completely and absolutely not an issue. First off, you are either staying in Ravello or trekking down to Amalfi and the rest of the coast. They have a perfectly excellent, three tiered pool with views at the resort itself. Many people choose to stay there. Second, the beach club is not simply lounge chairs and water. It is the most amazingly staffed, luxurious place we found on the coast.

We met dozens of people over our 5 nights at PA, and not one of them had anything negative to say about the beach club. Every single one of them loved it.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:49 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
I still love Santa Caterina hotel. It is an oasis in and of itself with resort like grounds. Their pool club area right on the water is great (although a bit smaller) but also has a dock so you can have a boat arrive/depart right there. Also, their Il Pino suite is one of the best in the area (no pics on the website, but my trip report has tons of detail). Finally, the GM and his staff treat you like family.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ray1022
I still love Santa Caterina hotel. It is an oasis in and of itself with resort like grounds. Their pool club area right on the water is great (although a bit smaller) but also has a dock so you can have a boat arrive/depart right there. Also, their Il Pino suite is one of the best in the area (no pics on the website, but my trip report has tons of detail). Finally, the GM and his staff treat you like family.
Stayed at Santa Caterina a few years back. Absolutely. Very "Italian" luxury, in that it's white tile, etc. Not overtly luxurious, but the facilities and the staff are about as perfect as you can get.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by gold23
Stayed at Santa Caterina a few years back. Absolutely. Very "Italian" luxury, in that it's white tile, etc. Not overtly luxurious, but the facilities and the staff are about as perfect as you can get.
Agree 100% gold23! Their Il Pino suite is very different than their other accomodations...not as rustic Italian, but much more modern, while still retaining Italian charm. My report link is below:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...tos-video.html
Old Sep 4, 2016, 2:57 pm
BLV

Back from the annual Positano trip with an additional 3 night stay at Monastero Santa Rosa, which I found to be excellent. If I had to do everything over again, the only thing I'd change is going for a suite, because standard rooms are extremely small. And I actually knew that they retained the size of actual nun's cells but for some reason didn't take into account the three weeks worth of luggage that made being in the room too cramped in. That aside, everything about the property is superb. 3 nights, however, is absolutely maximum I would recommend as there's literally nowhere to go for even a small walk as Conca isn't particularly picturesque and/or interesting.

Here are some visuals (Edit: Originals should have been bigger, no idea why images were resized after I submitted them. Right-click to view in original size):

Sunrise view on Amalfi from the room:

Last edited by BLV; Sep 4, 2016 at 3:03 pm
Old Sep 4, 2016, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Thanks for this pictures! Could do some laps in the pool now😉
Old Sep 4, 2016, 5:19 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by offerendum
Thanks for this pictures! Could do some laps in the pool now��
Photos are deceiving. You can't do laps in this pool, unfortunately. Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat's pool is much better suited for that
Old Sep 4, 2016, 5:31 pm
BLV

I don't like the fact that this forum began resizing photos (though understand that it's probably being done to prevent having to deal with scrolling left/right when someone attaches insanely large files, but something like 1200x800 should be allowed, imho).

I do, however, like updating this thread with photos of Il San Pietro

Old Sep 4, 2016, 10:50 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Stunning pictures, BLV. both day and night. You should do advertising shots for the properties because your pictures make me want to go now.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 11:08 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Stunning pictures, BLV. both day and night. You should do advertising shots for the properties because your pictures make me want to go now.
^^
Old Sep 5, 2016, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BLV
Photos are deceiving. You can't do laps in this pool, unfortunately. Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat's pool is much better suited for that
OK! It was more meant like splash around. I normally donīt "swim"
Old Sep 5, 2016, 1:00 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by offerendum
OK! It was more meant like splash around. I normally donīt "swim"
Ah well, for that it is perfect

SanDiego1K, thank you but I just think that some places are just literal point & shoots. But being in love with the place helps as well
Old Sep 5, 2016, 9:26 pm

Great pics and can understand why you go every year! How did service level compare at Monastero?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.