Amalfi Coast Hotels, Italy: which one?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amalfi Coast Hotels, Italy: which one?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by ABG
If budget does not permit the seaview then I council people to book whatever room works and enjoy the views from various public spaces all across the hotel. If you have other Belmond hotels in mind keep in mind the 500USD voucher they do for Bellini stays. Might take the sting out of costs a touch. The caruso pool does have amazing views, and they do have a beach club, albeit further away that the one Avino uses. I really like Palazzo Avino and they have some great new plans for 2024. Also, BLV, Sirenuse has some news in store for 2024 beach access, but still I know ISP is magic.

As for Capri, yes two nights way better than one. Maybe La Palma over JK. Taking your own boat from Capri to Positano with a lunch stop could be a very magical day.
La Palma looks pretty awesome and I like the beach club. Any thoughts between JK, La Palma, and Tiberio Palace? Definitely leaning more towards Capri after I keep looking at it.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 7:53 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by phant0m
La Palma looks pretty awesome and I like the beach club. Any thoughts between JK, La Palma, and Tiberio Palace? Definitely leaning more towards Capri after I keep looking at it.
La Palma is right in the heart of the pedestrian area. You'll be walking a lot from Tiberio Palace. JK is a taxi or their shuttle. La Palma wasn't perfect last summer, but I think 2024 they should shine!
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
La Palma is right in the heart of the pedestrian area. You'll be walking a lot from Tiberio Palace. JK is a taxi or their shuttle. La Palma wasn't perfect last summer, but I think 2024 they should shine!
Just booked La Palma. Came out almost $3k less than the two nights at Caruso which is easier for me to stomach lol. Plus I think Capri would be a bit more of what we're looking for since it's our first time in Almalfi.

Thanks!
ABG likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
Our stay at Caruso was after 3 nights at La Palma. We liked how different they were. If you've never been to Capri, then I recommend staying in town, and La Palma cannot be beat. Oetker did a beautiful job with it, and our stay was phenomenal. I asked them about opening right before summer and how the growing pains went, and they were very transparent that it was tough at first. Our stay was the very end of September and while the hotel was still sold out, you could tell they had gotten everything down.
Their beach club is small, but we appreciated how different it is from Fontelina and the others around the island (and that it's a "beach" you actually walk straight into the water from).
My biggest gripe with Capri is that food everywhere is just mediocre. We a had a couple of good meals - La Palma's Bianca was one of them - but overall it's overpriced and nothing memorable.
phant0m likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 3:34 pm
BLV

ABG, thanks but I almost never go into Positano and prefer looking at it from ISP or the boat. Not to mention no tennis court, which I use every morning 😬
Old Oct 18, 2023, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by BLV
ABG, thanks but I almost never go into Positano and prefer looking at it from ISP or the boat. Not to mention no tennis court, which I use every morning 😬
I too avoid Positano, but actually there is one of the most scenic courts you'll see anywhere located less than a 10-minute walk from Le Sirenuse (up hill both ways, because Positano... Lol). Tennis al Settimo Piano. It's set in the valley and you play with the cliffs seemingly hanging over you and the sea in the background. Public courts, but very easy to book and really cheap.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 12:33 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by BLV
No doubt, but the rumour mill is that the beach issue you mention should solve itself for 2024 at Sirenuse. Have you played Tennis at Il Pellicano?
Old Oct 18, 2023, 4:26 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by ABG
No doubt, but the rumour mill is that the beach issue you mention should solve itself for 2024 at Sirenuse. Have you played Tennis at Il Pellicano?
I’ve stayed there in 2011 and the court surface was awful - carpet with lots of dead spots. I like the view of the courts at Villa d’Este, along with the soundtrack of occasional church bells, but not a fan of clay, so ISP, with its lightning fast surface and everything else that comes with it is my forever #1.

pstm91 - see above 😬

Nothing beats this for me:

SanDiego1K and obscure2k like this.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BLV
I’ve stayed there in 2011 and the court surface was awful - carpet with lots of dead spots. I like the view of the courts at Villa d’Este, along with the soundtrack of occasional church bells, but not a fan of clay, so ISP, with its lightning fast surface and everything else that comes with it is my forever #1.
They told me it's a real grass court. Well, I have to do a closer look as so far I couldn't see real grass.
Old Oct 18, 2023, 4:33 pm
BLV

offerendum - in 2011 it had carpet (with possibly some grass patches?). Perhaps they’ve changed things since then?
Old Oct 19, 2023, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BLV
offerendum - in 2011 it had carpet (with possibly some grass patches?). Perhaps they’ve changed things since then?
Definitely a carpet in grass optic or better plastic grass.

Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by BLV

pstm91 - see above 😬

Nothing beats this for me:

Ah no! That's too bad to hear. A friend (and former tour player) is who told me about it, so that's a bummer but I appreciate the insight! Nothing worse than carpet/synthetic. Have never stayed at ISP but may have to on my next visit in order to play there. Looks epic.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 10:02 am
BLV

ISP is an architectural wonder and for anyone who’s a tennis fan, even more so.

Now that place most definitely IS a bucket list property.
ABG likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 9:46 am

We are thinking of going in mid April 2024. Will it be too cold?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Planning to go late summer / early fall with family (including a 1.5yo). Best option for families? I always liked the Caruso but not sure if other properties are better for toddlers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.