Search

Amalfi Coast Hotels, Italy: which one?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2023, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by livefromtuscany
difficult. There is no real luxury in the city. I would probably stay at Grand Hotel Parker’s.
What's about the Romeo?
Old Jul 3, 2023, 3:56 pm

LOVE Le Siraneuse

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Love La Siraneuse. I would stay at the Caruso in Ravello.
100%
cornwall4000 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 4:21 pm

Programs: all of 'em.
Originally Posted by wrenwu
100%
80 billion percent agreement with both of these.
Sirenuse and Caruso two of the dreamiest hotels on the planet.
ISP and Caterena also great.
Love Caruso's neighbor Avino as well, but the former's just got a magic....

Naples...... dunno.
smichelm likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 5:07 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by wrenwu
100%
Welcome to Flyertalk wrenwu
cornwall4000 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 12:32 pm

Looking towards May 24. I'm thinking train from Rome straight to the ferry port, take a boat to Capri for 2 nights and then go to Postiano for 3 nights. After that straight to Naples to fly home. Does that sound like enough time?
Old Oct 11, 2023, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Looking towards May 24. I'm thinking train from Rome straight to the ferry port, take a boat to Capri for 2 nights and then go to Postiano for 3 nights. After that straight to Naples to fly home. Does that sound like enough time?
Ended up planning 1 night in Capri and then 4 nights at Le Sirenuse. Probably the most expensive hotel I've booked not counting ski trips. More expensive than any Aman I've stayed at...
Old Oct 12, 2023, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by cornwall4000
80 billion percent agreement with both of these.
Sirenuse and Caruso two of the dreamiest hotels on the planet.
ISP and Caterena also great.
Love Caruso's neighbor Avino as well, but the former's just got a magic....

Naples...... dunno.
Agree with this. We just had a 3 night stay at Caruso and "dreamy" is a perfect adjective. The main differences I noticed between it and Palazzo Avino are 1) you cannot beat Caruso's pool. Avino's is set lower and still has a view, but it pales in comparison to the Caruso's, and Caruso's also seemed to be larger. Plus the gardens surrounding it are much nicer. 2) Caruso is up ever so slightly higher and offers 360 degree views, whereas Avino only looks out over the coast. 3) We thought service at Caruso was more refined, especially at the main restaurant, Belvedere. 4) overall, we found Caruso's property and aesthetics to be nicer - it's public areas are set up as gardens, whereas Avino's are utilized for sun lounges and event spaces. Caruso uses their gardens as event spaces, so they're a bit smaller, but they're beautiful. If you have a very large party, like a wedding we saw our first night, then Avino is probably better.
It was a flawless stay at Caruso and they really went above and beyond for us in every way.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 9:28 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Ended up planning 1 night in Capri and then 4 nights at Le Sirenuse. Probably the most expensive hotel I've booked not counting ski trips. More expensive than any Aman I've stayed at...
Flying to Rome, driving to Naples to then ferry to Capri for one night seems like a real milk run to me.... and 1 night isn't really enough.
Can you consider breaking up into 2 nights Capri (or another location like Ravello perhaps) and then 3 at Sirenuse?
Nizar likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by ABG
Flying to Rome, driving to Naples to then ferry to Capri for one night seems like a real milk run to me.... and 1 night isn't really enough.
Can you consider breaking up into 2 nights Capri (or another location like Ravello perhaps) and then 3 at Sirenuse?
I'll be in Rome and taking a train down to Naples/ferry. Originally was going to do 2 nights in Capri but credit card is giving me 4th night free at Le Sirenuse and almost $3k saved is a bit much to give up lol.

Should I do 1 night at Ravello instead?
Old Oct 13, 2023, 8:49 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Should I do 1 night at Ravello instead?
I mean you'll be able to soak in a little more of the village of Ravello than trying to squeeze in the island of Capri into a one night stay.
Old Oct 13, 2023, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by ABG
I mean you'll be able to soak in a little more of the village of Ravello than trying to squeeze in the island of Capri into a one night stay.
Hm. Thinking of cutting my Rome stay by a day, doing two nights at Caruso and then ending with 4 nights at Le Sirenuse.

Is the "Deluxe Junior Suite with Sea View and Balcony" worth the extra money over the Double Garden or the Double Deluxe Sea View?

Side question, would I be better off doing two nights in Capri instead of Caruso Ravello? Basically is Caruso a bucket list hotel cause at this point its $4-7k for two nights and I at least want to make sure its worth it lol.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 9:06 am
BLV

I would never call Caruso a bucket list hotel.

I see you’re going in May and I usually go in May as well as later in the summer (actually, here as I type) and I’ve always swam in May, even if some years are warmer than others. If being in the sea is important - I would think twice about Sirenuse, unless you don’t mind the public beach. Same for any other place in Ravello. Unless it’s Avino, who have their own beach club, but then you are spending at least 15 mins to get up & down.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by BLV
I would never call Caruso a bucket list hotel.

I see you’re going in May and I usually go in May as well as later in the summer (actually, here as I type) and I’ve always swam in May, even if some years are warmer than others. If being in the sea is important - I would think twice about Sirenuse, unless you don’t mind the public beach. Same for any other place in Ravello. Unless it’s Avino, who have their own beach club, but then you are spending at least 15 mins to get up & down.
I think I may swap Caruso for JK Place Capri. I don’t care for the swimming but I do want to do some private boat rides and the scenery. If Caruso isn’t a bucket list place I’d rather not spend $3k a night on it.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 8:43 pm

Programs: all of 'em.
Sirenuse and Caruso were both bucket list for me. Both lived up to the anticipation.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:40 pm
ABG

Is the "Deluxe Junior Suite with Sea View and Balcony" worth the extra money over the Double Garden or the Double Deluxe Sea View?
Side question, would I be better off doing two nights in Capri instead of Caruso Ravello? Basically is Caruso a bucket list hotel cause at this point its $4-7k for two nights and I at least want to make sure its worth it lol.
If budget does not permit the seaview then I council people to book whatever room works and enjoy the views from various public spaces all across the hotel. If you have other Belmond hotels in mind keep in mind the 500USD voucher they do for Bellini stays. Might take the sting out of costs a touch. The caruso pool does have amazing views, and they do have a beach club, albeit further away that the one Avino uses. I really like Palazzo Avino and they have some great new plans for 2024. Also, BLV, Sirenuse has some news in store for 2024 beach access, but still I know ISP is magic.

As for Capri, yes two nights way better than one. Maybe La Palma over JK. Taking your own boat from Capri to Positano with a lunch stop could be a very magical day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.