Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2007, 7:48 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Yep. Nothing special at all.

I fly into FRA from AMM with 3 hour plus layover. Never so happy to have a layover.

? Who would I get to take me over to the FCT at FRA? Is there a LH service desk secure side at FRA or possibly the "transfer" desk LH?

I keep checking. And checking.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by UNITED959
You can't use the FCL nor FCT based on your UA F ticket
Ticket has nothing to do with it. I used the FCT on a BA ticket.

, they're only for LH-metal flights.
Right...

If your FRA-Amman clears into F, then I believe you can use the FCL/FCT.
Yes, O class (be it award or upgrade) gives FCT/FCT access.

In that case, your LH C friend may join you only if he's on the same flight as you.
Right.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Who would I get to take me over to the FCT at FRA? Is there a LH service desk secure side at FRA or possibly the "transfer" desk LH?
Go to the First Class check-in area (outside security). Ask one of the desk agents to call the van. Usually takes only 5-10 minutes. There's a little waiting area right there.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Go to the First Class check-in area (outside security). Ask one of the desk agents to call the van. Usually takes only 5-10 minutes. There's a little waiting area right there.
With a water cooler!

You can also walk if you don't have much luggage. If the weather is nice, I prefer it to the van.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qasr
You can also walk if you don't have much luggage. If the weather is nice, I prefer it to the van.
I've tried walking, but I've been unsuccessful in finding a sidewalk. Do you just hike it on the motorway?
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:52 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I've done the van before. So there is no contact/transfer point from the secure side since I will be coming in that morning from AMM?
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've done the van before. So there is no contact/transfer point from the secure side since I will be coming in that morning from AMM?
AFAIK, no. Although perhaps the Miles & More forum would be a better place to ask these questions.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:56 am
Suspended

This all depends on time. They won't take you to the FCT if there's less than 1.5 hours between flights.
The BJ is never refused.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:57 am
Suspended

This is the one dumb thing LH does. By the fact you have to go landside to get to the FCT, one can tell they really designed it for O&D pax.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:58 am
Suspended

None. Just go to the FCL. The FCT is great, but after dozens of times...
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
This is the one dumb thing LH does. By the fact you have to go landside to get to the FCT, one can tell they really designed it for O&D pax.
Agree. It seems to me w/ all those limos floating around, it'd be very easy to pick up pax from the main terminal and drop them off at the FCT w/o having to leave security.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:00 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

AFAIK, no. Although perhaps the Miles & More forum would be a better place to ask these questions.
Agreed.

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:04 am
Suspended

Agree. It seems to me w/ all those limos floating around, it'd be very easy to pick up pax from the main terminal and drop them off at the FCT w/o having to leave security.
Disagree. There is a shortage. I have a friend who always gets the :van: at the FCT going to the plane. It's silly to go to the FCT of just transiting FRA. Just go to the FCL.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've tried walking, but I've been unsuccessful in finding a sidewalk. Do you just hike it on the motorway?
No, you walk through the garage where you usually pick up the van... and the rest is a secret.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They actually have a shortage of limo's at the moment, the restriction is placed on LH by Fraport. From what I hear though, the limit will soon be increased with the intention of picking up connecting F pax and taking them to the FCT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.