Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:36 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by magellan01
So - the truth is elusive in this case.
Another reason to frequent this forum (and read the posts). We know how it works. ^
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:41 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Disagree. There is a shortage. I have a friend who always gets the :van: at the FCT going to the plane. It's silly to go to the FCT of just transiting FRA. Just go to the FCL.
Not necessarily. Earlier in the year I had a short connection and long traipse from end A pier to other end B with immigration & security in between. In that case it was better for me to go straight to FCT, and grab a quick shower before boarding. The drive out to a/c and late boarding gave me the few minutes needed for a shower.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:44 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I've done the van before. So there is no contact/transfer point from the secure side since I will be coming in that morning from AMM?
Only if you pre-arrange it (or if HON and your inbound flight is running late). M&M arranged it for me when I went to ZRH Do a couple of months ago. Other than having someone to talk to and carry a bag, it doesn't help any IMHO. It didn't make the walk down the pier any shorter, or the wait at immigration any quicker (was no queue and through in seconds with or without the assistance). In fact probably took longer to get to FCT as he insisted I get driven across when I normally would walk.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:45 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by UNITED959
I've tried walking, but I've been unsuccessful in finding a sidewalk. Do you just hike it on the motorway?
Yes, or take the footpath on the lower level.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:48 am
hch

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Disagree. There is a shortage. I have a friend who always gets the :van: at the FCT going to the plane. It's silly to go to the FCT of just transiting FRA. Just go to the FCL.
Depends on where you're connecting to. E.g. when connecting to a US or UK-bound flight it always makes sense to go to the FCT. For me it also makes a lot of sense to go there for the flights to INN because the walk to the FCT is shorter the walk from the schengen SEN lounge at A26 to the B10-13 gates. Nevermind the walk to that lounge which can be quite a bit aswell.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:49 am

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
I emailed LH customer care, and I specifically asked them to confirm word for word if arriving in F and connecting to C intra-Europe gives me FCT access.
They replied with a general response I guess... here's their reply:

Dear Mr. LAX21,

Thank you for contacting the Lufthansa Internet Service Center.

Customers who present an international First Class or Business Class boarding card departing same day on any Star Alliance operated flight have access to any Star Alliance First Class or Business Class Lounge, regardless of the Star Alliance carrier they Fly. They are not entitled to bring guests.

Should you request more information on Lounges please go online to Lufthansa-usa.com -> Information and Service -> At the Airport -> Lufthansa Lounges -> Lounge Information.

We look forward to serving you online and in flight. Thank you for choosing Lufthansa.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by LAX21
I emailed LH customer care, and I specifically asked them to confirm word for word if arriving in F and connecting to C intra-Europe gives me FCT access.
They replied with a general response I guess... here's their reply:
thats is definitely totall c***. i cant believe that LH even dares to send you this as an answer, its plain wrong from the "regardless of carrier they fly" to "not entitled to bring a guest"...
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:00 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
So. Given my transit time I should go outside the secure side and take the van to the FCT?
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
? I am into FRA on UA in F using points. Out on LH in F. Upon arrival into FRA we have a long layover before flying onto Amman on LH in C. Can I use the LH F Lounge at FRA? Better yet can I use the LH F terminal? I am a 1k. Would my friend beable to enter the Lounge with me as my guest? I've been trying to get on LH in F but it is not available. Any other pointers appreciated. Thanks.
If I understand you right, you will arrive on UA metal. If so and your flight to AMM is in C you have NO ACCESS to FCL/FCT (just the designated *A First lounges, which are the LH SEN lounges at FRA).

If you arrive on LH metal in F you are entitled to use the FCLs. It is currently unclear, if you are entitled to visit the FCT if your AMM flight is in C. Reports say, this is no longer possible.

Another wrong thing mentioned here: There has never been a pickup for arriving pax to the FCT. As of Nov 1 they introduced a limo/van pickup for HONs, if arriving on an outer position. But this pickup brings the pax to either A or B bus arrival entrance. Currently their is no way at FRA to bring a pax to the FCT/FCL, due to security restrictions given by FRAPORT.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Talking

Originally Posted by UNITED959
If your FRA-Amman clears into F,...
FRA-AMM...

First Class...

Hmmm...

Good luck!
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:28 am
hch

So. Given my transit time I should go outside the secure side and take the van to the FCT?
For a three hour layover I would recommend to visit the FCT. Personally I would just walk over, but if you don't like that or the weather sucks badly call for the van.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
If your AMM flight clears for F
not gonna happen
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:32 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by andre1970
not gonna happen
You were to fast for me, obviously this can't happen and I corrected it within a few seconds. But you grapped my wrong text part in between.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
You were to fast for me, obviously this can't happen and I corrected it within a few seconds. But you grapped my wrong text part in between.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:21 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Sorry if discussed earlier. Can I get some detailed walking directions to the FCT? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.