Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2007, 2:58 am

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
How long in advance should Kempinski day rooms be reserved? (Connecting in MUC, arriving LH F in the morning, ~4 hours layover). Is it ok to no show if I decide I'd rather stay in the FCL instead? (My plan is to take a nap at the Kempinski if I haven't slept much in the plane, but otherwise the FCL/SEN lounges will do just fine).
Old Aug 5, 2007, 9:29 am

FRA FCL - is guest on different metal admitted ???

Sorry if I have not found the appropiate thread, but this is my question.

I am confirmed in O (F award) LH FRA to SIN. My wife is confirmed in J SQ FRA to SIN (Biz J paid) on SQ metal (who would pay LH Biz if SQ Biz on 77W was available with almost the same schedule +/- 5 mins. ?).

May I bring her into a LH FCL (I know the FCT is out of reach) or does trouble loom ?

Thanks in advance for all your advice.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 9:34 am

Access to FRA FCT arriving LH F, but connecting to LH Economy Flight Domestic Germany

Question 2 which I did not dare to put together with my previous post.

I will hold a (upgraded) LH F Boarding Pass (booking class O, again - sorry) and buy a separate German domestic Economy ticket (not AiRRail, but a real LH operated flight).

Will that allow me to use the FCT or will I be confined to any of the FCLs ?

Thank you for your inputs.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by juan516
Question 2 which I did not dare to put together with my previous post.

I will hold a (upgraded) LH F Boarding Pass (booking class O, again - sorry) and buy a separate German domestic Economy ticket (not AiRRail, but a real LH operated flight).

Will that allow me to use the FCT or will I be confined to any of the FCLs ?

Thank you for your inputs.
Assuming you arrive in F (O) in FRA and continue on a seperate ticket on LH Eco: YES, you may use the FCT
Old Aug 6, 2007, 1:08 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by Where2next?
I've tried to search for my answer but couldn't find anything on this- apologies if I missed it.

My son and I are flying on an O ticket from Germany to IAD.
DUS-FRA-MUC in C on one day, overnighting in MUC, then flying MUC-IAD in F.

Would like to show my son the FCT, but since we are only in C on the European legs and won't get our F boarding pass until the next day, I didn't know if this is permitted. Thanks in advance.
How about overnighting in FRA, than have breakfast at the FCT, fly into MUC and continue from there to IAD?
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:58 am

Maximizing FCT / FCL experience

We are planning a trip to the middle east as F class award flight on LH (O class) and would like to enjoy the LH F ground product to a maximum extent (since LH's inlight F product is far behind standards right now ).

The flight will be from MUC via FRA to TLV and the departue of the TLV flight from FRA will be at around 10 am. The return flight from TLV will arrive in FRA at approx 8 pm.
Our plan is to have the flight from MUC to FRA already on the evening before. We can then have a nice dinner at the new FCL in MUC, spend the night at a hotel in FRA and use the FCT in FRA next morning.
On the return it would then just be the other way round, i.e. use the FCL in FRA after our arrival from TLV in the evening for dinner, spend the night in FRA again and use the FCT for our flight FRA - MUC next morning.

Is this possible?

Can we use the new FCL in MUC with our next day's F bording pass, which we should receive in MUC already? Should we check the luggage already through to TLV or pick it up in FRA and check it in again next morning? The really critical question is, if we can use the FCT on our FRA - MUC flight the next morning with a F boarding pass of the previous evening? (it is not a stop-over because the time between flights is less than 24 hrs)

You expert comments or other recommendations would be most welcome.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by mtresc
We are planning a trip to the middle east as F class award flight on LH (O class) and would like to enjoy the LH F ground product to a maximum extent ...
Sure, the FCL opens at 5:45am. If you stand there with your luggage no later than 5:30am you should be the first one to enter and can start maximizing your extent even at curbside.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Sure, the FCL opens at 5:45am. If you stand there with your luggage no later than 5:30am you should be the first one to enter and can start maximizing your extent even at curbside.
Good idea ^ , allthough one more reason to fly to FRA already the evening before is that we would have to get up at around 4 am in order to arrive at MUC airport at 6 am .

But seriously, does anyone know, if it is possible to enter the FCL / FCT with a previous days's or next day's F bording pass when being on a connecting flight.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 1:02 pm

We are planning a trip to the middle east as F class award flight on LH (O class) and would like to enjoy the LH F ground product to a maximum extent (since LH's inlight F product is far behind standards right now ).
how do come to this conclusion? the seat might not be the up to date pod/suite style, but LHs F service is definitely better than most other carriers.

Our plan is to have the flight from MUC to FRA already on the evening before. We can then have a nice dinner at the new FCL in MUC, spend the night at a hotel in FRA and use the FCT in FRA next morning.
you cant use the FCL in MUC because you need a same day F BP, which you wont have.

On the return it would then just be the other way round, i.e. use the FCL in FRA after our arrival from TLV in the evening for dinner, spend the night in FRA again and use the FCT for our flight FRA - MUC next morning.
same thing again, no same day BP, no FCT access.

making this trip two days longer than it needs to be just to use the FCL in MUC and the FCT in FRA doesnt make much sense to me.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 2:59 pm

Is this possible?
....You expert comments or other recommendations would be most welcome.
With all respect - assuming you are serious about your Q - then why waste money on two hotel stays - meaning one each way - rather than using the same dosh to take your wife for a nice meal locally in your home vincinity and then get a more direct journey - as there is no way that the FCT / FCL can compensate the reduction in hassle for your better half whilst travelling.

Just MHO...

Cheers

Thomas
Old Aug 16, 2007, 3:00 am

Thank you for your comments and I mainly agree with your opinions. I admit that my post was a little too subtle.

In fact, as I explained already, there are more reasons to take an evening flight the day before (besides maximising FTL / FCT usage ), one of them is avoiding to get up very, very early in the morning for our ex-MUC flight. I is more likely to do it that way on the outbound trip than to spend another night in FRA on the return.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:34 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thank you for your comments and I mainly agree with your opinions. I admit that my post was a little too subtle.

In fact, as I explained already, there are more reasons to take an evening flight the day before (besides maximising FTL / FCT usage ), one of them is avoiding to get up very, very early in the morning for our ex-MUC flight. I is more likely to do it that way on the outbound trip than to spend another night in FRA on the return.
Try the sleep and fly option at the MUC Kempinski. 99EUR for the night and 3 days parking in P26 plus a light breakfast in the cafe 5.30 till 8.30am. You have to show a ticket for a flight that leaves before 10am the next morning. if you book early enough its available. ^
Old Aug 20, 2007, 8:00 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Try the sleep and fly option at the MUC Kempinski. 99EUR for the night and 3 days parking in P26 plus a light breakfast in the cafe 5.30 till 8.30am. You have to show a ticket for a flight that leaves before 10am the next morning. if you book early enough its available. ^
It is very restricted and I don't know what they mean exactly with Urlaubsreise.

"Buchbar am Freitag, Samstag und Sonntag auf Anfrage und Verfügbarkeit und nur in Verbindung mit einer Urlaubsreise. Die Unterlagen werden bei Anreise überprüft. Preis pro Zimmer und Nacht."

Anyway, not available for me as I transit throuh MUC during Oktoberfest.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 3:19 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by LH431
It is very restricted and I don't know what they mean exactly with Urlaubsreise.

"Buchbar am Freitag, Samstag und Sonntag auf Anfrage und Verfügbarkeit und nur in Verbindung mit einer Urlaubsreise. Die Unterlagen werden bei Anreise überprüft. Preis pro Zimmer und Nacht."

Anyway, not available for me as I transit throuh MUC during Oktoberfest.
I usually do DTW-FRA-MUC-FRA-DTW. The night before the MUC-FRA I usually book the 99EUR offer at the Kempinski. They ask you for proof that you are flying the next morning. A printout of your etix usually does the trick. The reception treat you like a strange person, but hey 99 is much lower than 200 something.

Another option is Haus Gutenberg. They don't change their rates during Oktoberfest.
http://www.haus-zum-gutenberg.de/
Book early though.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
FRA FCT/FCL Question-Please Help

I am travelling on LH 451 from LAX-FRA, in first (on an award ticket).

I arrive at 14:15, and I am then in C (also on an award ticket) on LX 1075 to ZRH, leaving at 18:00.

I have searched, and I know there are many lounge threads, but I have not found the answer to these questions.

1) Am I entitled to use the FCT, and if so, exactly what do I do to do so.

2) If not, what lounge should I use, assuming I do not want to go through customs and immigration and then back through security again.

Thank you very much in advance, and sorry if this is posted elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.