Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:24 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The wireless system is down in the FCT. We were told it has been down since Thursday, and is unlikely to get repaired before Monday.
Ah, another LH IT problem !!!
Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:27 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by alex0683de
As long as you have a same-day (or previous day, for overnight flights) F boarding pass for a flight ticketed on and operated by either LH or LX, you can access the FCT before a connecting flight even if you did not fly into FRA itself in F.
But if you fly in on LH F, out on AA in F, I gather this is not permitted - not that I am actively trying to get into the FCT!

I am perfectly content with the SEN/F lounges at FRA...not the ones in A, however - they are too small and fill up fast!

PS: Why is it that AA has their desks in the same area (T2) as LH/*A carriers?? Some relationship betwen LH and AA there??

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Jun 30, 2007 at 12:17 pm Reason: Added AA inquiry..
Old Jun 30, 2007, 12:09 pm
hch

Originally Posted by Schwimmbeck
My point was the FCT is a one stop shop (check-in, security and passport) and that is its biggest advantage (at least for me) as compared to the Hon lounges within the terminal than you can only reach after you pass security (twice for US bound flights) and passport and visa control. There are no Hon lines for these check-points and by the time you made it through there is usually no more time for the Hon lounge for the US bound flights.
That's not really accurate for the FCL in A. If you start your journey in FRA or come off a schengen flight you only need to go through security once to reach the lounge. To reach a US-bound flight from the A gates you then only need to pass passport control (which usually doesn't have long lines). I was kinda surprised aswell and asked the fraport guys whether this is intent. It apparently is because EU security rules are even stronger than US (except for the shoe screening??)
Old Jul 5, 2007, 2:26 am

less frequent day

Hi,
what day of the week is in your opinion the most quiet in the FCT ?
Old Jul 5, 2007, 5:21 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by peter42
Nothing, this about about another trip with mum in F and GF and me in C.

Which would be mum + child (>18)+ guest.
Finally, here we go:

Children of any age are allowed to accompany a parent in the FCT/FCLs with parent having either HON status or a supporting F ticket.

So in the above example your mum has a supporting F ticket and can bring in you (Children, any age) and your GF (guest) to the FCT. ^
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:19 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Finally, here we go:

Children of any age are allowed to accompany a parent in the FCT/FCLs with parent having either HON status or a supporting F ticket.

So in the above example your mum has a supporting F ticket and can bring in you (Children, any age) and your GF (guest) to the FCT. ^
yes...but:
According to German law, a child is a person who has not attend the age of 14.
14-17 are called "Jugendlicher", and as of 18 you are an adult.

Now it depends which interpretation method you use.
Following the teleological interpretaton, I doubt that peter42 can be considered as what LH probably means with "children".

But I might probably be wrong of course
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
yes...but:
According to German law, a child is a person who has not attend the age of 14.
14-17 are called "Jugendlicher", and as of 18 you are an adult.

Now it depends which interpretation method you use.
Following the teleological interpretaton, I doubt that peter42 can be considered as what LH probably means with "children".

But I might probably be wrong of course
That's why I volunteered to ask, which I did Yesterday in the FCT and got the answer: Childs of any age. PA said: Oh we already had 40yr old childs in here - no problem.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by hch
That's not really accurate for the FCL in A. If you start your journey in FRA or come off a schengen flight you only need to go through security once to reach the lounge. To reach a US-bound flight from the A gates you then only need to pass passport control (which usually doesn't have long lines). I was kinda surprised aswell and asked the fraport guys whether this is intent. It apparently is because EU security rules are even stronger than US (except for the shoe screening??)
That must be new because I was surprised that I had no secondary screening when I flew FRA-IAD on UA in early April. In fact the gate was a low number C gate. Before they always had it further down with the Israelis.

In February I flew FRA-LCY (London city) and there was an annoying secondary.

Ok, I was told that this forum holds the secret of F lounge access. Am I supposed to plough through 168 pages.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:12 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Actually the open secret is that the connection from the FCL A lounge to the US gates in the upper A level has no additional US TSA type screening and is open to all. All they check there is your passport. ^
Old Jul 7, 2007, 12:13 pm

Programs: Various lustrous chemical elements
So I'm after some advice as I'm a little confused... I'm flying LHR-FRA-DXB next week in F, therefore I assume I can use the LH First Class Terminal in FRA, however how do I get to it?

Do I need to go through security and walk to the terminal on arrival at FRA, or is there some other way of getting there?

Cheers,

barella.
Old Jul 7, 2007, 8:35 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Go landside. Either head to first class check in (to the far left of check in area) and wait for car to take you to FCT, or walk. If walking can either take the lower level, turn left walk to the FCT building and press buzzer to be let in, or take the upper level along the edge of the roadway (to the left - there is no footpath).
Old Jul 8, 2007, 6:18 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Originally Posted by barella
I'm flying LHR-FRA-DXB next week in F
Keep in mind that if you fly FRA-DXB in LH F you also have access to the LH Senator lounge at LHR.
Normally if you fly LH C or have *G status (other than LH SEN/HON, which it looks like you don't have) you only have access to the business lounge.
So make sure you show your onward F BP as the LHR Senator lounge has better food and drinks.

I think Kiwi Flyer has already answered your original question properly.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 3:51 am

Bump!!

Hi,
Old Jul 9, 2007, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by W Nippert
Hi,
I think it is either Saturday or Sunday. These are the days, most HONs do not travel on shorthaul business, so only F flyers use the FCT. Finally Saturday might be less busy, than Sunday. But just guessing here. It may depend on the time in day.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
I think it is either Saturday or Sunday. These are the days, most HONs do not travel on shorthaul business, so only F flyers use the FCT. Finally Saturday might be less busy, than Sunday. But just guessing here. It may depend on the time in day.
Thank you!!

W.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.