Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:57 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
I have a question.

I need to know if the FCT lounge (or any F lounge) stays open at night.

This is my travel schedule:

LUFTHANSA 739
Depart: HONG KONG 1:30 PM
Arrive: FRANKFURT 7:20 PM
FIRST CLASS

LUFTHANSA 4130
Depart: FRANKFURT 8:50 AM
Arrive: NICE FRANCE 10:15 AM
BUSINESS CLASS

I would rather not fly into Nice late at night as I do not live in the city. I am rather at a far distance from the airport so I would not mind overnighting in the airport FCT or (F lounge) if possible.

Thank you very much in advance for your answers and advice.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by CDG1
I need to know if the FCT lounge (or any F lounge) stays open at night.
no the FCT closes once the last flight left...
Old Sep 13, 2007, 1:02 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Nope. FCT closes at night as do all the lounges. You can stay airside overnight if you wish, but for 13 1/2 hour transit I would head to a hotel in the city (a short train ride away).
Old Sep 13, 2007, 2:07 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Do you have any idea what time this might be? Midnight or earlier?
They probably open the F lounges very early in the morning?
I will save myself from going into the city if I can.
Not only I will be coming in from HKG but from Sydney and Singapore before that. Only layovers.

Originally Posted by sentom
no the FCT closes once the last flight left...
Old Sep 13, 2007, 2:18 pm

Not only I will be coming in from HKG but from Sydney and Singapore before that. Only layovers.
i think the official closing time is 22:45, but if a flight is delayed then they stey until this flight leaves. it opens at 5:45. all this info can be found here btw.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
There are also hotels near the airport, you don't need to go to the city if you don't want to.

SmilingBoy.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 8:21 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
When you drop somebody off at the FCT, can you enter with him or do you have to leave immediately?
Old Sep 14, 2007, 8:32 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by peter42
When you drop somebody off at the FCT, can you enter with him or do you have to leave immediately?
When you drop somebody off you can still enter the building, but you are not entitled to pass security. Before passing security you will find some chairs to sit and relax. AFAIK you can even order drinks to be served there.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
There are also hotels near the airport, you don't need to go to the city if you don't want to.

SmilingBoy.
Without derailing this thread too much....isn't there a Starwood physically inside the airport? (Landside of course...) Are there any other hotels that are super-convenient - either walkable or with a very short, free shuttle ride - to FRA?
Old Sep 14, 2007, 9:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by pinniped
Without derailing this thread too much....isn't there a Starwood physically inside the airport? (Landside of course...) Are there any other hotels that are super-convenient - either walkable or with a very short, free shuttle ride - to FRA?
I think there is a Sheraton - and I had to stay at a Steigenberger once after LH made me miss my connection (short, free bus ride).

SmilingBoy.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
I think there is a Sheraton - and I had to stay at a Steigenberger once after LH made me miss my connection (short, free bus ride).

SmilingBoy.
Yes, the Sheraton is right at the airport, connected at T1 hall B via walkway. The Steigenberger (at Unterschweinstiege) is close to T2 and providing a free shuttle bus service. I would always go for the Steigenberger, if I had to choose.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 6:16 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Yes, the Sheraton is right at the airport, connected at T1 hall B via walkway. The Steigenberger (at Unterschweinstiege) is close to T2 and providing a free shuttle bus service. I would always go for the Steigenberger, if I had to choose.
We got the Steigenberger once due to VDB, but did not like it.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 6:50 am
hch

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
A few years ago I had to stay at the Steigenberge because AA cancelled my flight to DFW, and I can't say I'm impressed with it. Then again I don't know any other hotel near FRA as INN is just a small hop in a Dash 8 away
Old Sep 17, 2007, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by peter42
We got the Steigenberger once due to VDB, but did not like it.
Originally Posted by hch
A few years ago I had to stay at the Steigenberge because AA cancelled my flight to DFW, and I can't say I'm impressed with it. Then again I don't know any other hotel near FRA as INN is just a small hop in a Dash 8 away
Interesting to hear. I have recommended it sometimes to people, who stay for a night at the airport in order to reach an early morning flight. Never got any negative feedback, but probably no positive either. Well, there are not so many choices at FRA.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Thanks...we're doing the Sheraton. For $60 + 4,000 points I figure it's worth it as long as it's not a complete dump. Just need to crash for a few hours...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.