Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2007, 1:58 pm
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Thanks for the answer !! ^
Old May 13, 2007, 10:32 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Similar service to FCT offered by FRAPORT?

It looks like that Fraport is offering guests of the Villa Kennedy in Frankfurt a similar services to that of the FCT.

Can anyone confirm whether they would be using LH's FCT? or does Fraport actually have its own seperate facility?

Code:
  LIMO - INTERLINE, OUR LIMOUSINE PARTNER OFFERS A TRIP         
    IN A S-CLASS MERCEDES FROM AND TO THE AIRPORT FOR EUR       
    100.00 PER TRIP INCL. VAT.  FRAPORT, THE AIRPORT            
    COMPANY OFFERS VILLA KENNEDY GUESTS THE USAGE OF            
    THEIR EXCLUSIVE LOUNGE INCLUDING LIMOUSINE SERVICE          
    FROM AND TO THE AIRCRAFT, VISA HANDLING, BAGGAGE           ‡
    HANDLING AND USAGE OF THE LOUNGE WITH ALL AMENITIES        ‡
    FOR A PRICE OF EUR 250.00 INCL. VAT.
(The above was obtained from the Sabre information pages for Villa Kennedy)
Old May 13, 2007, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Sounds like FRA's normal VIP service to me.
Old May 18, 2007, 12:32 am

First Class Lounge with friend on another flight

I am flyling out of FRA next week in F on LH -- and I have a friend travelling with me on J on a totally different LH flight (I'm going to JFK he is going to EWR)

Does anyone know if I can bring him into the First Class Terminal in FRA -- or do we have to be on exactly the same flights.

Thanks for your advice on this!
Old May 18, 2007, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
FCL=yes, FCT= no
Old May 18, 2007, 4:24 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
Originally Posted by flysurfer
FCL=yes, FCT= no
To clarify:

Guests for the FCT must be on the same flight, guests for the FCL can be on any *A flight.
Old May 28, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriot (via SPG) Lifetime Gold
Passport, security screening and standby F

My wife and I will be arriving in FRA from VCE. She has a 2-hour, 5-min connection to LAX in F. For my part, I have a 6-hour connection to PVG in C, although I hope to use an SWU to upgrade to F, which is standby only on LH. I would like my wife to experience the FCT, although she will be clueless to what it offers and I hope to surprise her. (And hopefully join her, as you'll see.)

1) Since my wife won't understand why we're leaving the airport to go to the terminal, can I sell her on the fact that I'm leading her to an easier security screening en route to the US? And that time savings will also negate the timing in the trip to the FCT? I also assume since we fly in from Italy that we don't have to go through passport control in FRA? I'm also basing this on that two hours seems to be the minimal time people are recommending for an FCT visit.

2) With luck, I will be upgraded for my FRA-PVG flight when I check in at VCE and can just join her at the FCT, but that probably won't happen 9 hours before my flight. So is there anyone in the FCT that can check on my standby upgrade status, or do I have to say goodbye to her at the entrance to the FCT? (Or conversely, should we just go to one of the FCLs?)

PS I'd like to personally congratulate myself for slogging through this entire thread and although some will claim my Qs have already been answered, I'd like to think my questions have a different context than what has been covered.
Old May 28, 2007, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your questions have already been answered (many times, actually) but I understand that you are hoping for a different answer, formally known as miracle.

Unfortuntaley, Pfingsten is now over, so you can't enter the FCT beyond security screening without a same-day confirmed flight in LH/LX F or being on the same flight as your wife.

It won't be a problem to go to any FCLs, though. As soon as your upgrade has cleared, you could even move on to the FCT.
Old May 28, 2007, 11:58 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Your questions have already been answered (many times, actually) but I understand that you are hoping for a different answer, formally known as miracle.
Thanks. ^
Old Jun 1, 2007, 12:39 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Gold, LH Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Priority Pass, Global Entry
Talking thoroughly enjoying the FCT

I'm not really sure what's confusing here.
FCT is no arrival facility. Period. There's nothing confusing about that. This is as clear as it gets.

Hence, it's a depature facility for LH, OS, LX and M&M integrated airlines. Which is great for you, as you are departing to DEN on LH metal on the same day you arrived in F.

Nobody said that you have to depart in F. Heck, the large majority of LH/LX/OS etc. flights departing FRA doesn't even have an F.
Thanks to all, Flysurfer and others! Just came in off the Jo'burg flight on First to connect to Denver in Biz. No problems coming into the FCT. The service is just always consistently stunning. Enjoying every minute of my time here!
Rick
Old Jun 1, 2007, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
FCT is certainly an experience to behold in these days of cattle-like treatment. Biggest problem was deciding among the many offerings of red and white wines, selections from the buffet, and which single malts to sample... and still be in any condition to actually fly back across the Atlantic with a more limited but equally high quality selection of food and drink!

I am not sure what the walk from the main terminal to the FCT would be like since it appears the sidewalk vanishes a few meters from the exit. Anyhow, got to the main First Class check-in after going landside off my TXL-FRA flight the other day...they ordered up a limo-minvan which zipped me in a round about fashion to the FCT where I underwent the whole procedure, having been well briefed by reading threads here on FT. Curiously I was the only BOS bound passenger in the FCT and was driven solo to the airplane, but the front cabin was full when I got onto the flight. (Assume they must have used one of the FCLs, which I did make a stop at on my connection on the outbound and found a pleasing teaser for the full monty treatment of the FCT.)
Old Jun 8, 2007, 9:43 pm
Suspended

I am flying lax to zur in f and flying to fra and bom in c. I hope they let me use the fct in fra.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 7:12 pm

Programs: Miles and More Hon
Thumbs down Access to HON Lounges

I am a HON since they started it 3 Years ago and fly through FRA all the time. However I can count my visits to the FCT on one hand. Its just too hard to get there as a transit passenger. Once on transit from FCO via FRA to IAH, I had 90 min. transit time, ariving in FRA, however we had a field position and got bussed in to the main terminal (takes time) I was told to go the First Class Check-in and they call a driver to bring me to the FCT. By the time I made it to the First Class Counter, I was advised that my flight boards in 40 min and they will only take me if there is a min of 45 min to boarding.

I had to get back via the two security checks and waited about 35 min at the second security check for USA bound flights. There is a line for First and Business Class and one for Economy, but its not enforced and there is no discipline amongst the fliers. Nervous economy passengers cross over arguing that they have to catch their flight etc. and what can you possibly say.

In clonclusion I must say that the three times I made it to the FCT in FRA it really was a nice experience, but most of the time I just struggle to get my connection flights. They should have accessable HON lounges with a fast track security check within the main terminal for transit passengers. Its a winner takes it all approach by LH, if you start you flight in FRA you get treated like a king if you are a transit passanger you are cattle irrespective if you are a First Class or Economy traveler.

The entire HON program is really only an advantage for flyers based in FRA for US based flyers its one big dissapointment.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I hear you Schwimmbeck. I'm not HON, but I upgrade to F often and I'm based in France. Usually the only time I get to use the FCT is when I schedule an overnight transit and sleep in the Sheraton before a long haul flight. Yesterday I was lucky in that my SIN-FRA flight arrived on time and I had over 2 hours transit time to my next flight. For the first time I had a chance and a reason to use the showers at the FCT. ^

However it isn't too bad that you get to use the F lounges in the terminal. You can take a nicer transit at MUC and use those.

Oh, and welcome to Flyertalk Schwimmbeck.
Old Jun 11, 2007, 12:33 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
Originally Posted by Schwimmbeck
They should have accessable HON lounges with a fast track security check within the main terminal for transit passengers.
Like the three First Class/HON Circle Lounges maybe?

Besides, if you don't have a lot of time, just walk to the FCT. It's a lot faster than waiting for a driver.

SmilingBoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.