Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Access to the FRA LH HON Circle/First Class TERMINAL and Lounge [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2007, 5:53 am

F pax dumped in FTL lounge

Originally Posted by BayFlyer
Only for verification:

An itinerary like this

SAO-ZRH in F (LX)
ZRH-FRA in C (LX)
... (6 hrs layover)
FRA-TXL in C (LH)

entitles me to access the FCT, right? No matter that neither the inbound nor the outbound flight is in F?
Originally Posted by alex0683de
As long as you have a same-day (or previous day, for overnight flights) F boarding pass for a flight ticketed on and operated by either LH or LX, you can access the FCT before a connecting flight even if you did not fly into FRA itself in F.
FWIW - I was not allowed to enter any F lounge in FRA.

I asked at two different F check-in booths, they had to call for information (one called the F Terminal directly). Not flying into FRA in F on LH but in C on LX was the problem (for them). So I had to spend a 7 hour layover (after already being on the road for nearly 24 hours) in the infamous, overcrowded and less than mediocre FTL lounge at A 26.

Thank you, Lufthansa, for another great experience.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 6:30 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...

I asked at two different F check-in booths, they had to call for information (one called the F Terminal directly). Not flying into FRA in F on LH but in C on LX was the problem (for them). So I had to spend a 7 hour layover (after already being on the road for nearly 24 hours) in the infamous, overcrowded and less than mediocre FTL lounge at A 26.

Sorry to hear. Didn't you try to enter the FCL at A26. AFAIK they should give access even for same day (arrival) BP in F, even on LX.

FCT has changed the rule recently to same day F departures anymore.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 6:54 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Sorry to hear. Didn't you try to enter the FCL at A26. AFAIK they should give access even for same day (arrival) BP in F, even on LX.

FCT has changed the rule recently to same day F departures anymore.
No, it doesn't work. I had the same problem. I was flying JFK-GVA (LX F) and GVA-FRA (LH C). They simply don't let you in the F lounges. I tried it in the B and A pier and no way. So I went to the Sen lounge, had my shower in the FTL section and head to my meeting.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 6:57 am

That's odd. I know and am sure that you are not entitled to use the F lounges, but you have definitely access to the SEN lounges. Not that the SEN lounge is less crowded at certain times (actually the opposite might be the case), but they have a better choice of food and drinks.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 7:01 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by totti
No, it doesn't work. I had the same problem. I was flying JFK-GVA (LX F) and GVA-FRA (LH C). They simply don't let you in the F lounges. I tried it in the B and A pier and no way. So I went to the Sen lounge, had my shower in the FTL section and head to my meeting.
Then this seems to be a new rule too. Does it mean, they exclude LX at all (even on departures after a connection) from FCL/FCT in FRA/MUC? Or is it just for arrivals. If just for arrvials, is it LX only, or has the F arrival to be at the location of the FCLs even for LH flights?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 7:06 am

After being refused for the second time, I've asked particularly which lounge I am entitled for (I have no status with LH) and the answer was "only business lounges".

I didn't gave it a try at the lounge entrance, though. Maybe this was my fault but I was not very eager to get rebuked for the third time in a row.

Even worse - I wouldn't have scheduled my itinerary with this huge layover in FRA if I had knew this before. I couldn't rebook on an earlier flight because of my checked luggage.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Then this seems to be a new rule too. Does it mean, they exclude LX at all (even on departures after a connection) from FCL/FCT in FRA/MUC? Or is it just for arrivals. If just for arrvials, is it LX only, or has the F arrival to be at the location of the FCLs even for LH flights?
I can't tell about departures, because I only had this as an arrival twice. I have always been off to NYC on LH or BA. The first time I tried this was in Aug. 2007 and at this time the rule was already in place.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 9:17 am

Programs: Lots
Last week a group of 5 of us was permitted access with an inbound LH F flight and an ongoing LH C flight. Even spoke to the service manager regarding a different issue. If there's a new rule forbidding connecting C pax, they sure don't all know about it, which in the FCT would definitely be odd.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 4:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by totti
I second this. The FCL in pier A is much better than the once in the B section. And IMHO it's not much of a difference compared to the FCT.

The terminal is much nicer and you got to love the fters who tell people that the a lounge is just as nice just so its not so crowded. The terminal is a big difference.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 4:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Sorry - I am unable to find the answer...

I know the answer is in this thread somewhere but I cannot find it so please bear with me....

I arrive from Chicago in FRA on LH in F and fly to Rome on LH in C four hours later.
***After clearing customs in Terminal 1 how do I get to the FCT?
***How will I get to my flight to Rome from the FCT - will they drive me or?

Flying from Rome to FRA in C on LH and connecting to Boston on LH in F 2.5 hours later.
***Do I clear customs in FRA ? - I have a Canadian passport
***How do I get to the FCT?

Thank you for your patience in answering this ..
Old Dec 2, 2007, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Yukonprince
I know the answer is in this thread somewhere but I cannot find it so please bear with me....

I arrive from Chicago in FRA on LH in F and fly to Rome on LH in C four hours later.
***After clearing customs in Terminal 1 how do I get to the FCT?
***How will I get to my flight to Rome from the FCT - will they drive me or?
You won't clear customs coming in. You'll clear customs at Rome (FCO, I suppose). You will, however, clear immigration (passport control) at FRA.

Simplest way to get to the FCT after clearing immigration is to go to the Lufthansa first class check-in area, and let them know you want to go to the FCT. They'll call for a van, and a few minutes (usually under 15) later, the van driver will come to the first class check-in room for you and take you to the FCT.

They drive you to your connecting flight from the FCT in either a Porsche or a Mercedes.

Originally Posted by Yukonprince
Flying from Rome to FRA in C on LH and connecting to Boston on LH in F 2.5 hours later.
***Do I clear customs in FRA ? - I have a Canadian passport
***How do I get to the FCT?

Thank you for your patience in answering this ..
No. You clear customs in Boston; your luggage will connect in FRA.

Since you'll be arriving in FRA on the Schengen side, you won't even have to clear immigration (passport control) on arrival at FRA, unless the plane unloads at the wrong gate. You'll clear immigration on departure (get stamped out of Schengen) at the FCT.

Get to the FCT the same way as before.

At least, this was accurate as of October. If it has changed, someone please chime in.

Last edited by Counsellor; Dec 2, 2007 at 5:49 am Reason: Added about clearing Schengen at the FCT
Old Dec 2, 2007, 1:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
Originally Posted by Counsellor
You won't clear customs coming in. You'll clear customs at Rome (FCO, I suppose). You will, however, clear immigration (passport control) at FRA.

Simplest way to get to the FCT after clearing immigration is to go to the Lufthansa first class check-in area, and let them know you want to go to the FCT. They'll call for a van, and a few minutes (usually under 15) later, the van driver will come to the first class check-in room for you and take you to the FCT.

They drive you to your connecting flight from the FCT in either a Porsche or a Mercedes.

No. You clear customs in Boston; your luggage will connect in FRA.

Since you'll be arriving in FRA on the Schengen side, you won't even have to clear immigration (passport control) on arrival at FRA, unless the plane unloads at the wrong gate. You'll clear immigration on departure (get stamped out of Schengen) at the FCT.

Get to the FCT the same way as before.

At least, this was accurate as of October. If it has changed, someone please chime in.

Seems pretty simple! Thanks - very much appreciated!
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
FCT on a FRA Connection

My parents are flying PHL-FRA-MAA this weekend in LH First on a UA award, and we were wondering whether it makes sense to try and use the FCT. Just to make sure I understand the basic facts correctly from culling other threads on the topic. first question is: do I have the steps correct?
  • they would need to exit immigration/customs
  • go to the check-in desk for LH First
  • a shuttle will take them over to the FCT
  • they can get the car service from the FCT to their MAA flight
  • the car may be replaced by a van

A few follow-up questions from this-- they have a 2h55 connection in FRA; is this sufficient time to do this? if they have time, is it even worth it to use the FCT or should they just use a First lounge (if so, which one?)

Any advice would be most appreciated: my parents have never flown in Int'l First before so they are looking forward to it (and I am looking forward to the endless praise I'll get for being such a wonderful son
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:10 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
2:55 is ample time (I have done in shorter transits). You have the process correct. IMO, given this sounds like a once in a lifetime trip for them, it would be worthwhile to try the FCT at least one way if not both, just for the experience for them - it is sure to impress and be unforgetable.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:22 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Agree - definitely do it. I've visited FCT on less than an hour transit (due to late inbound flight), albeit that was to ensure a quick shower before boarding - no time for much else. 2:55 is plenty of time to get there, have a shower or bath, have a sit down meal and later drink service at their seat while reading/talking/watching telly/smoking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.